Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Aye I could reminisce all day about past FM/CM legends that never turned out to be anything.

It's always around now that I get the urge to start a new game as some lower league side, end up taking the Newcastle job as soon as it's offered though.

It's always around now that I get the urge to start a new game as some lower league side, end up taking the Newcastle job as soon as it's offered though.

My ex bought me the last version of it I had. I'm sure it played a major part in our breakup but she only had herself to blame. Not really bothered with it for a few years now like since I had Niang smash in sixty odd goals for us on our way to the champions league.

My ex bought me the last version of it I had. I'm sure it played a major part in our breakup but she only had herself to blame. Not really bothered with it for a few years now like since I had Niang smash in sixty odd goals for us on our way to the champions league.

I've got the "Classic" version for the iPad. Makes lunch & the commute bearable. It's the stripped back version, but I prefer the massively complex time intensive version, tbh

I've got the "Classic" version for the iPad. Makes lunch & the commute bearable. It's the stripped back version, but I prefer the massively complex time intensive version, tbh

How did you get that? And does it work on other devices (iphone, pc etc) as I don't have an ipad. I'm the same, I lost interest when it become too complex.

How did you get that? And does it work on other devices (iphone, pc etc) as I don't have an ipad. I'm the same, I lost interest when it become too complex.

It's in the app store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sportsinteractive.fm15&hl=en

If you want to play this on pc, you can just buy the latest version and start a "Career game" then choose "Football Manager Classic" option.

Much quicker, no media, less minutia.

Spot on cheers.

No worries.

However I accept no responsibility for the inevitable breakdown of your relationship, and subsequent decline into hermitude.

(Hermitude? that doesn't sound right. Hermitocity? Hermitness?)

No worries.

However I accept no responsibility for the inevitable breakdown of your relationship, and subsequent decline into hermitude.

(Hermitude? that doesn't sound right. Hermitocity? Hermitness?)

No worries on that score. I've decided Hermitness (that one sounds best to me) is the way to go from now on anyway!

No worries on that score. I've decided Hermitness (that one sounds best to me) is the way to go from now on anyway!

Apparently there is a shit load of single girls in your area and the ones advertised are decent looking. :dunno:

Apparently there is a shit load of single girls in your area and the ones advertised are decent looking. :dunno:

You going to change your user name to plenty of fish? I'm fine in that regard though thanks, I just have no intention of letting any of the move in with me. I value the times when I can be a lazy as I want and not have anyone nagging me. Edited by David Kelly

You going to change your user name to plenty of fish? I'm fine in that regard though thanks, I just have no intention of letting any of the move in with me. I value the times when I can be a lazy as I want and not have anyone nagging me.

A Uni mate of mine met her boyfriend (now fiance) through Plenty of Fish. His Username was "Troy Steel" and his favourite sport is WWF wrestling.

Make of that, what you will.

A Uni mate of mine met her boyfriend (now fiance) through Plenty of Fish. His Username was "Troy Steel" and his favourite sport is WWF wrestling.

You got the KB back then but 'Troy' didn't? :unsure2:

Suggests anyone can pull on it!

A mate of mine uses it and found a few lasses that he's went out with for a bit. I've met a couple of them and they weren't as advertised for my money.

It's not for me like but then again I generally look borderline Jonny Decka in photos so I wouldn't want to meet any lass who fancied a date with me from one of them.

You got the KB back then but 'Troy' didn't? :unsure2:

I honestly wouldn't have a go on this one. She once drunkenly peed on her laptop because she mistook it for a toilet, as it was resting on a chair in her room...

Edited by The Fish

I honestly wouldn't have a go on this one. She once drunkenly peed on her laptop because she mistook it for a toilet, as it was resting on a chair in her room...

That's surely not the reason you wouldn't have a go though is it you picky twat?

:lol:Weemail?Good job she didn't get on the sphincternet.

That's surely not the reason you wouldn't have a go though is it you picky twat?

There's more, much more, but always leave your audience wanting more.

:lol: Weemail? Good job she didn't get on the sphincternet.

:lol:

Luckily it was a PeeC, not a Crapple Mac

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclarens-coaching-cv-evaluating-9429733

having read this piece, at least he looks like he has some honour and self respect and looks like he will resign when he knows he hasn't done well enough, or has lost the fans. unlike the smarmy twat who proceeded him.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclarens-coaching-cv-evaluating-9429733

having read this piece, at least he looks like he has some honour and self respect and looks like he will resign when he knows he hasn't done well enough, or has lost the fans. unlike the smarmy twat who proceeded him.

That just made me think; what if this media furore was simply a strategy to distract the attention away from McClaren and towards the club/Media partners?

He gets good will from the widely accepted respect for his cv, and sidesteps awkward questions as the journalists tumble over themselves to point fingers at each other in a most hypocritical way.

How much will the average fan even know about the media furore? Those of us on message boards and twitter have seen the Journalists sniping at each other but there's a hell of a lot of our fan base who's only source of information is Sky and the local press anyway. And I know the chronicle weren't a part of the press conference, but given they're part of the mirror group, they aren't going to kick up much of a fuss.

I know that they've got other journalists backs up and I agree it's not the best sign of a new open relationship with the fans and the outstide world, but I just don't think it's that big an issue.

Edited by David Kelly

That just made me think; what if this media furore was simply a strategy to distract the attention away from McClaren and towards the club/Media partners?

He gets good will from the widely accepted respect for his cv, and sidesteps awkward questions as the journalists tumble over themselves to point fingers at each other in a most hypocritical way.

Giving them way too much respect there, Fish.

Mirror Group has obviously coughed up some cash and Sky is our main income generator. That's as far as it goes.

Stole this comment off the Gonadriu

It's a pity that McClaren's reputation amongst Derby supporters has been somewhat tarnished by his 5 month flirtation with Newcastle, because undoubtedly he was responsible for producing some of the best football we'd seen in years and getting the team to higher placed finishes than had seemed possible under Nigel Clough. The end of season collapse can be blamed in part on a hefty injury list, but something undoubtedly was also lost in team spirit, focus and motivation in a squad that had shown plenty of all 3 qualities in the first half of last season as they bounced back impressively from a cruel PO final defeat. It's impossible to separate that loss of focus of both the team and McClaren himself from the distraction that Newcastle's continued pursuit caused. Tapping up of managers isn't seen in the same light as tapping up of players, but the effect on Derby's season was catastrophic.
Most fans would have been willing to give him another chance, but understood the reason for the owners' decision. However, his comments since taking over at Newcastle will have hardened the views of many. He might feel he was harshly sacked, but whatever he said to his employers about the discussions that he and/or his agent had with Newcastle in January and since then (and supporters aren't party to that information), his public denials were unconvincing and his assertion that he was committed to Derby were ambiguous at best. In the end, I think the owners didn't believe him either.
He may well do a grand job at Newcastle but, whilst his qualities as a coach are undeniable, a question mark remains over his managerial ability since, when his teams have hit a sticky patch, he's consistently struggled to get them out of it.
Edited by trophyshy