Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

When it all, inevitably, goes pear shaped, will McClaren the Board member have to ring McClaren the coach to sack himself?

They haven't thought this through, have they?

He'll have to pass the phone to himself ;)

If the purpose of the board is only to discuss football then its not too bad an idea, not having financial control withstanding, but what use will it be for deciding commercial or other business matters?

If they wanted to pay real lip service to this fresh start bollocks they could have added a fan rep but that's just proper fantasy.

Its a tiny bit encouraging iyam, time as always will tell..I cant see what will change unless Charnley is being handed a budget with complete control over it and the err "football three" decide on the players who come in, without Ashley rubber stamping everything. If Ashley is still having the final say not a fucking thing will have changed.

Edited by PaddockLad

I am utterly disenchanted with Ashley's view and handling of the club.

However I think McClaren on the board is a view to the future and not necessarily a bad thing, if things go tits up (they probably will) they can keep him on as the "football man" on the board and appoint a new head coach with relatively little disruption to the club. Basically acting as a Director of Football.

However any success or failure is going to be down to McClarens ability in both roles (debatable), the ability of the new board to create change at all levels of the club (unlikely) and a much higher level of investment than previously from Ashley/the clubs coffers (no chance).

So basically, meh.

The Knight Ryder must be fuming, missed out on an exclusive after all the fucking nonsense he has put out on the clubs behalf. Wonder if we'll see an article about how mint McClaren is now after he slated him the other week.

Simpson was a tidy player, thought we should've bought him a few years ago. No idea of his coaching reputation.

He turned oot for that memorable 4-1 against us at Derby, he was different class.

The Knight Ryder must be fuming, missed out on an exclusive after all the fucking nonsense he has put out on the clubs behalf. Wonder if we'll see an article about how mint McClaren is now after he slated him the other week.

:lol:

Once he's picked the ginger pubes out of his teeth, I'm sure we'll be treated to "5 reasons Steve is this former foot soldier's ideal coach"

Now we all know John Carver was the best coach in the league, c'mon man he told us so.

So, where will the brolly-man rank himself behind Carver.

I'm a little fussed about this shooting for 8th place, what does 8th place achieve other than 8th place. Surely the target should be higher than that to cement European competition.

Once he's picked the ginger pubes out of his teeth, I'm sure we'll be treated to "5 reasons Steve is this former foot soldier's ideal coach"

He's becoming a parody of himself, which was a parody of Alan Oliver.