We're in talks with Arsenal over Senderos

Paul

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

If Taylor wasn't geordie more people would say he's not good enough a lot of the time. He has potential I suppose, but it's about time people started to realise he'snot Bobby Moore.

Keegan keen on Senderos

Magpies boss hints at interest in defender

By James Dall Last updated: 22nd August 2008

Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan has hinted at an interest in signing Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos.

Senderos was linked with a transfer to St James' Park earlier this summer, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger rejected the reports.

The Switzerland international could find his first-team opportunities at Arsenal restricted this term after the club landed 31-year-old Mikael Silvestre from Manchester United on Wednesday.

Reports emerged on Friday claiming AC Milan could move for Senderos; however the Italian giants have failed to confirm or deny the speculation.

Keegan, though, has intimated that he could strengthen his defensive ranks with the addition of the 23-year-old after the player's father claimed both Milan and the Magpies were keen to secure his services.

Three signings

"Well, the lad has got two tremendous clubs to pick from if his dad's right," Keegan said on Sky Sports News.

"Yes, [we are looking for that sort of player in that position].

"We are looking for three more players to come in before the deadline, but they have got to be the right players.

"We definitely need another defender; there is no doubt about that.

"We are looking for a defender, a midfield player and possible one more forward."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4030874,00.html

Milan coy on Senderos link

Defender's agent has not been contacted by Milan

By James Dall Last updated: 22nd August 2008

AC Milan technical director Leonardo has failed to dampen speculation linking Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos with a surprise move to the San Siro.

Press reports have suggested the Switzerland international is a Milan target as head coach Carlo Ancelotti aims to reinforce his defensive options.

Senderos' form at Arsenal has been mixed since he signed from Servette in 2003 while he has struggled for regular first-team football, making just 14 Premier League starts last term.

The 23-year-old could see his opportunities reduced further this term after the Gunners landed experienced defender Mikael Silvestre from Manchester United on Wednesday.

Contact

It is claimed Milan could turn to centre-back Senderos before the close of the transfer window, and Leonardo has done little to ease the mounting rumours surrounding a transfer.

He told Mediaset: "Senderos? There is nothing definite but the market is open until 31st August."

However, the player's agent claims there has been no official approach from Milan.

"I have no news about it, I am currently on holiday and I have not had any official contact," Franco Granello told calciomercato.com.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_4030211,00.html

Better than Taylor.

Forgot to take your medication today?

Evidently he hasn't.

The way people go on about Steven fucking Taylor is a joke man.. He's about as good as Kevin Scott (*) was back in the mid-late 80s.

Largely suspect the pro-Taylor clan will have to google that one :huh:

Better than Taylor.

Evidently he hasn't.

The way people go on about Steven fucking Taylor is a joke man.. He's about as good as Kevin Scott (*) was back in the mid-late 80s.

Well i rate him, yes he was poor last season but you can see he has the ability and potential to be a rock solid centre half, him and colo will be a trememdous pairing in defence. I just dont get all the stick he comes in for when he is heads and shoulders better than most we've had at this club in recent years.

He gets the stick because he's played 100 Premier League games and has appeared to have learned the square root of bollocks all, thinks he's better than he is and applauds the fans after each game to convince some people that he's not a useless centre-half. The amount of times he loses his man and you find him on the goal line trying to block a shot or bollocking someone else for his mistakes to amazing.

Better than Taylor.

Evidently he hasn't.

Well i rate him, yes he was poor last season but you can see he has the ability and potential to be a rock solid centre half, him and colo will be a trememdous pairing in defence. I just dont get all the stick he comes in for when he is heads and shoulders better than most we've had at this club in recent years.

He's better than Boumsong, Rozenhal and perhaps Cacapa on a bad day... but he's no better than the rest. He had visions of being the next Woodgate here - doesn't hold a candle to him IMO.

And his worst characteristic of all is he believes in all the hype about him.

Guest Stevie
My gooner mates call him Senderos the brave and cant wait to see if this goes through

What a shite name to call someone. I'd be embarrassed calling him that. Arsenal fans hehe, Observer readers most of them, and that's the ones who are less inhibited. Can you remember when they were at Highbury, every European game the camera would go on this middle aged bloke with long blonde hair, I remember thinking fuck off to Twickers where you belong.