Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the people in charge of this football club? I'm surprised they haven't called KK a stupidhead yet. Immature wankers, the lot of them. I didn't think it was possible for everybody to hate them even more. Do they think we're going to look at that statement, think "ah, they must be right" when they said the complete opposite not 3 months ago?

These are the people in charge of this football club? I'm surprised they haven't called KK a stupidhead yet. Immature wankers, the lot of them. I didn't think it was possible for everybody to hate them even more. Do they think we're going to look at that statement, think "ah, they must be right" when they said the complete opposite not 3 months ago?

It can only be blind panic.

KK fighting back through LMA

06 Sep 2008

Statement in respect of further comments from Newcastle United F.C.

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

Richard Bevan, LMA chief executive, said:

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

The following quotes are reproduced from published articles:

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

Where was this? Are the press evening paying any attention to it? Go Bevan!!! :D

I got a reply from Mort.

RE: ‏

Sent: Fri 9/05/08 9:05 AM

To: leazeslad30@hotmail.com

Thanks Steve

Having brought KK back to NUFC, I am obviously very disappointed with recent developments. I have not had an involvement with NUFC or individuals there since early June and do not expect to have a role influencing where things go from here.

Regards

Chris

Can't blame him for wanting fuck all to do with it.

He seems a top bloke tbh. What did you send him?

Hi Chris,

I know you are a busy man so I won't take up too much of your time.

I'm saddened by the fact you left your position at NUFC, the reason I am is because you are probably the best chairman we've had. You communicated with the fans, didn't tell us any lies, and made sure our thoughts and opinions were noted and acted upon.

This new bloke Llambias, is the complete opposite, I don't think I've ever heard his voice, he's clearly not up to it, and this crisis this week, would never have happened had you still been here. It must be boring as fuck being a solicitor compared to the ups and downs as chairman at one of the biggest football clubs in Europe, so I think you should consider coming back, you are very popular on Tyneside, more so than Mr Ashley, and we feel you could steady the ship.

Regards

Steve

:D

I just spat tea all over my fucking keyboard :icon_lol:

06 Sep 2008

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

Where was this? Are the press evening paying any attention to it? Go Bevan!!! :D

Anyone else think stevie should use his tried and tested approach to Mort and give this fella a ring for some more info? "I know it must be as boring as fuck....."

Apart from the departure of KK and the lead-up to it and the causes etc. the way in which the club has dealt with things over the past 5 days shows how clueless they really are about NUFC and its relationship with the fans. They really couldn't have gauged public opinion any less accurately if they'd tried.

It's so ridiculous it's like a bad dream that I just can't wait to end. I wish the Hull game had of been yesterday although if the club release anymore shite like they have I'm sure the feelings will be running as high if not higher come Saturday.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

06 Sep 2008

Kevin Keegan said:

Anyone else think stevie should use his tried and tested approach to Mort and give this fella a ring for some more info? "I know it must be as boring as fuck....."

I've sent him a text :icon_lol:

06 Sep 2008

Kevin Keegan said:

Stevie or Tricky Dickie?

Looks like they've shot themselves in the cock there like. The club that is. As many people are pointing out the recent statements made by the club actually contradicts what they have said publicly in the past regarding Keegan's role.

06 Sep 2008

Kevin Keegan said:

what did u put??

keep us posted

Looks like they've shot themselves in the cock there like. The club that is. As many people are pointing out the recent statements made by the club actually contradicts what they have said publicly in the past regarding Keegan's role.

I was saying the other day they were amateurs, but seriously it's worse than that...Bannana republic?

agreed, its not just the number of people looking at the quotes, but the stature of the people, ie Dickie B

According to Setanta news "Breaking News" strapline, we're in talks with Fatih Terim aka Mental Turkey boss

I could live with that until Ashley sold the club and someone new was brought in :icon_lol: Realistically hes the best we can do right now probably, hes had a good managerial career and his teams play good football.

Has tended to have a massive spazz when he doesnt get the investment he wants/his own way..

Someones edited his wiki page already

and he hates fate cockney dwarfs.'

Edited by JonGoodwyn

According to Setanta news "Breaking News" strapline, we're in talks with Fatih Terim aka Mental Turkey boss

I could live with that until Ashley sold the club and someone new was brought in :pray: Realistically hes the best we can do right now probably, hes had a good managerial career and his teams play good football.

Has tended to have a massive spazz when he doesnt get the investment he wants/his own way..

Someones edited his wiki page already

and he hates fate cockney dwarfs.'

there are some sharp fuckers about :icon_lol: