Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Apart from the departure of KK and the lead-up to it and the causes etc. the way in which the club has dealt with things over the past 5 days shows how clueless they really are about NUFC and its relationship with the fans. They really couldn't have gauged public opinion any less accurately if they'd tried.

I can't decide if they are just that clueless, or that incredibly arrogant, or both.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the departure of KK and the lead-up to it and the causes etc. the way in which the club has dealt with things over the past 5 days shows how clueless they really are about NUFC and its relationship with the fans. They really couldn't have gauged public opinion any less accurately if they'd tried.

I can't decide if they are just that clueless, or that incredibly arrogant, or both.

Well aye, I think ego and arrogance comes into it. Probably why they thought they could treat a bloke like Keegan the way they did as well.

Does Fatih Terim strike anyone as a yes man?

Seems like the complete opposite

Exactly. Probably total bollocks anyway like.

Without any doubt

Perhaps they're hoping conjecture about the new boss will cease conjecture about the old boss?

Just got back from 70 or so hours flooded in in Wooler with no contact to the outside world, so it's the first I've seen of yesterdays statement.

Canny funny like.

Just got a text saying Dennis Wise's car got smashed up too, is that right?

From wiki:

He was recommended by former Newcastle United manager Bobby Robson to the Newcastle board following Sam Allardyce's departure. However the job went to Kevin Keegan.

Anyone know if there's truth in that? I'd have him at the moment, he's certainly loopy enough to take the job and he can motivate a team.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to write that I'm talking about Terim.

Edited by acrossthepond

Just got back from 70 or so hours flooded in in Wooler with no contact to the outside world, so it's the first I've seen of yesterdays statement.

Canny funny like.

444578212_f1a08d9807_o.jpg

just the front wheel

Canny funny like.

Nah, Wise took Ashley and the rest of the board out for a drive in it earlier.

clown-car.JPG

Canny funny like.

With any luck the little shit was in it at the time.

OK... I've had a day or so for that statement to sink in but i'm still no less livid...

They're questioning Keegan's ability to manage transfers and realism on finances, despite the fact that he has 13+ years experience on managing a football team?

How much experience have these shits had in managing a football club? It's quite concerning that Dennis Wise was probably the most experienced.

OK... I've had a day or so for that statement to sink in but i'm still no less livid...

They're questioning Keegan's ability to manage transfers and realism on finances, despite the fact that he has 13+ years experience on managing a football team?

How much experience have these shits had in managing a football club? It's quite concerning that Dennis Wise was probably the most experienced.

That story in the NOW is hilarious.

Aye it's stupid, whether big name transfers, squad transfers, unknown transfers that have done well; Keegan >>>>> Wise and the 3 stooges.

Plus I'd still say Keegan was their biggest weapon in the arsenal, I'd bet that Keegan flying out personally to meet him might have been the thing that could have made Modric entertain coming here (and probably would have been an effective factor in a lot of our targets).

Plus I'd still say Keegan was their biggest weapon in the arsenal, I'd bet that Keegan flying out personally to meet him might have been the thing that could have made Modric entertain coming here (and probably would have been an effective factor in a lot of our targets).

I was saying that to a mate at Arsenal last week - just say we had gone for Berbatov, I wouldn't have been surprised if Keegan would have persuaded him to come - unlikely maybe but a chance.

Note also that also the Schweinsteiger stories don't involve Keegan either - another wasted chance.

They used Keegan's affinity with the fans as a PR weapon but couldn't see another of his talents was going to waste.

Edited by NJS

I was saying that to a mate at Arsenal last week - just say we had gone for Berbatov, I wouldn't have been surprised if Keegan would have persuaded him to come - unlikely maybe but a chance.

Note also that also the Schweinsteiger stories don't involve Keegan either - another wasted chance.

They used Keegan's affinity with the fans as a PR weapon but couldn't see another of his talents was going to waste.

Aye that's the thing, he'll still have some football draw (although not as much as once admittedly), but his powers of persuasion and getting people to believe with him would still have to have been one of Newcastle most potent weapons.

The chances of him being able to convince Berbatov would, of course, be minuscule, but if anyone was going to do it it would probably be the man that built the team he used to watch and that convinced Shearer.

Kevin Keegan will use evidence from Newcastle's own club publications to back up his £8m claim for constructive dismissal.

Newcastle chiefs set about trashing Keegan at the weekend with briefings aimed at tarnishing his reputation - a move that will trigger more revulsion from fans.

Owner Mike Ashley and his directors claimed Keegan had no responsibility over new signings.

But Keegan yesterday insisted: "When I joined Newcastle it was made clear to me I would have the final say on player movement."

And Mirror Sport has built up a strong case to prove the club's statement is misleading - using their own website archive.

Fact: Ashley told Newcastle's official magazine last month: "If the deal is right - that means the right player who Kevin wants - we will do the deal. Kevin is very particular on who he wants."

Fact: Wise told the club website on February 1: "He (Keegan) will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back."

Fact: Later that day, in a piece billed as an exclusive with the club's TV station, Wise added: "A lot of people have got a little mixed up with the reason I'm here and we need to straighten that out quite quickly. I'm not here to be involved in the first team."

Fact: On January 29 then chairman Chris Mort stated: "Kevin will be responsible for ALL matters related to the first team."

Fact: Keegan, proving he is being consistent in claiming he was in charge of transfers from day one, said on April 24: "If they bring players in who are not my players I wouldn't be managing this club.

Ashley and Executive Director Dennis Wise are in the ludicrous position of having to claim they were misquoted by their own club officials to wriggle out of the row that led to Keegan's walk-out.

The club is now left with little choice but to appoint a friend of Wise as their new boss who will take the title of 'coach'.

That has led to Wise's former Chelsea team-mates Gus Poyet and the charismatic Gianfranco Zola becoming front-runners for the St James's Park job, along with Didier Deschamps and Spaniard Jose Camacho.

One candidate, Real Zaragoza boss Marcelino Toral, has ruled himself out of the running.

He said: "It doesn't matter what the team is, or how much money they have, no club will take me away from Zaragoza. I have made a commitment."

If Keegan's claims are vindicated, I reckon a class-action law suit is in order.

Every season-ticket holder should band together to get their money back off Ashley, if it's found he deliberately misled us.

Unfortunately 19 games of football is all you pay for - there are no attached promises of anything else.

If Keegan's claims are vindicated, I reckon a class-action law suit is in order.

Every season-ticket holder should band together to get their money back off Ashley, if it's found he deliberately misled us.

Unfortunately 19 games of football is all you pay for - there are no attached promises of anything else.

..or 57.

:D

False advertising, if you ask me.

Sweet.

Plus damages against the club and punitieve/character/constructive/lible against KK say £200m Law Lords and Judges like to give a percentage of net worth so it hurts. :D

..or 57.

:D

Did anyone read the smallprint as to what happens if we get relegated?