Scottish Mag

Imagine that man, curry bovril and pashwari naan at half time :D

God help us, the 2nd half beer farts are bad enough as it is

They could sell Cobra beer instead of Carling too :icon_lol:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having someone prepared to put £100m+ into NUFC would just be bringing us to the party and not guarantee anything. The way football is going (obcenely imo) a club needs a sugar daddy just to be in the running.

I would like to see the Sultan of Brunei get his piggy bank out for us but beggars can't be choosers.

Indian - NUFC - cash cow. (hindu joke for you there. Oh stop laughing, it wasn't that funny :D:icon_lol: )

Which is why an Indian Billionaire with £25B to his name is more likely to take on such a high risk small reward investment. Nobody gets into football ownership for profits alone, there are a myriad of better investments.

edited because I accidently gave Ambani an extra £225B :D

Edited by The Fish

Which is why an Indian Billionaire with £25B to his name is more likely to take on such a high risk small reward investment. Nobody gets into football ownership for profits alone, there are a myriad of better investments.

It (the PL) becomming a global product and brand, the Yanks are in the Arabs are just about in, the mega rich Indians are bound to follow. It's a marketing vehicle to the masses on a global level.

It (the PL) becomming a global product and brand, the Yanks are in the Arabs are just about in, the mega rich Indians are bound to follow. It's a marketing vehicle to the masses on a global level.

My point being it's not the football club they're really bothered about it's the brand awareness, the access to markets and their media profile.

My point being it's not the football club they're really bothered about it's the brand awareness, the access to markets and their media profile.

True. Buying NUFC could be a fuckin' huuuuge statement by Reliance. If the other English clubs were owned by other nationalities, having one (NUFC) owned by an Indian could have an enormous impact financially, for both Reliance and NUFC, on the sub continent.

times online http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4688249.ece

Indian billionaire revives interest in Newcastle - and could hire Kevin Keegan

Simon Rushworth

Mike Ashley, the embattled owner of Newcastle United, could be offered an early opportunity to follow Kevin Keegan out of St James’ Park after it emerged that there is fresh interest in the Tyneside club from abroad.

It is becoming increasingly likely that Reliance Communications, the Indian-based telecoms giant, will seek formal talks with the Barclays Premier League club’s board with a view to a £220 million takeover. However, of greater significance to those furious Newcastle supporters determined to oust Ashley is the revelation that Anil Ambani, the owner of Reliance, has identified Keegan as the only credible managerial candidate capable of moving the club forward.

Less than 24 hours after Keegan announced his departure from St James’ Park as manager for the second time, the odds on him being reappointed had fallen to 14-1. Ambani is a great believer in continuity and his representatives are aware of the standing of the so-called “Geordie Messiah” among the club’s supporters. He was first linked with a buyout of Newcastle last month, but his representatives denied suggestions of a £260 million move. It is understood that Ambani balked at that price because Newcastle had failed to strengthen the squad.

However, Reliance has followed developments at the club and the team that it assembled to investigate the viability of a bid believes that the time is right to test Ashley’s resolve. Aware of the vitriol aimed at Newcastle’s owner by fans who feel that Keegan is an innocent victim of mismanagement, the Indians are ready to move fast with an offer that more realistically matches their assessment of the club’s value. Ashley paid £130 million for Newcastle in July 2007 and wiped out debts estimated at £80 million, but rumours persisted that the businessman was seeking a sale after becoming disillusioned with his investment.

Highly placed sources suggest that Reliance and others were invited to bid in excess of £250 million for Newcastle this summer. Those sources said yesterday that Ambani was ready to revive interest in his favourite Premier League club, with Keegan at the centre of an ambitious public-relations policy aimed to get disillusioned season ticket-holders and deserting businesses back on board.

Ambani will appeal to Newcastle fans, who crave serious investment in the team come January. The world’s sixth-richest man boasts a fortune of £21 billion and it is understood that Keegan, should he be persuaded to return for a third term as manager at St James’ Park, would be handed at least £100 million to strengthen the squad in the new year.

The supporters’ mood was not helped yesterday when Alan Shearer ruled himself out of involvement with the club. The former club captain said: “I would like to be a manager at some stage in my career, but that means controlling the players that go in and the players that go out.

“I don’t think I would be comfortable working within a structure with a director of football who was picking and choosing the players for me.”

:D

Early reports suggest that Parky Industries has openend up two new fronts and is fully engaged against Mike Ashley. Project "fat cuckoo" has made serious incursions on what was last night thought to be safe Ashley turf. Viva la revelucion!

Indeed.

All we can do is hope that this fella is genuinely interested.

I can't see Ashley sticking through much of the fans protests.

:icon_lol:

I've decided it will be Ambani + Keegan.

Or DIC and someone else.

:pray:

I've decided it will be Ambani + Keegan.

Or DIC and someone else.

Or any other permutation of the 6 Billion odd people out there... :icon_lol:

if he doesn't sell, when will he next be at a game ?

Who knows. But do you remember the scousers' demonstration last season at Anfield against the two yanks? I reckon that will be like a teddy bear's picnic compared to SJP in full voice against Ashley and Wise if he/they did turn up to a game.

Who knows. But do you remember the scousers' demonstration last season at Anfield against the two yanks? I reckon that will be like a teddy bear's picnic compared to SJP in full voice against Ashley and Wise if he/they did turn up to a game.

He won't come to games for quite some time imo. There is some truth in the fact that he has been willing to sell a percentage or all the club since the summer.

He won't come to games for quite some time imo. There is some truth in the fact that he has been willing to sell a percentage or all the club since the summer.

If he comes to any future matches and even attempts to sit anywhere near the fans he'll get abuse, or worse. If he didn't then those around him aren't fans of NUFC, this worm is scum.

Not exactly. Football is just one big overhyped, overpaid mess now. All the clubs are fast becoming the playthings of the rich and bored, it's got fuck all to do with us. To have any hope of success we're now hoping that we can flash our proverbial knickers in the face of some mega rich Indians like a cheap slut.

But...why should we be left out? Why should we get all the shit headlines, never the succesful ones? We deserve success as much as the next club, yet we are consistently shat on from a height. Why should we be the club that takes some sort of stance against this orgy of capitalism? And also, what's the alternative? We get taken over by a fans' consortium, and slowly sink down the leagues as the money dries up?

But isn't that just saying "everyone else's daughter is on the game, so you might as well put a skirt on and make a few quid?"

I don't have any answers, but I'm not sure such a takeover is one of them. I don't know at all, basically.

Says something when you no longer hope for your star player to shine, your manager to finally get the team to click, or so on. But, what you hope for is some worldly Billionaire to take over your club for a chance to progress.

Pretty sad for football really.

Edited by JawD

Says something when you no longer hope for your star player to shine, your manager to finally get the team to click, or so on. But, what you hope for is some worldly Billionaire to take over your club for a chance to progress.

Pretty sad for football really.

That's exactly how I see football now :D

I'm actually ridiculously glad that Watford are in the Championship. And hope that the Premiership abandons the lower leagues and becomes a closed shop - the Championship (bar those cuntfuckers QPR who seem to want to ruin everything) is exciting and anything can happen - even if the football isn't pretty, I'd rather go in to every game with a chance of winning than having to cross out half the fixtures as pre-decided defeats and then hope to win some of the other games to finish 14th again this year. Great fucking success that is, eh?