Croatia 1-4 (FOUR) England

Besty

Rooney is thick as fuck as a normal person but as a footballer his vision and intelligance is awesome, the bloke is on another planet man!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I don't think Rooney's half as stupid as people think. I actually think he can be surprisingly eloquent at times.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney is thick as fuck as a normal person but as a footballer his vision and intelligance is awesome, the bloke is on another planet man!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I don't think Rooney's half as stupid as people think. I actually think he can be surprisingly eloquent at times.

He says "ehmmm" a lot and has no GCSEs but he can still provide better interviews than most English footballers.

well if you wanted to stick your neck out you could possibly have done it before tonight ;)

Modric is nowt. Over-rated. ;)

He wasn't amazing, nor were the rest, but without that first pretty lucky goal, things might have been a bit different.

Although for everyone thinking Billic is all that, he didn't seem to have much idea of what if anything to do after we went 1 up, never mind after they lost a man (having said that whilst it was 0-0 and even 11-a-side they could have got back into the game easily enough.

Modric is nowt. Over-rated. ;)

He wasn't amazing, nor were the rest, but without that first pretty lucky goal, things might have been a bit different.

Although for everyone thinking Billic is all that, he didn't seem to have much idea of what if anything to do after we went 1 up, never mind after they lost a man (having said that whilst it was 0-0 and even 11-a-side they could have got back into the game easily enough.

Some top analysis there like. You should be on the beeb.

Modric is nowt. Over-rated. :panic:

I meant "1-0" "and an even", but I type too quickly. ;)

But even 0-0, looking at the post-game coverage we played THE BEST GAME EVER™. We didn't.

We started ok, took our foot off the pedal, they were getting back into it, and then we got a lucky goal and then the sending off.

It was one of the best performances in a long while, but could have easily been another disaster (what did the BBC say? I only watched it live and went to bed).

Or do you think the goal wasn't lucky and that England had the match won all along?

But even 0-0, looking at the post-game coverage we played THE BEST GAME EVER™. We didn't.

We started ok, took our foot off the pedal, they were getting back into it, and then we got a lucky goal and then the sending off.

It was one of the best performances in a long while, but could have easily been another disaster (what did the BBC say? I only watched it live and went to bed).

Or do you think the goal wasn't lucky and that England had the match won all along?

There was only one team going to win last night - Engurland, lucky goal or not.

There was only one team going to win last night - Engurland, lucky goal or not.

Hmm... did you watch the first half?

Feel free to disagree but did anyone else think the bloke's foot didn't touch John Terry for their goal (though probably a free-kick) and that he should be held up as the odious cheat he is for claiming injury to the ref and going as far as to have "treatment" from the physio?

Feel free to disagree but did anyone else think the bloke's foot didn't touch John Terry for their goal (though probably a free-kick) and that he should be held up as the odious cheat he is for claiming injury to the ref and going as far as to have "treatment" from the physio?

It was very hard to see (even on slow-mo replays), but I suspect you may be right. Then again it might well have made contact, either way it was about as high as is humanly possible. ;)

The "high foot" was dangerous but certainly from the camera angle I saw no contact. Then again he gets away with murder far too often.

Yes he did fall down without being touched it was however a free kick without question, and to a certain extent we should be proud of our stern upper lip fair play ethos we've had for 100 years. Apart from the British and Irish countries, they're all fucking cheats, there was no cheating (or very little) before the foreign influx in the 90s, so I think by not cheating because of our attitude we're at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked. Play the foreign cunts at their own game that's what I say.

Yes he did fall down without being touched it was however a free kick without question, and to a certain extent we should be proud of our stern upper lip fair play ethos we've had for 100 years. Apart from the British and Irish countries, they're all fucking cheats, there was no cheating (or very little) before the foreign influx in the 90s, so I think by not cheating because of our attitude we're at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked. Play the foreign cunts at their own game that's what I say.

Your arse must knack from sitting on the fence all the time Stevie.

You're a mug if you don't play them at their own game. Sad but true.

Just watching the game again on Setanta.

21 minutes gone and Chris Waddles says England are tired. What a load of absolute horseshite.

Waddle's South Tyneside schooling clearly didn't do much good. He said peLaNty 5 times in 60 seconds, he said it so much I was thinking he was doing it to wind the viewers up.

Just watching the game again on Setanta.

21 minutes gone and Chris Waddles says England are tired. What a load of absolute horseshite.

He completely changes his tune between the 1st and 2nd halves, that is re-writes what he said in the 1st half. ;)

Eventually saw the highlights last night. The Kovac sending-off was very harsh imo and changed the game. You need a bit of luck sometimes though. It was a definite foul on Terry leading to their goal though. How is that not dangerous play? We played some class stuff I thought and a 4-4-2 like that with two wide men and Rooney in the hole is the sort of side most England fans would have liked to have seen for ages. The return to form of Heskey makes the system possible too though as you need that sort of forward imo to get the best out of Rooney (our best player). Also think that it should now be either Lampard or Gerrard alongside a holding player. Finally Jenas still managed to be fairly anonymous even when England were running Croatia ragged with an extra man.