Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was not that he wasn't advised, it was that you can't have a go at him for lying, when he didn't...

Allardyce. Ashley. Roeder. Souness???

You love to back our winners don't you Dave?

I didn't back Souness or Roeder. :ph34r:

I was prepared to give Allardyce more time than others, this is true, but I'm not sad he's gone.... I guess I'm just more patient than some other people.

I think Ashley wanted the best for Newcastle but tried to jam two pegs into one hole, yet again the knuckle draggers have howled and thrown poo until they get the revolution regardless of the consequences.

I maintain that if Ashley hadn't hired Keegan there would not have been the brouhaha and if Ashley had employed Keegan and not Wise et al there wouldn't have been the problem either.

He made errors with personnel.

But lets not let let reality get in the way of a good rant.

Pretty sure it was widely reported in the press he stayed away / was staying away on Saturday on the advice of the polis. Obviously that doesn't mean he was or even said he was.

I can't find a quote (no fucking surprise) about police saying anything. To be fair if I was a copper and he had asked "is it safe for me to go" I'd say no, if for no other reason than to cover my own back in case some mentalist decided he'd go for Ashley on a whim.

My point was not that he wasn't advised, it was that you can't have a go at him for lying, when he didn't...

Allardyce. Ashley. Roeder. Souness???

You love to back our winners don't you Dave?

I didn't back Souness or Roeder. :ph34r:

I was prepared to give Allardyce more time than others, this is true, but I'm not sad he's gone.... I guess I'm just more patient than some other people.

I think Ashley wanted the best for Newcastle but tried to jam two pegs into one hole, yet again the knuckle draggers have howled and thrown poo until they get the revolution regardless of the consequences.

I maintain that if Ashley hadn't hired Keegan there would not have been the brouhaha and if Ashley had employed Keegan and not Wise et al there wouldn't have been the problem either.

He made errors with personnel.

But lets not let let reality get in the way of a good rant.

Its about more than just the errors in personnel though Dave.

Don't get me wrong I think he is getting an increased amount of flak due to the last half a dozen seasons or so however the blatant fucking lies and treating us the paying customers like mugs is getting many peoples back up over and above the KK fiasco.

After having paid for my season ticket for the next three years along with thousands more supporters I think we have reason to question what is actually going on at the club.

Exactly.

Who here was unhappy with the situation before the Milner sale?

Exactly.

Who here was unhappy with the situation before the Milner sale?

Aye, that was because despite all the media reports we believed that the system was working when clearly it wasn't, had we known what was going on behind the scenes then I doubt whether too many of us would have been happy.

Aye, that was because despite all the media reports we believed that the system was working when clearly it wasn't, had we known what was going on behind the scenes then I doubt whether too many of us would have been happy.

Aye, good point!

Ashley got it so right by employing the one man that pretty much EVERY nufc fan trusted then it got it so wrong by treating him like shite.

Ashley got it so right by employing the one man that pretty much EVERY nufc fan trusted then it got it so wrong by employing the one man that pretty much EVERY nufc fan hated!

I can't find a quote (no fucking surprise) about police saying anything. To be fair if I was a copper and he had asked "is it safe for me to go" I'd say no, if for no other reason than to cover my own back in case some mentalist decided he'd go for Ashley on a whim.

I think it stems from the statement he released where he said he'd been advised not to go. The papers jumped on this interpreting it as being on police advice. As Fop says it could have been anyone. Except Northumbria Police, it would appear.

I think the problems begin with the hiring and firing though. Put it this way. Say Ashley hired.... Jonah Lomu as the DoF, Jonah and Keegler get on fine, Jonah submits suggestions, Keegler signs off on them and it's all happy days. Meredith Brook is Director, not Llambias, and wile she's a bitch, she's also sinner and a saint... so that's nice.

so everyone is happy at Camp St James', there's no press release about who's hiring players, there's no retort, there's no war of words. None of this happens if Ashley had hired the right people behind the scenes. Similarly, if the manager had been someone content to be a first team coach, or someone used to that system, there wouldn't have been any of the problems either.

See all the things you say are what's wrong with Ashley, have only appeared or been made apparent after the fall out of the Wise/Llambias - Keegan collision.

See all the things you say are what's wrong with Ashley, have only appeared or been made apparent after the fall out of the Wise/Llambias - Keegan collision.

Talking about good rants, you'd have to consider not only has Ashley got everything wrong regarding the hiring and firing of KK but the simple fact he's tried it on with the fans of a club that has been patient and more forgiving of false dawns, than probably any other club in the world. (I can't think of another club the size of ours that has had half the disappointments we've had in the last 50 years?)

If you really wanted to offer up hope and then snatch it away, all the while claiming to be the victim, how fucking stupid do you have to be to try that with toon fans.

From the debarcle post the fairs cup win, the sale of our best players at the peak of the career in the 70/80s, McKeag & co, relegation(s), KK going the first time, the shite appointments since, FS and DH hand in the pocket of NUFC, the treatment of SBR, keeping our powder dry when it was obvious to all we needed two or three more just to go that extra bit and no trophies for 35 years, no domestic success for over 50!

Yeah, I can see the logic in why one would try the patience of the newcastle fans. Why Ashley would let the three stooges run our club and then expecting us to lube up our own arses so we can take it bending over!

Business plan?

If he was smart enough to have one we wouldn't be where we are now.

It's more likely the man's arrogance inspired him to buy a club so he could show the world that a football club could be run like one of his charva clothing brands. On the fucking cheap.

Edited by sammynb

It's more likely the man's arrogance inspired him to buy a club so he could show the world that a football club could be run like one of his charva clothing brands. On the fucking cheap.

:ph34r:

Anyone can take something that has some heritage and take it downmarket, making a lot of money in the short term. Once it's wrecked though the perpetrators are away in the night thinking they've done something worthwhile. I hate it.

Rate it!

6 votes Transfers - Gossip Shop: Any takers?

Eurosport - Tue, 16 Sep 14:09:00 2008

Football club for sale: One lardy owner; comes complete with eight million enraged supporters, a level of expectancy that seriously outweighs potential and leg-breaker Danny Guthrie - any takers?

More StoriesCity deny Ronaldo claims

Ashley puts Newcastle up for sale

No, thought not. And that's exactly what Birmingham co-owner David Sullivan has been telling Mike Ashley after he put Newcastle up for auction on Craigslist, Gumtree and Ebay simultaneously. Highest bid so far - 50p and a 1981 Panini sticker album, minus Kevin Keegan naturally.

"The demands of the club can have a wearing effect," said Sullivan, who labelled Ashley "naïve" in one sentence, and gave his full support in the next.

This club is a "shambles" said an unidentified Newcastle player to the Daily Mirror, although who's to say he wasn't Michael Owen, and who's to say he wasn't talking about the Toon's back four following their 2-1 defeat at home to Premier League behemoths Hull.

Anyway, having downed a couple of non-alcoholic pints for breakfast, Ashley flew out to "the Middle East" (sounds like a RyanAir destination) yesterday in an attempt to flog the club to "a Sheik or summat" (paraphrased).

Presumably armed with a highlights reel of the Toon's 5-0 mauling of Manchester United in 1996, played to a soundtrack of Ant and Dec's seminal classic "Stepping Stone", the popular Ashley doorstepped his way around Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Iran, Kuwait, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

"Hello I'm Mike Ashley, and have I got a deal for you," his pitch reportedly began. "All you have to do is take on 10s of millions of pounds in debt and in return you'll get the fame and respect that comes with being the owner of a football club in the biggest league of them all."

"Aren't you the Cockney W***er?" one replied.

Staying with Newcastle, and the news that Craig Fagan's leg was broken by Guthrie's appalling "tackle" on Saturday. The one beneficiary of this is of course Joey 'nine lives' Barton, who will not only rise to a career-high second most-hated player at St James' Park, but now has a team-mate with whom he can identify.

"It was totally out of character," said Guthrie, before kicking a labrador puppy out of his way (not true).

This just about sums up what the football world thinks of us a total fucked up nightmare

I think the problems begin with the hiring and firing though. Put it this way. Say Ashley hired.... Jonah Lomu as the DoF, Jonah and Keegler get on fine, Jonah submits suggestions, Keegler signs off on them and it's all happy days. Meredith Brook is Director, not Llambias, and wile she's a bitch, she's also sinner and a saint... so that's nice.

so everyone is happy at Camp St James', there's no press release about who's hiring players, there's no retort, there's no war of words. None of this happens if Ashley had hired the right people behind the scenes. Similarly, if the manager had been someone content to be a first team coach, or someone used to that system, there wouldn't have been any of the problems either.

Isn't it more about being told there are plenty of money for transfers, when there all of a sudden weren't?

Isn't it more about being told, that Keegan had the final saying on every player going in and out, when he clearly hadn't?

Isn't it really about depleting and all ready thin squad, when being told that 4-5 more bodies would come in?

And when they finally managed to piss Keegan of enough to leave, didn't people just finally had enough?

For me, sitting comfortably far away, it's about the fact that what was being said, now isn't true.

Isn't it more about being told there are plenty of money for transfers, when there all of a sudden weren't?

Isn't it more about being told, that Keegan had the final saying on every player going in and out, when he clearly hadn't?

Isn't it really about depleting and all ready thin squad, when being told that 4-5 more bodies would come in?

And when they finally managed to piss Keegan of enough to leave, didn't people just finally had enough?

For me, sitting comfortably far away, it's about the fact that what was being said, now isn't true.

Basically, aye. I think Mort's role is probably being overplayed a bit as well as he was only ever going to be here to oversee the new set-up being put in place.

And Jonah Lomu btw? Wtf? :ph34r: