Comment made to me lately

LeazesMag

Watching football is an expensive obsession. Will you ever give it up. When you do, you will realise that is what is has now become.

I feel like that and I'm only 23 ffs. The game has sold it's soul to the highest bidder.

It depends how football goes - the bubble will soon burst and the billionaires will disappear.

I think it could become cyclical but when we do eventually get back to reasonable wages and prices I can imagine a lot of the crowd will become disillusioned and will no longer turn up.

Watching football is an expensive obsession. Will you ever give it up. When you do, you will realise that is what is has now become.

I feel like that and I'm only 23 ffs. The game has sold it's soul to the highest bidder.

oh, I see what you meant now :snakehips:

I remember having discussions about the cost of football with a 50-odd year old passionate Man U supporter, about, ooh, must be 15 years ago. He was adamant that he would not go to see another game, despite following MUFC all over the place for years. If only we could have foresaw this current state of affairs!!!!!

oh, I see what you meant now :rolleyes:

That made no sense to me until I saw you had read my post over on N-O. :snakehips:

I'm going to the next two games but after that I'll be missing 3 home games and will probably only go to Sunderland in the next 6 or 7 weeks.

I'm thinking of checking out non-league football to see what its like.

I'd pretty much lost my love of football before KK came back - I'm now clinging to the hope a sale can happen and he can come back - if we muddle on and get O'Leary I think it could be a death knell - I'll certainly be cancelling the ST DD before February if it looks as bleak as it does now.

oh, I see what you meant now :rolleyes:

That made no sense to me until I saw you had read my post over on N-O. :snakehips:

same here

My appetite for football has never been smaller than it is now.

I feel the same.

Me and about half a dozen mates (who were regular home/away/abroad) have all stopped going over the last 4 seasons - because of the general mis-management of the club. To a man, none of us miss it - apart from the European jaunts that is.

What with Monday and Wednesday night games and being away next Saturday I don't think I'm at a home game until mid-November and apart from missing the crayke, I'm not really bothered.

I live in Dublin, I used to be able to fly over for a handful of games each season, and get a couple of corporate trips to away games at OT and Anfield.

With a new house and a nipper on the way, coupled with the state of the club I'm finding it very hard to book trips over. It gets very difficult booking flights/hotels when fixtures get changed by Sky/Setanta so often. I've lost hundreds due to this.

I'm booked up for the Wigan home game, and bringing 7 non-NUFC supporting mates over for the game and taking in a gig(the Black Keys) the night before. I'm probably going to have to make do with that sort of thing whenever I can.

I was on holidays when KK left the club and the missus couldn't believe how much it dampened my mood over there. Fucking ridiculous to be honest. I try to take a step back, but I'm still on this board and .com every day. I'm sure I'm like everyone else who can have a Saturday night ruined by watching us take a bad beating.

The most depressing thing about this current farce is with Keegan I was starting to feel how I used to again. I felt like it was my/our club again. To be honest getting older and living on the south coast had already taken its toll, so I was already seeing much fewer games than I used to, but over the last six months I had started feeling the old passion. I dont know if I wll ever get it back now

Bringing Keegan back was proof there was still room for sentiment and romance in football. And the way he has been treated by Ashley and his associates has been absolutely shocking, he deserved much more. The day when business wins over a true footballing man like Keegan is everything what is wrong with the game at the moment.

Bringing Keegan back was proof there was still room for sentiment and romance in football. And the way he has been treated by Ashley and his associates has been absolutely shocking, he deserved much more. The day when business wins over a true footballing man like Keegan is everything what is wrong with the game at the moment.

:snakehips:

Not only was it sentiment and romance but it was showing signs of actually being a good footballing decision, though I'm beginning to think that that was more through luck than judgement on the board's behalf.

Edited by ewerk