Danny B- racist and homophobic

triggy99

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair Jenas does look like (and probably is) a right mincer so I'm happy for him to get abused about it. Mido does look a tad like Richard Read and Sol Campbell is a big black mentalist who's had rumours about him being a chuffer for ages. The songs being chanted weren't lyrical masterpieces but it's all done for a laugh anyways, if it offends a handful of people then they should get a thicker skin, bunch of pansy whinge-arses need to get a life and worry about more important things in life. :lol:

If someone was paying me £60k a week I wouldn't really be fussed about a few songs - unless they were racist or something.

That's what people say but I'm not so sure it works like that. The fact is that not every footballer has to take the same levels of abuse. Racist or homophobic chants aren't fair game anymore. Wishing cancer on someones kids or illness on them is a bit more than just being called a twat (which is fair enough).

Putting aside the song the implication anything is ok so long as it's not racist is ridiculous.

Well I wasn't advocating anything - just saying it isn't the worst thing in the world.

I haven't heard any songs ''Wishing cancer upon families'' therefore I didn't reference any.

I wouldn't care but Tom's white.

Then he's DEFINITELY racist!! :lol:

Joking aside, the one thing he'd have a problem with is the one thing he's probably never been subjected to. You couldn't make it up.

So now a person isn't allowed to disagree with something they haven't been subjected to?

unless they were racist or something.

In the context of that sentence the bold obviously extends on the theme of something disagreeable or bad. Therefore it could really be anything - outside the usual banter.

Which is what I was highlighting.

So now a person isn't allowed to disagree with something they haven't been subjected to?

In the context of that sentence the bold obviously extends on the theme of something disagreeable or bad. Therefore it could really be anything - outside the usual banter.

Ah right, so what you were actually saying was you wouldn't be bothered by any songs unless they had content that bothered you? :lol:

Ah right, so what you were actually saying was you wouldn't be bothered by any songs unless they had content that bothered you? :lol:

Well I meant content outside of the normal banter.

Not just carrying on - really cruel stuff.

:)

I can't really work out why singing homophobic songs is ok and singing racist ones isn't, because the former is just as bad, morally, yet it's far more socially accpetable I'd say. As far as I can tell the main difference is that the people singing the songs don't subconsciously worry about being black.

I am old enough to remember the "get the monkey of the pitch chants" would Danny find that a step too far if directed at Cambell, because to me the lynching reference in the song is pretty much the same sentiment

It is a reference to the way Judas took his own life after the betrayal of Christ.

No place for r@cism in football.

Any chant based on something the individual can't control (race, sexuality, nationality etc) is out of order as far as I'm concerned. Dismissing it as 'banter' is essentially saying that racism, homophobia etc is socially acceptable.

Why can't the Spurs fans sing about him being a judas and leave it at that without bringing his sexuality and race into it?

As an aside, I don't see the problem with a player leaving at the end of his contract, that is the whole point of a contract after all. Players get pelters when they leave midway through their contract for not being loyal and pelters for leaving when their contract runs out also. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. That said, I understand that Campbell may have handled it badly and hence many perceive him to be a judas and therefore are entitled to sing about it as their perception of him as a judas is a consequence of some of his actions (ie. something he could control).

Anyway, just my opinion.

Edited by Billy Whitehurst

Its fair enough, if you signal that is your intention all along.

There were some interesting quotes from Sol himself read out on TS last night that he made before he left. He said he would never go there because he knew what would happen with the fans.

Also there was an offer on the table from Madrid that the club could have accepted but he gave the impression he was going to sign.

There has never been a case as bad as this and I doubt there ever will again.

I am old enough to remember the "get the monkey of the pitch chants" would Danny find that a step too far if directed at Cambell, because to me the lynching reference in the song is pretty much the same sentiment

It is a reference to the way Judas took his own life after the betrayal of Christ.

No place for r@cism in football.

Liar

Give over man :lol:

FACT.

Bullshit man. If you sing a song a black man about hanging from a tree don't be surprised if people think it's about lynching. I just did a quick check and one account of Judas' death has him hanging himself. No mention of a tree either.