NUSC

Jusoda Kid

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making.

Indeed... so they will withdraw their money making us an even less attractive proposition.

We're not an attractive proposition full stop. The price is too high and we have a shit squad. The club isn't worth anymore than 240m.

So why put us in a worse position simply because several people want things moving along more quickly?

This 'association' is supposed to be conveying the opinions of the fans who have shown an interest in joining. I can't speak for everyone else, but I for one have not been canvassed on anything. This gathering has great potential but this statement is an awful start.

I agree with Alex as well in that the most concerning aspect is that it would appear that the issues that have been raised in this thread have been dismissed outright by someone who would appear to be a part of the guys who are running the show. Not good... not good at all.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone familiar with this board will know that we love to disagree with pretty much everything here.

However - everyone wants a supporters club. Everyone agrees that its a great idea. (even me despite my concerns about the £10 fee).

These initial stages are crucial as to how future members will perceive the supporters club - not to mention the press and the football club itself so maybe the board of the club should slow down a bit and concentrate on setting up the voting system and attracting members.

At the moment they are more successful in pissing off the people whose support they want than Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making.

Indeed... so they will withdraw their money making us an even less attractive proposition.

We're not an attractive proposition full stop. The price is too high and we have a shit squad. The club isn't worth anymore than 240m.

So why put us in a worse position simply because several people want things moving along more quickly?

This 'association' is supposed to be conveying the opinions of the fans who have shown an interest in joining. I can't speak for everyone else, but I for one have not been canvassed on anything. This gathering has great potential but this statement is an awful start.

I agree with Alex as well in that the most concerning aspect is that it would appear that the issues that have been raised in this thread have been dismissed outright by someone who would appear to be a part of the guys who are running the show. Not good... not good at all.

Not disagreeing with anything you say as it is mostly sensible and valid. In an ideal world the members need to feel they have a say, but they also need to realise that this 'say' can only ever be in the broad strokes, it will be impossible to consult on every move or every strategy, that is where good leadership need to explain and move forward, without getting bogged down in heavy debate on every move. I have to disagree on the speed issue, the quicker Ashley is out the better.

Personally I'm resisting 'judging' the NUSC set up until they have found their feet...say 6 months.

Edited by Park Life

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

come on guys. wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're missing the point. The clarity of the posts before yours are cristel clear why they are miffed about this press release.

So; the point i am missing is that the press statement in some peoples opinion was mis guided; others think it was badly constructed and some say that it doesnt represent their own thoughts so they might take their ball home and not let anyone play with it.

perhaps NUSC should be an organisation that represents the cuckoo masses then, sitting back while the big bird shits in its nest; does everything democratically and "chatters while Rome burns" calls an agm in leazes park to save the expense of hiring a meeting room and sits back and takes Ashley at his word.

If we keep the pressure on and Ashley doesnt get a buyer (highly likely in the current climate) he might just have to come back and listen to us the fans; ask us to call off the dogs and work together with him until the situation settles down and the money markets and money people come genuinely to table.

far fetched perhaps but no more so than people running around trying to get consortiums together or pursuade football people to rally behind their half baked ideas to buy the club as is happening with the nigerians and south africans

While I realise you can't have a vote on everything you're basically going against what should be your most basic tenet, i.e. representing the fans. Congratulations on losing my support there, nice one.

That's the key issue - the people behind this are dishing out statements without consulting anyone?

How the hell do they know that's the majority opinion? <_<

“If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley-owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by adidas.”

There's nee way 2J is going to boycott Adidas gear <_<

I'm asking the people here from NUSC to read these next sentences slowly and carefully as they are meant well:

*We are all impressed with your initiative. We voiced concerns about the £10 fee because most of us don't know you. Trust is earned.

*We were reassured when you said that the money would be audited and that anything left would go to SBR's charity.

These are all things you've done right.

*However, there has been NO communication from NUSC to all of us who signed up.

*NUFC has been rightly criticised in the past for not talking to us, I'm surprised this isn't better. It doesn't have to be much. You could tell us if and when new polls are put up for example.

If you want to run this thing properly you'll have pretty much all of our support. I know we won't all be happy, but that doesn't mean we can't be consulted democratically. If you had a poll, then people could at least feel that the majority decision was being implemented, not just that of the people in charge.

I know you have a hard job, but I'm sure that you can see why people don't want to be told after the fact what the agenda of THEIR supporters club is.

Edited by Asprilla

Hi all, bloody hell that statement stirred up a hornets nest!!

Comments from all, disapproving or pat on the back are more than welcome, its only with this kind of feedback can the NUSC move forward. Could i just make a couple of points.

At the moment the NUSC does not claim to speak for the fans of Newcastle United, we couldnt possibly given the fledgling status of the group. The intention is to be in a position, at some point in the future, to speak for a large percentage. We can only do this by becoming a credible long term Newcastle United fans club.

We believe that there are two streams or courses of action needed at the moment. The NUSC was formed becasue of the grave situation at our club, we believe something needs to be done about it. Mike Ashley is a businessman, he buys and rapes sports brands, thats whta he does, talk to anyone in the sports brand and leisure industry and they will say the same thing. Though his decisions (no ones elses) we are in a perilous position, bottom three, poor thin squad which cant cope with 2 or 3 injuries to key players. That is why we believe we should keep the pressure on Ashley to sell, and not for a bloody huge profit either!!

The other course of action is getting the NUSC up and running, democratically and properly, with any member having a say and getting the feedback that you have not been getting up to now. This takes time, but i can assure you that there will be an extraordinary meeting arranged, in the future which will allow members to attend / vote on specific issues to do with the running of the organisation.

Once again i ask for your pateince, we are Newcastle United fans just like you, we are trying to make something happen here, i do beleive we can make the Nusc into a superb large memebrship based club which can have a voice with Newcastle United.

Many regards

Comments from all, disapproving or pat on the back are more than welcome, its only with this kind of feedback can the NUSC move forward. Could i just make a couple of points.

At the moment the NUSC does not claim to speak for the fans of Newcastle United, we couldnt possibly given the fledgling status of the group. The intention is to be in a position, at some point in the future, to speak for a large percentage. We can only do this by becoming a credible long term Newcastle United fans club.

We believe that there are two streams or courses of action needed at the moment. The NUSC was formed becasue of the grave situation at our club, we believe something needs to be done about it. Mike Ashley is a businessman, he buys and rapes sports brands, thats whta he does, talk to anyone in the sports brand and leisure industry and they will say the same thing. Though his decisions (no ones elses) we are in a perilous position, bottom three, poor thin squad which cant cope with 2 or 3 injuries to key players. That is why we believe we should keep the pressure on Ashley to sell, and not for a bloody huge profit either!!

The other course of action is getting the NUSC up and running, democratically and properly, with any member having a say and getting the feedback that you have not been getting up to now. This takes time, but i can assure you that there will be an extraordinary meeting arranged, in the future which will allow members to attend / vote on specific issues to do with the running of the organisation.

Once again i ask for your pateince, we are Newcastle United fans just like you, we are trying to make something happen here, i do beleive we can make the Nusc into a superb large memebrship based club which can have a voice with Newcastle United.

Many regards

A much better thought out response than the one that Stevietoon made earlier.

Yet you are speaking in the name of NUSC. You got people on board with the idea, but you already seem to quickly lose the support of a vast number of people. You're demanding patience of fans, yet have itchy feet to get points across via the public domain. At the moment you are not gaining long term credibility but losing it at gathering speed.

If some of the individuals representing NUSC at the moment want to make their feelings known then they should speak in their own name, but not using NUSC before it has been properly founded. They are undermining their own good cause.

Edited by Isegrim

Many regards

A much better thought out response than the one that Stevietoon made earlier.

<_<

Yet you are speaking in the name of NUSC. You got people on board with the idea, but you already seem to quickly lose the support of a vast number of people. You're demanding patience of fans, yet have itchy feet to get points across via the public domain. At the moment you are not gaining long term credibility but losing it at gathering speed.

If some of the individuals representing NUSC at the moment want to make their feelings known then they should speak in their own name, but not using NUSC before it has been properly founded. They are undermining their own good cause.

<_<

Oh dear.

I was hoping the NUSC would be a more moderate group with the best interests of the club at heart however that benefits any individual or not.

They show a willingness for discourse with any potential buyers (are they aware of the non-disclosure agreements - I don't see how that would work, are the commitee just trying to get the timewasters more coverage?) but not with Ashley. If the club is not sold, are we as fans going to punish the whole club for our personal grievances, or are we going to try and make the best of it and approach whoever is in power with constructive ideas for moving forward?

Oh dear.

I was hoping the NUSC would be a more moderate group with the best interests of the club at heart however that benefits any individual or not.

They show a willingness for discourse with any potential buyers (are they aware of the non-disclosure agreements - I don't see how that would work, are the commitee just trying to get the timewasters more coverage?) but not with Ashley. If the club is not sold, are we as fans going to punish the whole club for our personal grievances, or are we going to try and make the best of it and approach whoever is in power with constructive ideas for moving forward?

That's an interesting take, but as the NUSC seems primarily concerned with Ashley leaving at all costs I doubt they will be prepared to even contemplate entering a debate with Ashley's people. Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

If the club isn't sold, in my view it would be constructive for the NUSC to open a sensible dialogue with the current owners. If only to air complaints.

Oh dear.

That's an interesting take, but as the NUSC seems primarily concerned with Ashley leaving at all costs I doubt they will be prepared to even contemplate entering a debate with Ashley's people. Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

If the club isn't sold, in my view it would be constructive for the NUSC to open a sensible dialogue with the current owners. If only to air complaints.

Weren't the original statements that the NUSC was being set up as a long term voice of the fans rather than a petulant knee-jerk against those in power.

If those currently in power end up here long term, is the intention to tear the club apart?

EDIT: Sorry, I realise I just agreed and repeated there. <_<

Edited by Happy Face

Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

To be unfair Parky's only interest in the club is as a tv soap opera.

I don't know if Parky's on drugs, but if he isn't he should seriously consider giving them a try.

The NUSC should maybe leave the Ashley business to one side while a sale could possibly be going through. I doubt it's a smokescreen otherwise Ashley wouldn't have handed it over to Harris to oversee the sale which also leads me to believe that the club will have to be fairly priced eventually.

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

come on guys. wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for that, you've just stopped me wasting £10.

Don't know whether this is any use to NUSC as an organisation but as you know Liverpool supporters formed a union 'Spirit of Shankly' earlier this year, and have had some success, although it will take a lot more to rid ourselves of our Yanks.

This is the part that might be useful to you.

When a rep of the SOS come on to a site in an official capacity it's always under the user name of SpiritofShankly no matter what board or which rep is posting it. That way we know it's the unions view and not the reps personal view. Many of the reps also go on sites with their own personal views but using their own user name like peasepud does. That way we can always seperate the union view from the personal.

On the whole most Red fans are behind the union totally but we still have the same questions, hesitancy and differences that have been voiced in this thread, the best way, imo, is to be patient and wait for your representitives to find their feet properly and lay down a charter for their aims and time frames, then make your judgement. If only a couple of their aims are what you want then it's worth a tenner to know that there is someone out there willing to represent your view officially, instead of you having to rant on an internet forum where the only answer you'll get is from like minded or unlike minded FANS.

Good Luck with NUSC, it's something all fans need in todays football money greedy climate.

If anyone is interested here's the Spirit of Shanklys aims, which I presume will be similar to your own final charter give or take a few differences. They still get chided for tardiness in letting members know what's going on and they even get called for not letting memebers know exactly what they're doing every minute even if it's at a moments notice. I.E..George Gillett asked for a meeting with them and some fans felt they should have been informed of this immediately no matter how short a notice the union had of the meeting.

Spirit of Shankly

Hopefully, as time goes on the union will become more organised and efficient and fans will be happy with their achievements.

Cheers for that, you've just stopped me wasting £10.

Keegan is laughing at you........ can you hear that? Yes, it's him laughing at you.......... ghost.gif

Edited by Fop