Andy Carroll

Sima

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, New Shola has clearly just been told by Kinnear to embrace his inner donkey and just be a big fucking nuisance up front. Looks like it's working - I thought he was man of the match last night tbh.

I still thought he was getting in everyone's way tbh...

Duff was MOTM for me.

Duff really looked like a totally different player. He was actually getting past players, showed good ball control. Shame about his lack of composure after Ameobi's sublime through ball.

Other than that I am not too pleased with Ameobi's performance. Granted he worked really hard and scored. But he still looked like totally lacking any sort of football brain with no real awareness of where to be and what to do. He was just chasing the ball and trying to battle for it. From a top league footballer I do expect a bit more tbh.

if ameobi could play like that every game i would be more than happy because we all know ameobi, smith and carrol are shit and i think xisco will also be going into that category so a performance like ameobis last night is a bonus for us because it is the best we can hope for.

I thought SMO would have been on, seems not.

He texted me the other night (Tuesday) to say he was in adventure land and was talking to Given. Said he wasn't giving much away but what he did say was Carroll was nearly crying in the changing room the other night after getting grief off some NUFC fans, said he was gutted about it so maybe he'll take it on board.

Reading between the lines, the kid is a charva. He's been born and raised in deepest Gateshead, and one of the main reasons Alan Irvine thought he was shit at Preston was because he was on the piss all the time and too many bad external influences. He needs to sort it out.

You could say the exact same thing about Gazza.

Not comparing Carroll to Gazza <_<

Gazza could've been part of the Camorra mafia family, going whacking people at the age of 10, and these external influences wouldn't have stopped him being a world class footballer....that's the difference.

Those in bold all relate to Gazza.

Your argument is shit mate, you cant say some one is shit at football because they are on the piss or because of their background.

No but you can say someone is shit because they have little or no ability. I offered Irvine's reason for him being shit.

The kids only 19, no one has obviously seen the last of him or him performing to the best of his abilities. You can't judge a 19 year old based on what you have seen of him in a game that he came on with 10 minutes to go or because of a loan spell.

Am not saying that he done well last night, in my honest opinion he was fucking shit when he came on, am just sticking up for him because I don't think people need to start threads and start posting shit saying he should never put on a Toon top again because that is just harsh.

cant you? I would have thought the two have a clear and direct relationship, more beer less pace, skill and sense.

Im pretty sure if Carroll hadnt been a local lad he wouldnt have anyone defending him, expect a rash of "I have black n white striped shites and piss Broon Ale (which is quite probable from the sound of things) headlines in the Ronnie over the next few weeks.

Hes out of his depth and should count himself extremely lucky if a Championship side even consider putting a bid in.

Reading between the lines, the kid is a charva. He's been born and raised in deepest Gateshead, and one of the main reasons Alan Irvine thought he was shit at Preston was because he was on the piss all the time and too many bad external influences. He needs to sort it out.

You could say the exact same thing about Gazza.

Not comparing Carroll to Gazza <_<

Gazza could've been part of the Camorra mafia family, going whacking people at the age of 10, and these external influences wouldn't have stopped him being a world class footballer....that's the difference.

Those in bold all relate to Gazza.

Your argument is shit mate, you cant say some one is shit at football because they are on the piss or because of their background.

No but you can say someone is shit because they have little or no ability. I offered Irvine's reason for him being shit.

The kids only 19, no one has obviously seen the last of him or him performing to the best of his abilities. You can't judge a 19 year old based on what you have seen of him in a game that he came on with 10 minutes to go or because of a loan spell.

Am not saying that he done well last night, in my honest opinion he was fucking shit when he came on, am just sticking up for him because I don't think people need to start threads and start posting shit saying he should never put on a Toon top again because that is just harsh.

cant you? I would have thought the two have a clear and direct relationship, more beer less pace, skill and sense.

Im pretty sure if Carroll hadnt been a local lad he wouldnt have anyone defending him, expect a rash of "I have black n white striped shites and piss Broon Ale (which is quite probable from the sound of things) headlines in the Ronnie over the next few weeks.

Hes out of his depth and should count himself extremely lucky if a Championship side even consider putting a bid in.

100% agree peasepud, compare this so-called athelete with some of the same age or even less at Arsenal, Age is irrelevant, Age does not make you an athelete or even a footballer. Theo Wallcott is 19, Jack Wilshere is 16, Nicklas Bendtner is 20. We can all pick players of a similar age but the plain simple fact on Monday night Andy Carroll looked as though he could not give a shit or that he did not want to be on the pitch. How good he really is, I do not know, but what little I have seen of him I am not impressed. No room for guys like this. If he was one of my work colleagues I'd want him off my team.

• 2 years later...
Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
This thread is an utter embarrassment and I'm surprised people are obliging Sima when he feels the need to post such shite.

He's right though. I mean he's surely deserving of a dozen more chances, but the jury isn't so much out as on their way back through the door with angry looks on their faces.

Just goes to show ANYONE can get it wrong.

This thread is an utter embarrassment and I'm surprised people are obliging Sima when he feels the need to post such shite.

He's right though. I mean he's surely deserving of a dozen more chances, but the jury isn't so much out as on their way back through the door with angry looks on their faces.

Just goes to show ANYONE can get it wrong.

There's a verdict in Scottish law of "Not Proven" (not guilty but not connvincingly innocent either - as in there's doubt)

Lets not forget Carroll is out injured from getting pissed up (again) we still don't know which way that pendulum will swing.

Bit harsh to judge him when we're on the back foot against a Man City team with an extra player, especially considering he was up front alone, isn't a regular and is still only 19...

:lol:

Look, I hardly saw him (AC) last season, but from what I did see of him compared to what I've seen this season the dramatic change is his physique. He's gone from a Gemmill-like (frail, pasty, weak, sickly-looking individual) bod, to a Snakehips-like (muscular, strong, manly, toned, beast-like) physique. Yeah, the kid was tall and fairly well built, but unless I'm seeing things the guy has put on a heck of amount of muscle. He's obviously worked hard in the gym during the close season. This may have improved his game in respects of bossing central defenders, but it could also lead to more niggling muscle injuries like we're seeing now.

No idea if this has been said in any of the other 30 Carroll threads but has anyone else heard rumblings that the £35m is payable in instalments?

No idea if this has been said in any of the other 30 Carroll threads but has anyone else heard rumblings that the £35m is payable in instalments?

I'd be shocked if it wasn't. It's probably over several years, with a small portion being target related.

lets face it , two seasons ago nobody woulda dreamed recnt events , wasnt so long ago i had more hope for ranger , then andys form picked up and he started scoring consistently and grafting alot more on the pitch .

my point , 35 mill , yes please .

Lets not forget Carroll is out injured from getting pissed up (again) we still don't know which way that pendulum will swing.

“I don’t mind a pint now and again but that is the way I have been brought up; that’s who I am and I’m not really going to change"

Doesn't look like he's learnt too much to me.