Wise on his way ?

Jimbo

Dennis Wise's fragile hold on his position as part of the Newcastle United hierarchy is close to breaking point.

With Joe Kinnear's role extended from interim boss on a monthly deal to manager until the end of the season, as first revealed in Sportsmail five weeks ago, Wise, the executive director (football), looks likely to go in the near future.

The irony will not be lost on Kevin Keegan, who quit in September claiming he had little control over team affairs, a responsibility that at the time was shared by Wise and chief scout Tony Jimenez.

Multi-millionaire property dealer Jimenez left shortly after owner Mike Ashley and chairman Derek Llambias failed to turn up for a meeting with prospective Arab buyers which Jimenez had arranged in Dubai.

With no other potential purchasers on the horizon, Ashley will stay in control for the foreseeable future.

I'm getting to the point now where any vendetta I have against Ashley is on the back burner. He doesn't want us to go down and we, as fans, certainly don't want us to go down. Stick this season out and then keep our fingers crossed he sells up.

I'm getting to the point now where any vendetta I have against Ashley is on the back burner. He doesn't want us to go down and we, as fans, certainly don't want us to go down. Stick this season out and then keep our fingers crossed he sells up.

I agree he doesnt want us to go down but where the hell do you get that hes showing that????

I agree he doesnt want us to go down but where the hell do you get that hes showing that????

I don't get what you mean. I never said he was showing that he didn't want us to go down.

I'm talking from a purely logical point of view. If he wants to sell the club for the amount he's been whoring it about for then there is no way us going down makes sense fiscally.

If Wise goes, a Mort type of chairman (ie one who talks to us) returns and a decent manager is appointed who is backed in the transfer market, then Ashley can stay until he's an old man as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get what you mean. I never said he was showing that he didn't want us to go down.

I'm talking from a purely logical point of view. If he wants to sell the club for the amount he's been whoring it about for then there is no way us going down makes sense fiscally.

I am too, hes not done anything since the day he said he was selling to make this club a saleable asset. Not even any kind of statement to show for it. It doesnt make financial sense but like Ive said in other threads I dont believe he actually believes it can happen and therefore will do nothing to counter its possibility.

I would agree with the opinion that he's just letting the club chart its own course and letting fate deal its own hand. If theres no money for transfers (why would he want to put his hand in his pocket for something he is trying to sell), then he'll just see if he can recoup some elsewhere. I think he lost interest before KK went as there were noises in the press that he was selling despite him coming out and saying he wasnt.

If Wise goes, a Mort type of chairman (ie one who talks to us) returns and a decent manager is appointed who is backed in the transfer market, then Ashley can stay until he's an old man as far as I'm concerned.

That's how I feel, problem is it's all a bit late for me, shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Why couldn't he have done all this when Keegan was here?It'd have saved so much grief. Sadly the trust is gone.

That's how I feel, problem is it's all a bit late for me, shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Why couldn't he have done all this when Keegan was here?It'd have saved so much grief. Sadly the trust is gone.

You're probably right. I just want to have some optimism about us again.

typical if they get rid of wise now

after losing the manager the vast majority of us were more than happy with...

That's the ultimate irony tbh...

What we'll end up with is Kinnear as boss who is totally in control of transfers. Disgrace tbh

Still not sure he paid those debts off tbh. :rolleyes:

Well I suppose we'll find out when we see the balance sheet at year end.

Im not sure we have a right to do we? its not a public company therefore (as far as Im aware) they dont need to make the books public.

Still not sure he paid those debts off tbh. :rolleyes:

Well I suppose we'll find out when we see the balance sheet at year end.

Im not sure we have a right to do we? its not a public company therefore (as far as Im aware) they dont need to make the books public.

As far as I know it's a limited company as so has to submit its accounts to Companies House and can then be viewed by members of the public (subject to a fee), I could be wrong but I think that's the case.