iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find iBomber even more adictive, it's like heroin or Jaffa cakes.

is there such a thing as RehApp?I need time away.

No, No, No,

But I love my Blaaaaake!

anyway,if we're on the Winehouse puns, rumour is you Wake Up Alone, so button it Piscis Piscis Puer :D

Not in my opinion, I've got 90% of all the music I wish to listen to on my iPhone anyway, is it worth £10 a month to listen to anything else that takes my fancy ? nope.

Harbour Master looked boring when I read about it, but you lot raved about it so I gave it a go....... it ranks with Jaffa Cakes in the addictive stakes.

Only had a couple of goes on iBomber so the jury is out as yet.

On a differet note - I picked up Mrs Paws white iPhone yesterday. I'm pleased I got the black one - I much prefer it.

I've been looking at the Satnav apps and by all accounts, the TomTom app gets mixed/bad reviews. At only £26, CoPilot is apparently the bollocks. Might be my next purchase from iTunes.

Anyone on here used either/both?

• 2 weeks later...
Orange announces UK iPhone deal

Orange has reached an agreement to sell Apple's popular iPhone in the UK.

The deal ends an exclusive arrangement between UK network operate O2 and the Californian phone maker, which has been in place since 2007.

Orange said its customers would be able to buy the phone "later this year" but did not specify a date or pricing.

Orange now offers the popular handset - of which more than 25 million have been sold worldwide - in 28 countries and territories.

Orange recently revealed plans to merge its UK network with Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile to create a business with 28.4 million customers.

If given the go-ahead, it would be the UK's largest provider, overtaking Telefonica's O2, with about 37% of the mobile market.

Orange are quite simply fucking horrific to deal with. Only had broadband with them and any time there was a problem (often) get put through to a shit call centre in mombai where no fucker really understands or is able to help.

I thought the Orange Call Centre was in North Tyneside :)

Whey aye, on a standard 18 month contract I can get a whopping 75 mins and 125 texts for only £30 a month! Plus £280 for the handset. Bargaintastic

Or I can get a free Blackberry with Orange with unlimited texts and 400 mins for £19 a month :)

Whey aye, on a standard 18 month contract I can get a whopping 75 mins and 125 texts for only £30 a month! Plus £280 for the handset. Bargaintastic

Or I can get a free Blackberry with Orange with unlimited texts and 400 mins for £19 a month :)

I'm paying £35 a month and get 500 minutes, 600 texts and unlimited data... don't come close to my limits as I use Skype and emails. The few times I've had to call O2 for general enquiries or to change my billing details they've been courteous, efficient and compotent.

When Iw as with Orange I'd be passed from pillar to post, by staff who couldn't give a shit and who didn't know what they were talking about. Ended up cancelling the contract and just getting a cheap pay-as-you-go phone instead because the hassle with their contract stuff wasn't worth it.

Never had a problem with O2 and had nothing but issues with Orange. Great as a new customer, but awful from then on in.

Totally agree. My work's phone is from Orange and I've had nowt but problems with them over a 6 year period.

I've been with O2 now on a personal phone for 5 years. Not an ounce of problems. Also I'm on a £30/month tarrif which gives 400 anytime mins, 1000 texts and unlimited O2 to O2 calls.

Given that my lass (who is the only person I really call) is also on O2 - it's a no-brainer for me...

Orange are quite simply fucking horrific to deal with. Only had broadband with them and any time there was a problem (often) get put through to a shit call centre in mombai where no fucker really understands or is able to help.

I thought the Orange Call Centre was in North Tyneside :)

My company also does outsourcing work for them at our Middlesbrough site.

Im not sure what problems people are having with Orange? Ive been with them for about 7 years and never had any bother. If my phone broke I took it to the shop and they fixed it. My bills were always right and always came out on the same day. Network Coverage is great. I dont think Ive ever had any need to ring up the call centre!?

Im not sure what problems people are having with Orange? Ive been with them for about 7 years and never had any bother. If my phone broke I took it to the shop and they fixed it. My bills were always right and always came out on the same day. Network Coverage is great. I dont think Ive ever had any need to ring up the call centre!?

Don't doubt you on this, but I'd say you are among the lucky ones, rather than representative of the mainstream.

Just the way you like it :):D

Never had a problem with O2 and had nothing but issues with Orange. Great as a new customer, but awful from then on in.

Totally agree. My work's phone is from Orange and I've had nowt but problems with them over a 6 year period.

I've been with O2 now on a personal phone for 5 years. Not an ounce of problems. Also I'm on a £30/month tarrif which gives 400 anytime mins, 1000 texts and unlimited O2 to O2 calls.

Given that my lass (who is the only person I really call) is also on O2 - it's a no-brainer for me...

Similar situation for me too. I sorted mine and Lisa's through a business contract for £50/mth (combined) plus VAT. Unlimited calls to each other. Free O2 to O2 calls and my folks, brother, his fiance, lisa's folks are all on O2. Plus the 10 free landlines means I have other people covered too. On top of that I have 700mins and 450 txts (shared to be fair) for anything outside the above.

They seem nice to deal with too.

I'm now getting tempted by their broadband, which by all accounts is pretty good. I'm currently with Be Internet (who are now owned by O2) but as an O2 customer, you get their broadband fro 1/2 price. Less than £10/mth for unlimited, up to 20mb access.