Toon Vs Liverpool

Venom

When Attain is older and he's seen us get our arses tickled a few more times, he'll be more likely to laugh at the sheer fucking circus we are.

Also, you can swear on the internet, your mum won't read it.

Precisely. :unsure:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Attain has got to be the dumbest poster on this board. Not to lash out or anything but you come across thicker than mince sometimes.

I am sorry if you are prepared to laugh at a scoreline of 5 fkn 1, but I am not. It is shocking and unlike you I am thinking ahead. This is not only a loss but a catalyst for further losses, demoralised team.

What else is there to do but laugh? Did you just watch the same game as me? It could have been 10!

If you have any sense you'll write this game off because we were never going to get anything out of it and start looking ahead to our next league game which is a winnable one at home to West Ham.

:unsure:

We got a point from Chelsea (A) and Man. U (A).

Can you remember our line up's from those games, and the state of manu's especially

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_fa...3023065,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_fa...3003873,00.html

I agree but hope never goes a miss. :icon_lol:

And Attain has got to be the dumbest poster on this board. Not to lash out or anything but you come across thicker than mince sometimes.

I am sorry if you are prepared to laugh at a scoreline of 5 fkn 1, but I am not. It is shocking and unlike you I am thinking ahead. This is not only a loss but a catalyst for further losses, demoralised team.

What else is there to do but laugh? Did you just watch the same game as me? It could have been 10!

If you have any sense you'll write this game off because we were never going to get anything out of it and start looking ahead to our next league game which is a winnable one at home to West Ham.

Write the game off before it starts, feck off. If people adopted your philosophy the so called 'untouchables' will all be around 90points a season.

AND DO YOU FKN don't understand, the 5-1 probably means we are too demoralised to turn up against West Ham either.

No wonder the team do not seem to be interested.

No, since the team aren't borderline monkeys like you, they'll know we were always going to get pummelled by the league leaders considering the depleted state of our team.

And yes, we did write off the Chelsea and Man U games and got points from them - but think about the games we believe are nailed on wins that turn out to be dropped points and it evens out.

Write the game off before it starts, feck off. If people adopted your philosophy the so called 'untouchables' will all be around 90points a season.

AND DO YOU FKN don't understand, the 5-1 probably means we are too demoralised to turn up against West Ham either.

No wonder the team do not seem to be interested.

No, since the team aren't borderline monkeys like you, they'll know we were always going to get pummelled by the league leaders considering the depleted state of our team.

And yes, we did write off the Chelsea and Man U games and got points from them - but think about the games we believe are nailed on wins that turn out to be dropped points and it evens out.

I respect your view and fair enough but my gut feeling is we will lose to West Ham as a direct consequence aswell, demoralised and an equally inept performance.

Btw, I wish I could jump like a monkey.

Edited by Attain

Not sure what was wrong with our starting XI like. All full internationals, all plenty of premiership experience, most have played in the champions league. So thats a shit excuse before people start

Exactly and when should you ever write a game off before it starts??

Not sure what was wrong with our starting XI like. All full internationals, all plenty of premiership experience, most have played in the champions league. So thats a shit excuse before people start

Taylor, Guthrie, Edgar, Enrique, N'Zogbia, Guthrie - none of these are full internationals. Edgar is a reserve player and Taylor hasn't started in some time. So no, I don't agree with you, and I maintain that this was a subpar starting XI that is a substantial step down from something like Given/Enrique/Beye/Bassong/Colloccini/Jonas/Barton/Butt/N'Zogbia/Owen/Martins.

Mentioning Guthrie twice doesnt change things. Zoggy and Taylor have 4 or 5 seasons of premiership games each, Guthrie was in our starting XI for most of the season and Enrique played every game in la liga over the last year or two. Like I said, stop making excuses. We were shit and its not down to the number of games people have played. We arent talking about a team full of 17 years olds with 3 games between them we had a very decent team out who should have done a lot better against a Liverpool team that was missing a similar number of players that we were. God only knows what would have happened if Keane and Torres started.

Don't get cheesed off because your precious Taylor isn't good enough to displace that lad with about 4 games under his belt. And I admit to mentioning Guthrie twice but I'm not the one who claimed half our starting eleven today are full internationals. Butt had one poor game against Wigan and people want him taken out and shot - short memories tbh.

Yes, I did put N'Zogbia and Enrique in my strongest XI. There's no contradiction there. All I said is that they aren't full internationals, which they aren't. It shocks me that some of you are honestly trying to argue we could ever have got a result here considering the squad we put out, but it takes all kinds I suppose. :unsure:

:unsure: Ive seen plenty of performances similarly inept with our so called 'best' players out. Youre the one clutching at straws mate, we were outplayed on every part of the pitch, the sooner you realise it and accept that we are amongst the 4 or 5 favourites to go down the better tbh. We have no money to spend, a shit squad and about 4 or 5 of our better players want to leave.

Missed the whole game, glad I didnt stay in to watch it tbh. Was it the lack of quality on the pitch, the lack of managerial nous from the manager or a mixture of both?

Men against babies who can't even crawl - including the managers.

Was a disappointing game but we got FA cup next week against a poor Hull side. I reckon we could have a good run in the comp this season

Anyone with even an outside chance of being in the squad for the next league game shouldn't be risked. Play a youth team and reimburse fans who've already bought tickets

Just got back in from that. Fucking hell man, to think a few years back we were on a similar level with Liverpool. We couldnt be much further away right now. Not so much men against boys but men against oap's. Ran rings round us and we stood and watched. I may be wrong havent not seen replays or read any reports yet, but looked to me like the ref was fucking horrendous. Handball before their third and giving a blatant corner to them when is was a GK to us near the end. Still, it wouldnt have made much difference.

If MA says he wants to push on in 2009, I hope he was watching every kick of THAT game and might realise just what needs done.

Not even going to go into specifics, there was so much wrong all over the pitch.

I'm really sick and fucking tired of Kinnear persevering with Ameobe :unsure:

To be fair, I've seen us play a lot worse than we did today but the problem lay in the fact that Liverpool are just simply so superior to us.

We were shite today credit to Given, N'Zogbia and Duff. Lua Lua looks a promising player.

Not many positives at all on the football front as we were outclassed in every field and we were lucky it wasn't ten.

Nice to get a goal and I was enjoying the singing and taking the piss out of the terrible Liverpool fans - they were shocking, never sung till they were 1-0 up and then stopped till they were 2-0.

I expected to lose, but we were shocking and the embarrassing referee didn't help.

"Lua Lua looks a promising player. "

On what basis are you saying this. Hitting a hopeful shot from 30 yards on the turn 10 yards wide?

You're talking bollocks mate.

sorry mate but i think he is.

the prob with the toon is the fact our youth don't get the chance unless we get our "top" players injured. seems unfair look at edgar player against united did ok and scored....no chance after...krul played against Palermo and was fantastic yet never had a chance after ( altho yeah its hard to go against given but still great debut )

we have some fantastic youth players who i think (IMO!!) need a chance who on the pitch have nothing to lose and all they want to do is prove themselves.

"Lua Lua looks a promising player. "

On what basis are you saying this. Hitting a hopeful shot from 30 yards on the turn 10 yards wide?

You're talking bollocks mate.

I have seen him for the reserves and academy a few times, against Stoke last season and Bolton.

He looks a promising player.