Barry Ferguson on Kinnear's wishlist

Sonatine

Guest Stevie
To the Scotsman who said Barry Ferguson hasn't always been shite, he has. He captained Rangers to the treble, scored a last minute free kick in a Cup Final, but as I said he has always been to slow, and in my view has never been at the level Scott Parker is at. Man of the Matches at Blackburn??? So did Robbie Savage!

I take it you mean "he hasn't"? I don't want to turn this into a defense of BF because I can't stomach the wee chav bastard but he had a few good seasons and one "great" one.

He is no longer good enough for the Prem, far less Newcastle. At any rate I can't see this transfer happening. When BF went to Blackburn he played a "Sectarian" card to justify moving (His kids getting abuse etc) then worked his ticket so hard at Blackburn (I want to get buried in my Rangers top and other such insincerities) that the circus surrounding the man would probably render it unworthwhile for all involved. Ferguson conducted himself with all the dignity of Kevin the teenager.

Also, the man is a coward, content to hide in midfield and blame others during the game, so I'm sure he'll just hide in Scotland.

Hopefully Ricky Sbragia will express an interest in the cuunt and spend £5m on him.

Maybe just maybe have yous ever thought that ferguson did actualy want to come back, he is more than good enough for newcastle id take him over barton, guthrie and butt anyway :( the sectarian card ? He openly admitted in a interview that people from all angles were telling him to try the premiership so he gave it a go and then realised how big a club Rangers are with the facilities we had so decided to come back. Barry Ferguson could have easily signed for Everton at the time Rangers resigned him but he wanted to come back to Rangers, Hide? He was hiding last season wasn't he when he captained us to the verge of the quadruple threatining the rest of his career playing through a ankle injury, taking injections into the bone just to play and also leading scotland to 2 wins over france home and away and with 1 game of qualifying for Euro 2008? Ferguson isn't the same player who was dominating the big eurpean names 4 years ago but hes a higher quality than your midfeild and would do a job for yous.

Yous are in for the wrong midfeilder anyway, Kevin Thomson is far more important to us than Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis or Barry Ferguson, but thommo is not for sale :) .

Guthrie is distinctly average but he may improve there's a chance of that happening, he's little more than a pup in footballing terms. Nicky Butt still gives tenacious committed games now and then, and he reads the game better than almost anyone I've seen despite his flaws, and Barton while being a total cunt, can get back playing to a level where England are looking at him, as has happened before. The one thing the three have in common is, I wouldn't swap any of them for Barry, not cos they're great player but because I don't and never have rated the Rangers number 6. He's so fuckin slow, no team ever counter attacking could cope with him in the team, he's a poor version of Parker and again he wasn't good enough for NUFC so I'm sure Ferguson isn't. As for your comments about "the same player who was dominating the big European names four years ago", I can only presume you're on about the Lithuanians at Hearts with 12 letters in their surname?!??!?!?

Edited by Stevie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly O/T but I see Parker has been linked with a £10m+ to Man City. Hughes must be trying for the sack if he's his choice. That said, I thought the criticism for Paker was way OTT by the time he left (in much the same way as the praise was when he first arrived). Either way he'd walk into the side now. I'd take him over Ferguson too.

Slightly O/T but I see Parker has been linked with a £10m+ to Man City. Hughes must be trying for the sack if he's his choice. That said, I thought the criticism for Paker was way OTT by the time he left (in much the same way as the praise was when he first arrived). Either way he'd walk into the side now. I'd take him over Ferguson too.

He could do a mean Jacko pirouette thats for sure. :(

He could do a mean Jacko pirouette thats for sure. :(

Shamon!

Guest Stevie

I'd take you over Ferguson.

A bit like how Speed was hounded out.

I always liked Parker, I know he wasn't an all round midfielder, but I thought that he never had the right pairing up here-Butt and/or Emre.

A bit like how Speed was hounded out.

I always liked Parker, I know he wasn't an all round midfielder, but I thought that he never had the right pairing up here-Butt and/or Emre.

No...not for me.....Parker fucked with us in the East Stand "Chosen Few Crew"........if he shows his face at SJP again we'll pop a cap in the cockney twats ass :(

Seriously, looking at the dross we have now, Parker looks like fuckin Zico :)

I'd take Alex over a stool in the Trent (ooh err) you know you are safe cos you can never fucking get one. ;) Ferguson, no thanks.

I'd take Alex over a stool in the Trent (ooh err) you know you are safe cos you can never fucking get one. B) Ferguson, no thanks.

;) Likewise I'm sure.

I remember people saying the same when he went to Blackburn.

Let's face it, he plays for a chump team in a pub league, he's hardly going to be amazing ;)

I remember people saying the same when he went to Blackburn.

Let's face it, he plays for a chump team in a pub league, he's hardly going to be amazing ;)

Your right about the pub league to be fair B) but a team that got to the uefa cup final and our great history ( a wee summary for yous in my sig ) has never been one to make us a 'chump' team. If the support dont give him a proper chance hes destined to fail just like every other player.

RANGERS will sell both captain Barry Ferguson and top scorer Kris Boyd this month - if they can rake in £6million for the pair.

Boyd is almost certain to be a Birmingham player by the end of the week despite Gers booting out a bid of £3m last night from St Andrew's.

The Ibrox club want £3.5m for the 20-goal hitman - 2.5m up front and the rest if City reach the Premiership.

Ferguson can join him at the exit door if anyone meets Rangers' £2.5m valuation and Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has already gone public with his interest.

Record Sport can reveal Ibrox boss Walter Smith and chairman David Murray have held an emergency summit to draw up a transfer window strategy after being alerted to interest in two of their most prominent players. Rangers last night confirmed Birmingham had declared their intent and Murray revealed he was willing to do business.

He said: "Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today.

"We rejected a bid of around £3m but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris."

Smith and Murray have agreed to offload both Ferguson and Boyd this transfer window - but only if the price is right.

While five other players - Allan McGregor, Madjid Bougherra, Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis and Kevin Thomson - have been categorised as untouchable, Ferguson and Boyd will be allowed to move on before the market shuts at the end of the month.

With Smith's side currently trailing Celtic by five points this is a hugely risky strategy and one which is certain to anger many of the club's supporters.

But, following the financial disaster caused by crashing out of the Champions League qualifiers to Kaunas, Murray has demanded Smith trims his squad.

In fact, the manager would use some of the money raised to bolster his defence by securing a new centre-half, although top target Tonel may have been priced out of a move by Sporting Lisbon, who now want £4m for the Portuguese international.

Birmingham have so far fallen short of matching Murray's demands for Boyd and are also attempting to piece together a three-year payment package.

Murray, though, wants the bulk of the fee paid up front and will also insist on an additional bonus payment of up to £1m if Boyd helps McLeish win promotion and bag a £30m ticket to the Premiership.

That should bring the total sum up to around the £3.5m mark - while Rangers would be happy to accept around £1m less for Ferguson who turns 31 next month.

Newcastle's interest in the Ibrox skipper is, however, less straightforward given that the Geordies have so far failed to make any official contact with Rangers, despite Kinnear's weekend claims of an official enquiry being made.

The manager's somewhat bizarre approach has baffled both Smith and Murray who suspect third-party involvement behind the scenes.

But they believe a bid could be tabled and will do business if Newcastle reach their £2.5m valuation of the Scotland skipper.

Ferguson - by far the biggest earner on Smith's wage bill - has 18 months left on his current £30,000-a-week Ibrox contract and has been made aware that he will not be given the same financial package should he chose to extend his deal.

But the player could expect to rake in substantially more money on Tyneside and would also hope to sign at least a three-year deal.

The Gers boss also believes he can absorb the loss of Boyd and Ferguson by getting more from players such as Kyle Lafferty, Maurice Edu, Nacho Novo, Andrius Velicka and Stevie Naismith who have been on the fringes of his first team this season.

Meanwhile, Alan Gow has agreed terms on a £250,000 switch to Wolves and should complete his move in the next 24 hours.

RANGERS will sell both captain Barry Ferguson and top scorer Kris Boyd this month - if they can rake in £6million for the pair.

Boyd is almost certain to be a Birmingham player by the end of the week despite Gers booting out a bid of £3m last night from St Andrew's.

The Ibrox club want £3.5m for the 20-goal hitman - 2.5m up front and the rest if City reach the Premiership.

Ferguson can join him at the exit door if anyone meets Rangers' £2.5m valuation and Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has already gone public with his interest.

Record Sport can reveal Ibrox boss Walter Smith and chairman David Murray have held an emergency summit to draw up a transfer window strategy after being alerted to interest in two of their most prominent players. Rangers last night confirmed Birmingham had declared their intent and Murray revealed he was willing to do business.

He said: "Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today.

"We rejected a bid of around £3m but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris."

Smith and Murray have agreed to offload both Ferguson and Boyd this transfer window - but only if the price is right.

While five other players - Allan McGregor, Madjid Bougherra, Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis and Kevin Thomson - have been categorised as untouchable, Ferguson and Boyd will be allowed to move on before the market shuts at the end of the month.

With Smith's side currently trailing Celtic by five points this is a hugely risky strategy and one which is certain to anger many of the club's supporters.

But, following the financial disaster caused by crashing out of the Champions League qualifiers to Kaunas, Murray has demanded Smith trims his squad.

In fact, the manager would use some of the money raised to bolster his defence by securing a new centre-half, although top target Tonel may have been priced out of a move by Sporting Lisbon, who now want £4m for the Portuguese international.

Birmingham have so far fallen short of matching Murray's demands for Boyd and are also attempting to piece together a three-year payment package.

Murray, though, wants the bulk of the fee paid up front and will also insist on an additional bonus payment of up to £1m if Boyd helps McLeish win promotion and bag a £30m ticket to the Premiership.

That should bring the total sum up to around the £3.5m mark - while Rangers would be happy to accept around £1m less for Ferguson who turns 31 next month.

Newcastle's interest in the Ibrox skipper is, however, less straightforward given that the Geordies have so far failed to make any official contact with Rangers, despite Kinnear's weekend claims of an official enquiry being made.

The manager's somewhat bizarre approach has baffled both Smith and Murray who suspect third-party involvement behind the scenes.

But they believe a bid could be tabled and will do business if Newcastle reach their £2.5m valuation of the Scotland skipper.

Ferguson - by far the biggest earner on Smith's wage bill - has 18 months left on his current £30,000-a-week Ibrox contract and has been made aware that he will not be given the same financial package should he chose to extend his deal.

But the player could expect to rake in substantially more money on Tyneside and would also hope to sign at least a three-year deal.

The Gers boss also believes he can absorb the loss of Boyd and Ferguson by getting more from players such as Kyle Lafferty, Maurice Edu, Nacho Novo, Andrius Velicka and Stevie Naismith who have been on the fringes of his first team this season.

Meanwhile, Alan Gow has agreed terms on a £250,000 switch to Wolves and should complete his move in the next 24 hours.

Kevin Thomson better be untouchable future rangers captain. A 3 year for Barry wont be a good thing he wont last that long his body is totaly fucked as hes been ridden with injuries but cmoan yous must think thats a fair buy at only pennys of £2.5 mill ? Youll get 2 years out of him at most but definetly not a 3rd year.

Edited by Ferguson_6