Saturday Gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Former Liverpool left-back John Arne Riise, now at Italian side Roma, is being chased by Newcastle. (The Times)

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola has been told he will have to sell his star players and rebuild his squad from scratch in the summer. (Daily Express)

Wigan striker Emile Heskey is set to rejoin Liverpool in the summer, rather than this month, as manager Steve Bruce lets new signing Hugo Rodallega adapt to life in the Premier League. (Daily Mail)

West Ham striker Craig Bellamy would prefer to join ­Tottenham rather than Manchester City, although that could lead to a stand-off with his present club as City are offering more money to sign the Welshman. (The Guardian)

And West Ham are now expecting an offer of more than £14m from City for the player. (The Times)

Bolton have pulled out of their attempt to sign West Ham defender Calum Davenport, after landing Zenit St Petersburg's Sebastien Puygrenier on loan instead. (The Independent)

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has told Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz that he will have to wait until the summer before making a move to Manchester City. (Daily Mail)

Former Ranger winger Peter Lovenkrands is set to join Newcastle, following his release from Schalke 04. (Daily Mail)

Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune says he is keen on a move to West Brom, who had a £2.2m bid turned down for the player this week. (The Times)

Stoke's attempts to sign Sheffield United forward James Beattie are hanging in the balance, as the clubs have yet to agree on a transfer fee. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal's hopes of signing Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani seem to have ended after he signed a new contract with the Italian club. (The Times)

OTHER FOOTBALL GOSSIP

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari risks provoking further unrest at Stamford Bridge after bringing in a list of new fines for his players. (The Sun)

Fulham and Wigan are looking into whether they could launch a compensation claim against West Ham, should it be proved that the London club breached further Premier League rules in the Carlos Tevez affair. (The Times)

Former Manchester United midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron has told fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez he could be making a huge mistake if he decides to leave Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)

What's Lovenkrands like?

Injury prone apparently and obviously not in good form at Schalke. He's training with Rangers at the minute so I'd be surprised if he doesn't re-sign for them.

Lovenkrands is another like nzog who has pace to burn but really is a headless chicken with no real attributes other than being fast. Much like your Rommedahls and others who made a name for themselves purely on their ability to run fast. Again like our Le Sulk he used to chip in with the odd goal, quite often against Celtic, and this for many hid the fact that he was very average.

Interesting addition been added to the gossip page now...

Newcastle striker Michael Owen has agreed in principle to join Manchester City in the summer for around £90,000-a-week, if he stays fit between now and the end of the season. (Daily Express)

Lovenkrands is another like nzog who has pace to burn but really is a headless chicken with no real attributes other than being fast. Much like your Rommedahls and others who made a name for themselves purely on their ability to run fast. Again like our Le Sulk he used to chip in with the odd goal, quite often against Celtic, and this for many hid the fact that he was very average.

Agree with all of that I'd add that the bugger's 29 at the end of the month, so how much of his pace is left is open to question

What's Lovenkrands like?

Injury prone apparently and obviously not in good form at Schalke. He's training with Rangers at the minute so I'd be surprised if he doesn't re-sign for them.

He have said, he won't be signing for Rangers again, though he apparently still has a home in Glasgow. He is pacy as hell, and on his day, can be a very very good player. He've had some decent games for the national side. It not working out for him in Schalke, can be of various reasons and not just injuries. Alot of players have failed at Schalke, and alot of them have had injuries.

I'd welcome Løvenkrands at Newcastle, since he'd come for for free, and short term could do a job. He can play as a striker, and cover on both wings

I'd say Løvenkrands has more ability than Rommedahl, since he's able to go left and right, where Rommedahl can only head straight at full speed. Furthermore Løvenkrands can put in a cross, where as Rommedahl is just useless

From the Journal

The Magpies are expected to announce their first signing of the transfer window on Monday when Danish international forward Peter Lovenkrands moves to St James’s Park, but it is the future of Given which continues to dominate the agenda.

Looks like Charlie must be away then.

Another few million in the bank and a shite replacement to compete with Duff for nowt......whoopee :icon_lol:

From the Journal

The Magpies are expected to announce their first signing of the transfer window on Monday when Danish international forward Peter Lovenkrands moves to St James’s Park, but it is the future of Given which continues to dominate the agenda.

Another few million in the bank and a shite replacement to compete with Duff for nowt......whoopee :icon_lol:

Let the good times roll my friend, let them roll :angry:

He adds much needed depth and he's going to cost nowt. Sign him up.

I know we need numbers for the squad but when you consider at present we have Charlie, Jonas and Duff do we really need to sign another left winger even though he is on a free?

I can't see Charlie staying for much longer.

There was hell on first time round. We were sat waiting for him to come and sign a contract when we got a phone call saying actually, im at Rangers and ive signed there instead!

Would I fuck be rescuing him from his dole hunt

Bit of cutting the nose off to spite the face there... He'd be a useful addition - couldn't really give a fuck what he did in the past tbh.

My take on it.

So that's young/potential out for money and semi-past it in for nowt - sounds about right.

Remind me because I'm getting confused, is this the Arsenal model ?