Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Liverpool win the FA Cup?

Liverpool have already won the Carling Cup. Normally the FA Cup spot defaults to the runners up of the FA Cup but Spurs and Chelsea are candidates to get into Europe via the league already, so the FA Cup spot defaults to 6th in the league.

The only exception to all of this is if Chelsea win the Champions League. In that scenario the Europa League spots will go to 4th and 5th place.

Will never happen, but even if it did it shouldn't be much of a problem as I think we'll finish 5th anyway.

Edited by noaliasmike

The only exception to all of this is if Chelsea win the Champions League. In that scenario the Europa League spots will go to 4th and 5th place

Surely if Chelsea finish above us then they will be 5th anyway so the Europa League place passes over to the team in 6th?

As much as I hated rooting for Liverpool against a team I actually quite like, I'm glad that bastards won. Takes the pressure off us now, and we can look forward to Europe next season =)

Edited by Rayvin

If we don't take at least 4 points from shite like Stoke and Wigan, we don't deserve to be there. Everton fell apart like balsa wood today, Chelsea are beatable and have a Champions League semi final against the best team in the world to worry about and Man City could be title winners/losers by the time we play them. Consistency has been the crack all season, we're there.

The only exception to all of this is if Chelsea win the Champions League. In that scenario the Europa League spots will go to 4th and 5th place

Surely if Chelsea finish above us then they will be 5th anyway so the Europa League place passes over to the team in 6th?

Good point mate, I'm not sure. Could do with some clarification from the FA really. Bit a of a null point anyway, Chelsea will never win the Champions League and I was just being a bit pedantic.

I am absolutely buzzing :)

Good point mate, I'm not sure. Could do with some clarification from the FA really. Bit a of a null point anyway, Chelsea will never win the Champions League and I was just being a bit pedantic.

I am absolutely buzzing :)

That year we got 5 places in Champions League was an exception for Liverpool

If Chelsea win the Champions League then 4th place get bumped down to the Europa League. So that could still mess things up; it isn't going to happen though. This has benn confirmed by the all knowing Google =P Even if they did though, they'd probably fall away in the league while trying to sustain it.