Official Match thread Vs Mackems (H)

Mark

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair to the lad mabe all he needed was a half decent rn of games, he looks a hell of alot better in this game

48506[/snapback]

I always knew he could do it, it's just he didn't look like it all of a sudden. The fans have been rather nasty to the guy - he is probably an easy target after all.

Ameobi had a good game but hel not have another one til we are in europe or a cup final. he only turns it on for the important games.

on the last 10games shearer might be struggling to break that scoring record, hes done nowt!

Boumsong is shit, fact. he got turned inside out by elliot, twice!

On the plus side, emre is a fucking ledge, cant believe we got him so cheap, hes like our own little deco/zola/maradona all rolled into one.

another decent game by n'zogbia

taylor played canny too.

also ramage for his first proper start in the league was quality. better than elliot and babayaro, if he doesnt get a run in the team he should feel harshly done too.

welcome back nobby!

Shola's best game in god knows how long! I don't expect him to score 2 every game but i do expect that level of affort, aggression and awareness from him every game and so he needs to show it in future.

Boumsong was abysmal and got knoced aside and brushed off the ball by everyone he went near, whereas Taylor was outstanding, covered for Boom, won everything, threw himself in the wya of things and made the goal line clearance.

Shearer had a poor game, but he hasn't looked good unless Owen plays this season.

Ramage as a CB playing in a derby at LB deserves alot of credit and should keep his place.

Emre is pure class and changes our team and Nobby also made a big difference before understandably tiring.

I see the makems are saying the best team lost, which wasn't so, but fairs fair, loads of effort from them.

Boum was dreadful as he has been just about all season.

Emre is indeed pure class, Nobby hopefully will get himself up to speed and if we can just get rid of the expensive malingerer (Dyer) we may be heading in the right direction - but beating the makems is one thing, beating GOOD teams quite another ! :nufc:

I see the makems are saying the best team lost, which wasn't so, but fairs fair, loads of effort from them.

Boum was dreadful as he has been just about all season.

Emre is indeed pure class, Nobby hopefully  will get himself up to speed and if we can just get rid of the expensive malingerer (Dyer) we may be heading in the right direction - but beating the makems is one thing, beating GOOD teams quite another ! :nufc:

48524[/snapback]

They really are both hilarious and truly sad over on the smb!

You'd think they'd played like Brazil and we'd played like well, like Sunderland from their descriptions. :(

We were better first half and they scored from their only two shits at goal. Second half they probably did edge it but we did the thing that actually matters in football, we scored the goal.

And some of them are even blaming the ref, when he actually had an outstanding match. He booked players straight away when required and their two were for shocking tackles and he let the rest of the game flow by letting people battle with each other for headers and the like.

Isn't life just sweet when the rabble spend all that time, money and energy in coming to the Holy Land in the vain hope of seeing their teeyum triumph, only to go home with their tail between their legs and their ears full of some abuse. Ahhhhh, life is just tickety boo today. :nufc:

Didn't see the game so I don't know what Emre's goal was like. However, BBC said that it was a left foot free kick, past the goalie's left side and in off the post.

Reminds me of another similar free kick by a certain Scott Sellars all those years ago in the rain :(:o

Ahhh, life is sweet today! :o

Have to say Shola did have a good game, it's a pity he's not more consistent but then again he didn't really play against class players today did he? Ramage was good not outstanding but considering he's not a left back he did very well and of course Emre was pure class once that guy gets match fit he's going to terrorize the opposition, Scott Parker didnt have a top day but he did have a dead leg apparently so I suppose he did quite well considering, It certianly be great when Nobby gets match fit again but still we have a way to go before we start threatning the likes of Chelsea. :nufc:

Man of the match - Shola IMO.

48515[/snapback]

Fully agree.

If only Shola knew how desperate we are to sing his praises.

It isnt fun calling a local lad shit when we know damn well he can do better. And this is the level we should expect from him. He CAN do it.

Congratulations boys.

I havent watched the game, but will catch hilights this evening.

I said in another thread that this was a must win and that Solano and Emre would make all the difference. I hope this is a turn in the right direction and you can string a few good results.

Your making your way up into the top 6, where you belong.

Cheers and good luck

Congratulations boys.

I havent watched the game, but will catch hilights this evening.

I said in another thread that this was a must win and that Solano and Emre would make all the difference. I hope this is a turn in the right direction and you can string a few good results.

Your making your way up into the top 6, where you belong.

Cheers and good luck

48667[/snapback]

No we're not, and if I'm being belligerent I'd say we've more right to be top 4 than Chelsea.