BNP Wives

Kid Dynamite

The world would be a poorer place without many aspects of Islamic culture imo, not least their architecture.

That's the thing though, so long as you only look at one part of anything and squint a bit, there's always nice bits.

Where as in reality pretty much all religion (and most "culture") is just acceptable bigotry/them and us-ism.

I don't disagree, it was more a defence of it in the face of a this religion is worse than this one-type of argument. I do love the architecture though.

Aye it's nice (and relatively Tsunami proof), but even that isn't really that, as it takes its influences from several different pre-Islamic places as well.

Isn't really that what? :lol:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BNP should really make a point of recruiting some hot bitches.

No facking sooties though. Mind you, that Frank Bruno's alriight [/cockney wanker - the viz]

:lol:

Genius character.

The far right in Italy and France is packed with hot totty. BNP don't need a new image they need fresh tits and maybe a page 3 in their leaflets.

More to choose from in those countries tbf - totty and right-wing extremists.

The world would be a poorer place without many aspects of Islamic culture imo, not least their architecture.

That's the thing though, so long as you only look at one part of anything and squint a bit, there's always nice bits.

Where as in reality pretty much all religion (and most "culture") is just acceptable bigotry/them and us-ism.

I don't disagree, it was more a defence of it in the face of a this religion is worse than this one-type of argument. I do love the architecture though.

Aye it's nice (and relatively Tsunami proof), but even that isn't really that, as it takes its influences from several different pre-Islamic places as well.

Islamic, it's just the current lasting touchstone of the culture and architecture it enveloped.

Islamic, it's just the current lasting touchstone of the culture and architecture it enveloped.

Which was primarily Islamic. I don't see how you can put all Islamic architecture into one category anyway given the period over which it has lasted. No one was arguing it wasn't influenced by what went before, but then again - what isn't when it comes to this sort of thing? But it was (more often than not) built in honour of God and whatever you think about the rights and wrongs of that it does seem to produce a type of building which has a special atmosphere to it. Take the Palace of Versailles - beautiful but completely lacking in the ambience of, say, the Sacre Coeur.

Which was primarily Islamic. I don't see how you can put all Islamic architecture into one category anyway given the period over which it has lasted. No one was arguing it wasn't influenced by what went before, but then again - what isn't when it comes to this sort of thing? But it was (more often than not) built in honour of God and whatever you think about the rights and wrongs of that it does seem to produce a type of building which has a special atmosphere to it. Take the Palace of Versailles - beautiful but completely lacking in the ambience of, say, the Sacre Coeur.

Aye, but that architecture or something very similar would have likely come about even if Islam never had (and of course existed pre-Islam). Religion is just good at claiming stuff, and of course getting money.

Aye, but that architecture or something very similar would have likely come about even if Islam never had (and of course existed pre-Islam). Religion is just good at claiming stuff, and of course getting money.

I can't think of many comparable buildings (to the great mosques, temples, cathedrals etc. of the world) that aren't connected to religion so I'm not sure that's correct.

These building have no real function except to act as a place of worship to God though (although why an omnipotent God would be so vane I don't know). They wouldn't have existed without religion, I'm not suggesting that's a good enough reason to keep religion mind.

The Golden Ratio and stuff like that Parky? Not sure it's got anything to do with a God. Occurs in nature though.

Edited by alex

The Golden Ratio and stuff like that Parky? Not sure it's got anything to do with a God. Occurs in nature though.

....and you have your ans. :lol:

No I don't, I just have your ambiguity :lol:

The real god is in nature.

It is the one we have been carefully detached from...But it is there and always will be.

It is the one we have been carefully detached from...But it is there and always will be.

I sort of agree with that. But I wouldn't call it God. The only thing that makes sense to me in terms of something to worship is the Sun. The ancients had that right even if the human sacrifices were a bit out of order :wub:

No I don't, I just have your ambiguity :wub:

I sort of agree with that. But I wouldn't call it God. The only thing that makes sense to me in terms of something to worship is the Sun. The ancients had that right even if the human sacrifices were a bit out of order :yahoo:

You know too much!!! :lol:

I can't think of many comparable buildings (to the great mosques, temples, cathedrals etc. of the world) that aren't connected to religion so I'm not sure that's correct.

Most have been destroyed, but that you think Islam invented them just goes to show how effective it can be.

Most have been destroyed, but that you think Islam invented them just goes to show how effective it can be.

I never said that at all. In fact I implied the opposite. Which buildings do you have in mind btw?

Stevie, I did ask you 2 q's which have been dodged:

1/ are you religious?

2/ what do you think would have happened (football supporting wise) if you'd been born in an area of Birmingham where its mainly Villa fans?

seriously. I guess you may not want to answer the first q, which is fair enough. but I'd be very interested to hear the answer to the 2nd

1) I'm not Mother Theresa, but I'm Catholic and believe in God, haven't been to church for a few years though.

You are soooooooooooooooooooo gonna burn in hell!!!! :lol:

Can't believe a Roman Catholic would basically want Muslims in this country to face the same sort of persecution that happened to their own lot for ages after Reformation in this country. Then again, I can.

Where did I say that. If they speak English and pipe down, play football, that would be enough for me. 2m muslims in England, and less than five have made any impact on our game, and don't give me the inherent racism bollocks in the footballing system. It's about integration throughout the nation.

Obafemi Martins

Habib Beye

Abdoulaye Faye (sp?)

Robin Van Persie

Abou Diaby

Mido

Aimr Zaki

Al-Habsi

Nadir Belhadj

Kaboul

That is just off the top of my head.

Can't believe a Roman Catholic would basically want Muslims in this country to face the same sort of persecution that happened to their own lot for ages after Reformation in this country. Then again, I can.

Where did I say that. If they speak English and pipe down, play football, that would be enough for me. 2m muslims in England, and less than five have made any impact on our game, and don't give me the inherent racism bollocks in the footballing system. It's about integration throughout the nation.

Obafemi Martins

Habib Beye

Abdoulaye Faye (sp?)

Robin Van Persie

Abou Diaby

Mido

Aimr Zaki

Al-Habsi

Nadir Belhadj

Kaboul

Good English lads, all of them. :lol:

Obafemi Martins

Habib Beye

Abdoulaye Faye (sp?)

Robin Van Persie

Abou Diaby

Mido

Aimr Zaki

Al-Habsi

Nadir Belhadj

Kaboul

Emre