Jump to content

Bruce Manager of NUFC


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just another Pardew for me.  Didn't like the fucker before he came here, didn't like him when he was here, and I'll continue disliking him after he's left.   Just another snidey snake i

i'm going to explain to you where you're going wrong here, although god only knows why i should need to....   you (and no doubt many others in the putrid facebook/twitter world of the termin

Be careful what we wish for?!   Over a decade of utter fucking meaningless pish, lies, villainy, has beens, never weres and never should've beens we've endured.    Should we just w

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He inherited a good defensive team,

I said when he was appointed that we'd have a period where defensively the team could play from memory but over time we'd look more leaky and we're definitely going to see that happening this season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I said when he was appointed that we'd have a period where defensively the team could play from memory but over time we'd look more leaky and we're definitely going to see that happening this season.

It's the passivity that gets me. Under Benitez we let the opposition play as much as they wanted in their half but as soon as they got within about 35yds of the box we were on them as a unit. Now, if there is pressure it's half-hearted headless chicken shit. For Rashford's goal, Shelvey just watched the play pass him by, didn't even jog after it.

 

Said elsewhere but fundamentally there's 3 ways to play; defend so they don't score, keep the ball so they can't score, or score more than them. We can't defend, we sure as shit can't control a game and we're not set up toa ttack, so what the fuck are we supposed to be doing?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canofbeans said:

Bruce is tactically inept, morally bankrupt, a cretin, and basically not fit for the role. with the team working properly we could get lower mid table (11th to 14th). with Bruce in charge we'll probably get relegated. even with the bottom 3 being absolute rubbish, he's absolutely capable of dragging us down to the championship.

I honestly think Ashley had the notion that getting Bruce in and giving him a bit of money would see a better return than Benitez in terms of points and league position. Just to prove some weird point because the fans loved Rafa and he wouldn’t just meekly do what he was told. It backfired somewhat with the signing of Joelinton. I can’t imagine another team in the division going for Bruce (or paying that money for Joelinton). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I said when he was appointed that we'd have a period where defensively the team could play from memory but over time we'd look more leaky and we're definitely going to see that happening this season.

Same and same for the injury list which will gradually deteriorate from him walking through the door.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I honestly think Ashley had the notion that getting Bruce in and giving him a bit of money would see a better return than Benitez in terms of points and league position. Just to prove some weird point because the fans loved Rafa and he wouldn’t just meekly do what he was told. It backfired somewhat with the signing of Joelinton. I can’t imagine another team in the division going for Bruce (or paying that money for Joelinton). 

With Benitez there was a given that if he is allowed to run things he would improve a team tactically/ physically,/ mentally. if he'd have been given £40m, or whatever last seasons budget was, we would have had a better team I have no doubt, than we currently do, or at the very least a team that has a direction rather than give it to St max...

 

honestly speaking I can't believe Bruce has got so many Jobs, he's a shambles.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Alex said:

I honestly think Ashley had the notion that getting Bruce in and giving him a bit of money would see a better return than Benitez in terms of points and league position. Just to prove some weird point because the fans loved Rafa and he wouldn’t just meekly do what he was told. It backfired somewhat with the signing of Joelinton. I can’t imagine another team in the division going for Bruce (or paying that money for Joelinton). 

An oddity of Ashley's reign is that he'll bin off a competent manager that the fans support, but who he won't, for an incompetent manager that the fans don't support but he will. 

 

McClaren was shit, but was backed with signings like Wijnaldum, Mbemba, Mitrovic. Bruce gets ASM, Wilson, Joelinton. Give Benitez control and he'll have got us comfortably midtable every season, maybe once the squad was deeper he'd have been a bit more interested in the cups as well. He wouldn't have signed Joelinton, and while he would likely not have signed Saint Maximin the team, as a whole, would be better off.

 

We must have the worst manager in the league, I doubt any would have Bruce as first choice, not even Fulham and West Brom and i'm not convinced we'd be much worse off (performance-wise) with Parker or Bilic... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Joelinton had his best game as a number 10. Either play him there, or bench him. Don't stick him on the wing where he's entirely ineffectual.

Because he had HIS best game as a number 10 doesn’t necessarily mean he’s worthy of a place in that position.Why do think he should be on the bench at worst.He shouldn’t be in the first team squad based on his 43 League appearances.I don’t know anyone who can see anything in his game.He’s better than Fumaca but worse than every other player I’ve seen in a black and white.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think Ashley didnt want a manager like Rafa because he would stand up to him and try and dictate who to bring in and how the money should be spent.

 

Rafa and Ashley are dictators a relationship would never work. 

 

If Charnley could talk in front of more than 3 people he would be fucking manager right now 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Fish said:

An oddity of Ashley's reign is that he'll bin off a competent manager that the fans support, but who he won't, for an incompetent manager that the fans don't support but he will. 

 

McClaren was shit, but was backed with signings like Wijnaldum, Mbemba, Mitrovic. Bruce gets ASM, Wilson, Joelinton. Give Benitez control and he'll have got us comfortably midtable every season, maybe once the squad was deeper he'd have been a bit more interested in the cups as well. He wouldn't have signed Joelinton, and while he would likely not have signed Saint Maximin the team, as a whole, would be better off.

 

We must have the worst manager in the league, I doubt any would have Bruce as first choice, not even Fulham and West Brom and i'm not convinced we'd be much worse off (performance-wise) with Parker or Bilic... 

Thing is as well, Parker is young / inexperienced, which is obviously a risk but it might pay off. With Bruce you know exactly what you’re getting with fuck all chance of a positive outcome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

HE'S FUCKING GASH MAN

I’ve seen fuck all to suggest he’s any good but he’s clearly a bit better playing a bit deeper. Bruce hung him out to dry by playing him as a centre-forward for the opening 2/3s of last season. Then when he did play him in a different position his confidence was already shot to pieces 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

with the players at his disposal, we should be comfortably in mid-table. 

he's got to stop pissing about with joelinton in the team and hendrick on the wing when there are a couple of high quality alternatives on the bench.

it's hard to fathom what almiron has done to piss him off so much. he was our best player last season after ASM

Hendrick scored a cracking goal in the opener but has been anonymous since. He's the Colback replacement and Colback didn't play on the wing either. Another baffling decision from the Fat Pardew. 

Having such a pedestrian player on the opposite wing just focuses the defence on ASM even further. Almiron would have a field day with the gaps left by a defence struggling to contain both ASM and Wilson's movement. It's obvious to everyone except the manager, I suppose. And the less said about Joelinton, who Bruce has clearly been told to select, the better. 

I can't find a lot of blame for Bruce in my heart. He's never professed to be anything but the dinosaur he is. We knew exactly what we were getting and, well, we've got it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

seems obvious to play this lot ahead of the keeper and back four. shelvey might actually do alright if he has those four runners to ping balls to. 

----Hayden Shelvey

ASM----Almiron-----Fraser

---------Wilson

 

----Hayden --- Someone that can run a bit, tackle, press, and pass the ball. 

ASM----Almiron-----Fraser

---------Wilson

 

Shelvey's Hollywood passing only works if you have willing runners, and converted central midfielders (hendrick), and forwards like joelinton don't fit the bill as their movement isn't good enough (or their touch).

Hendrick probably would do a job alongside Jayden but then you have all the creativity and vision of Helen Keller.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Because he had HIS best game as a number 10 doesn’t necessarily mean he’s worthy of a place in that position.Why do think he should be on the bench at worst.He shouldn’t be in the first team squad based on his 43 League appearances.I don’t know anyone who can see anything in his game.He’s better than Fumaca but worse than every other player I’ve seen in a black and white.

 

Well that's hyperbole. He's not worse than Guivarch, Luque, Slimani and so on. 

 

Honestly, a better manager wouldn't have persisted with him isolated up front, they'd play a team that doesn't meekly surrender possession. They'd have improved his game (as Benitez did for Perez). I don't think he's £40m worth of Premier League striker on this form, but the criticism of him is way over the top, just like the criticism of Perez was way over the top at the time as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, canofbeans said:

----Hayden --- Someone that can run a bit, tackle, press, and pass the ball. 

ASM----Almiron-----Fraser

---------Wilson

 

Shelvey's Hollywood passing only works if you have willing runners, and converted central midfielders (hendrick), and forwards like joelinton don't fit the bill as their movement isn't good enough (or their touch).

Hendrick probably would do a job alongside Jayden but then you have all the creativity and vision of Helen Keller.

i'm not the biggest fan of hayden or shelvey tbh,  but you need someone who can win the ball back and someone who can pass it forwards. and until they're both upgraded, i dunno if we have two players who can do those jobs better in our squad. 

i wouldn't mind giving the longstaffs another go, or seeing if hendrick looks any good in the middle, because he's clearly a waste of a shirt out wide. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

 

Well that's hyperbole. He's not worse than Guivarch, Luque, Slimani and so on. 

 

Honestly, a better manager wouldn't have persisted with him isolated up front, they'd play a team that doesn't meekly surrender possession. They'd have improved his game (as Benitez did for Perez). I don't think he's £40m worth of Premier League striker on this form, but the criticism of him is way over the top, just like the criticism of Perez was way over the top at the time as well.

why is it over the top? he's been awful ever since he joined. at least with perez, for all his flouncing around, and lack of pace, you could see he had a couple of redeeming features - a nice touch and he could finish

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not like he hasn't had enough chances either. it's terrible man management. his confidence is shot. he should have been taken out of the firing line ages ago and given a run on the bench - see if he can contribute with a cameo here or there and earn his place back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...