For once I admire his honesty

Snake

Wenger and O'Neill also seem firmly in charge of everything that goes on and are actually good managers.

A budget should be negotiated with a manager not set in stone at a mere £10m a year.

It's madness this like. To declare what you are going to spend, say you are sitting tight with a manager who is possibly about to retire, reduce the fans hope to next to nothing when you are trying to get them to buy season tickets for next year. All in the context of a very serious relegation battle and losing some of our best players.

They are spackas, to a man.

It's madness this like. To declare what you are going to spend, say you are sitting tight with a manager who is possibly about to retire, reduce the fans hope to next to nothing when you are trying to get them to buy season tickets for next year. All in the context of a very serious relegation battle and losing some of our best players.

They are spackas, to a man.

I admit he's got me baffled for the exact reasons you state

you've got to have that faith.

...followed by

"We've got Chris [Hughton] there, we've got Colin [Calderwood], they're doing a good job, and the staff morale and the players' morale is great.

:lol:

You could not make this shit up.

I just dont get this like, i mean we have 6 mil left from Milner sale, 6 mil from N'Zogbia sale and about 6 mil from the Given sale....thats 18 mil rite there ffs!

Add to that there will be Owen (110k pw) Viduka (60k pw) Geremi (40k pw) all leaving so thats 9.8mil saved on wages plus Givens and N'Zogbia's wages of about 75k together which is another 4 mil off the wage bill...

Plus TV revenue of around 50mil from sky and 20mil off setanta....this clearly dont add up. :razz:

Sounds to me that MA is taking a hefty lump outa what we bring in to pay back the 100mil personal loan he put in for the dept paid off.

Although thats understanable, how the fuck can he expect us to progress with a fuckin budget of 10 mil per season.

Fuckin FUCKIN FUCKED OFF now!

I'm guessing (hoping/kidding myself) that he means he's going to put in £5-£10m of his OWN money in for transfers on top of profits generated by player sales/other income.

Fingers crossed that's the case

There'll be newly promoted clubs with much lower gates spending more than us in the summer. Fucking depressing. I bet they take a net receipt on transfer dealings again in the summer too.

They're taking the fucking piss. The thing is though, we know now what they're all about, so no one can be shocked come Sept 1 when we've signed no one of merit and regressed further. How the duck this clown expects to sell season tickets off the back of this is beyond me. And if they don't sell them, expect the 5 to 10m to be reduced accordingly.

I'm guessing (hoping/kidding myself) that he means he's going to put in £5-£10m of his OWN money in for transfers on top of profits generated by player sales/other income.

Not a fucking chance. They think we're dumb enough to believe that Mike Ashley personally bankrolls transfer activity. He'll be contributing zero towards it.

Seriously though, why exist as a club if we aren't going to be ambitious and compete.

Even the Portsmouth side that beat the top 4 F.A Cup domination was a well put together side with a good manager!

Not a fucking chance. They think we're dumb enough to believe that Mike Ashley personally bankrolls transfer activity. He'll be contributing zero towards it.

Unfortunately you're probably right. To be fair though he did lose two billion recently :lol:

Seriously though, why exist as a club if we aren't going to be ambitious and compete.

Even the Portsmouth side that beat the top 4 F.A Cup domination was a well put together side with a good manager!

But they have told you that we will, just in five years. Some people just want it all now, now now!

Right Oh.

We'll be scraping by as best we can with Ashley putting in as little as possible until he sells the club