The run in...

Deano

So we were defeated by fellow strugglers Bolton on sunday and it wasnt the result which was most dissapointing as the performance was of a side who looked not to be a premier league club.

What a difference 3 days made, same end result which essentially is the main thing but what was encouraging was in the manner of our performace against the best team in the world.

Although we got nothing out of the game we can be heartened by the way we looked to get at ManU and played football again...Bassong, Enrique, Gutierrez and Martins all played well and we need these players to up there game again if we are to get anything out of our immediate upcoming fixtures.

We also have Owen and Guthrie back for the away trip too Hull and hopefully they can bring something to the side as the season comes to a close, followed by the returns of much missed rightback Beye and the box to box energy of Barton.

We can salvage this season, its not beyond us but i am worried. Worried because we have to rely on other teams results and our fait is no longer in our own hands.

These fixtures are the crucial MUST win games, ALL are game's we SHOULD win and all the more important as all the sides are in the same trouble we find ourselves in maybe barring Hull.

A point at Hull is a minimal requirement but we really need to be winning against them, and id like to think our boys will want to do them in revenge for our latter two results against them.

Stoke City is another tough away game but again we should want revenge for letting a two goal lead slip against them at home. Pompey, Boro and Fulham games are WIN WIN WIN...its a must.

The rest of the fixtures are a write off for me and if we pick up points in those games its a bonus.

Should we get positive results in those bolded fixtures, im estimating 12-15 points from those games, maybe the Hull and Stoke games we may drop points and only get draws.

So 15 points just from the bolded fixtures would leave us on 40-42 points with the possibile bonus of unexpected points in the other games.

Its not beyond us and with key players coming back we could well do it, im hopefull but not as optimistic.

Come on boyz save our club!

:icon_lol:

Have you people even looked at Stokes home record?

The look at their away record and remember that we didnt manage to beat them at home

Now look at our away record.

Hull away, they will be flying after snatching a win and releasing the pressure

They've beaten us twice already this season, this has come at the perfect time for them.

We will be pointless until Portsmouth

AGGGGHHHHHH........!

Very worried! But I prey we do stay up. Boro, Brom and Portsmouth to go down I think.

I think Owen will come back and bang in 5 precious goals to keep us up then leave this fucking mess of a club in the summer!

Have you people even looked at Stokes home record?

The look at their away record and remember that we didnt manage to beat them at home

Now look at our away record.

Hull away, they will be flying after snatching a win and releasing the pressure

They've beaten us twice already this season, this has come at the perfect time for them.

We will be pointless until Portsmouth

How much did they pay for Beattie? Why weren't we in for him?

As relatively heartening as tonight was (it was a home defeat, after all) what we are SHIT at is scrapping with scrappers...we'll have more red cards and make more mistakes and if we stay up it'll be thanks to others being more awful than we have been.

How much did they pay for Beattie? Why weren't we in for him?

Exactly what I said when he scored tonight. He's exactly the sort of player we could do with right now.

I'm convinced we're going down. Can't see us getting anymore than a point away from home and I don't think we're likely to win all of the crucial home games either. I've already started paying extra attention to who is likely to be relegated/promoted from the Championship this season so I can figure out which away games I'll be going to next year.

To put it in a little more perspective, here's the run in for 3 of the 4 teams (I think we can write WBA off)

Ours is easily the worst of the lot. Fuck me we really should have been in a much safer position at this stage having only played the top teams once so far this season.

* Please do not post fixture lists *

I've already started paying extra attention to who is likely to be relegated/promoted from the Championship this season so I can figure out which away games I'll be going to next year.

Mouthwatering potential trips to Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Colchester, Southend...

When I say mouthwatering I mean that water you get in your mouth just before you vomit.

I've already started paying extra attention to who is likely to be relegated/promoted from the Championship this season so I can figure out which away games I'll be going to next year.

Mouthwatering potential trips to Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Colchester, Southend...

When I say mouthwatering I mean that water you get in your mouth just before you vomit.

Have to admit, my heart sank when I saw who was likely to be promoted. That list just gets more depressing the more you look at it...

Were in the shit and if we play like we did tonight, with some pace and passion we maybe, just maybe ok. Obvisoulsy it would help if Taylor would fuck off and work in McDonalds which is all he is good at

"Cheesburger Please"

"OK Pet *shouts to the back* One Whopper"

SLACK TWAT!

loss or draw if we're lucky

win or draw if we're unlucky

draw if we play like yesterday, otherwise a loss

comfortable defeat

very comfortable defeat

comfortable win

close defeat

draw at best

draw at best

depends on what they/we need

max 13 points, min 4 points, best guess 8 points & saved/relegated by 1 point or goal difference

loss or draw if we're lucky

win or draw if we're unlucky

draw if we play like yesterday, otherwise a loss

comfortable defeat

very comfortable defeat

comfortable win

close defeat

draw at best

draw at best

depends on what they/we need

That reads like a poem, can you make it Haiku?