Beardlesy on Talk Sport

Christmas Tree

Apparently pedro has this morning been on talk sport saying that fans are now warming to mike Ashley and looking forward to next season!

Also saying how Wise is doing a great job!

Didn't hear this first hand, just presenters discussing it and angry fans calling in.

Apparently pedro has this morning been on talk sport saying that fans are now warming to mike Ashley and looking forward to next season!

Also saying how Wise is doing a great job!

Didn't hear this first hand, just presenters discussing it and angry fans calling in.

He's been banging that tune for a while. B)

Just read the fully interview of this...... unbelievable, and I guess even Beardsley realises it as he's constantly defending what he has just said the moment before in it.

Read the Observer magazine as there was a Hillsborough special in it and he's in it, photographed sat in the SJP home dressing room and (according to the article) he's back working at the club 'in PR'. According to .com he was at an academy or reserve game the other night in an official capacity too.

Guest Stevie
Last I heard he was working in some form of scouting role for the Mackems.

He's employed by boro as a youth coach as far as I know. Legend all the same

You're only saying that cos of FM2009, Alex is right he's back here. He is as a footballer my all time hero, always will be, but since he chucked football he's been a bit of a cunt. He hates Shearer due to the testimonial snub as well, and min when he was bullying the kids, him and Wharton?

Tbf Stevie I don't think there was much in the bullying thing, it went to tribunal and everything and it was all thrown out. It basically boiled down to the 'kids' whingeing about being sweared at iirc :lol:

He talks some shit at times and I get the feeling he's a bit bitter at the way some things have worked out (that last bit is pure guesswork btw).

Pretty sure he had, and maybe still has, an office of some kind at SJP because a lass i know who also worked there used to lots of odd jobs for him. She'd never say a bad word about him, but i guess he knows what side his breads buttered on if he's on the payroll.

I heard a while back that the father of one of the kids at the time (Kris Gate I think it was) was going mental about perceived bullying of his lad by Beardsley. Could have been bollocks obviously but the source was canny.

Tbf Stevie I don't think there was much in the bullying thing, it went to tribunal and everything and it was all thrown out. It basically boiled down to the 'kids' whingeing about being sweared at iirc :lol:

He talks some shit at times and I get the feeling he's a bit bitter at the way some things have worked out (that last bit is pure guesswork btw).

When he talks he repeatedly uses the phrase "not being big headed but...." before waxing lyrical about how great he was.

"Not to be big headed, but but no-one in the premier league today has an ounce of the talent I had." ;)

To be fair to him, he can be critical of things at the club. It's usually players though. Xisco and Ameobi got a load of shit off him last time he did a dinner I saw. Nolan and Guthrie too iirc, as adequate players but not the quality we deserve he said.

Which made it all the more perplexing when he defends Ashley and advocates patience....they're all players who got lucrative contracts under the bloke.

Guest Stevie

Aye tribunals are always fair as well aren't they? As Sonataine said the bullying was real, it was more than just one kid, and having seen the Under 19s loads of times when he had them, he used to absolutely slaughter the players in front of crowds in excess of 300, Alan O'Brien and Richard Offiong reduced to shambling wrecks on one occasion when I was up there.

Aye tribunals are always fair as well aren't they? As Sonataine said the bullying was real, it was more than just one kid, and having seen the Under 19s loads of times when he had them, he used to absolutely slaughter the players in front of crowds in excess of 300, Alan O'Brien and Richard Offiong reduced to shambling wrecks on one occasion when I was up there.

Fairer than hearsay imo.

Guest Stevie

Fairer than hearsay imo.

I've seen it.

Fairer than hearsay imo.

I've seen it.

wasnt terry mac's son one of the youngsters involved in the tribunal too. might account for the Shearer / beardsley animosity that was implied in earlierpost; terry mac being best buddies with big Al.

after the tribunal i think Beardsley was sideways moved to a more PR role anyway; visiting schools etc, doing presentations to kids. remember him coming one monday morning to my daughters school to talk about keeping fit and eating properly as part of a city council / ncle utd education initiative.