13. Tottenham - 32

14. Sunderland - 32

15. Blackburn - 30

16. Newcastle - 29

17. Portsmouth - 29

18. Stoke City - 29

19. Middlesboro - 27

20. West Brom - 22

Spurs play Villa at Villa Park thmora and i fully expect Martin O'Neill's side to get the 3 points, if thats the case it means there isnt a great deal in it lookin up the table. Looking down the table Pompey have a game in hand but we can take some comfort in knowing its again ManU.

A point today was ok, we deserved 3 but the main thing is we didnt lose, and other results have made it a better point.

We play Arsenal next Saturday, and we will have Beye and Guthrie back, Duff will have another weeks training under his belt and Owen got a good run out today, with the home advantage and a perfromance similar to the one against Man U i can really see us getting at least a point. Stranger things have happened.

That being said iv wrote of getting anything against Arsenal and Chelsea so if we do they are bonus points.

The games against Stoke City away, Portsmouth, Fulham and Boro at home are the games we NEED to win....those 12 points would be enough to keep us up in my opinion.

Other games away to Spurs and Villa again are games that im not expecting nothing but if we pick up points its a bonus.

Yes other teams result can help us but if we take care of our own business it wont matter how other teams do.

Based on our last 2 performances iv seen enough to suggest we can scrap our way out of this.

B)

Boro were woeful today, as too were portmouth, stoke looking like they are falling apart and west brom are fucked.

Thats just the teams below us.

Blackburn were appauling albeit against a majestic arsenal side, hull were nothing special today and sunderland were apparently at there worst today too.

As iv said other teams result can help us but we have to take care of our own business.

So are you saying that if we win a couple of games, and some other teams don't, (ie, we end up with more points than 3 other teams) then we may be ok?

Well done mate...gold star for you! B)

So are you saying that if we win a couple of games, and some other teams don't, (ie, we end up with more points than 3 other teams) then we may be ok?

Well done mate...gold star for you! :icon_lol:

:angry:<_<

Got to see the funny side, it's dire hoping we'll start looking like a decent side in the forseeable future. B)

Well done mate...gold star for you! :icon_lol:

:angry:<_<

Got to see the funny side, it's dire hoping we'll start looking like a decent side in the forseeable future. B)

its depressing to think that even if we do manage to stay up, whats there gonna be to look forward to next season? without a new owner the future looks bleak as far as i can see <_<

We play Arsenal next Saturday, and we will have Beye and Guthrie back, Duff will have another weeks training under his belt and Owen got a good run out today, with the home advantage and a perfromance similar to the one against Man U i can really see us getting at least a point.

no chance

The games against Stoke City away, Portsmouth, Fulham and Boro at home are the games we NEED to win....those 12 points would be enough to keep us up in my opinion.

true. and if we don't get results those games, frankly we don't deserve to stay up

Edited by Dr Gloom

The shitness of others might still save us

i've never spent a season looking for other teams' results so much. i can't believe we're not in the bottom three. we've been that bad, it's hard to fathomthat there are at least 3 teams worse than us. hopefully that will still be the case come the end of may

Today's result wasn't the end of the world and other results went our way but it still felt a bit like a stay of execution to me.

would have been a perfect set of results today had we got 3 points

and this is why we are fucked tbh

if we can't beat the likes of hull we don't deserve to stay up

fact is were starting to worry about what happens elsewhere, which is always the sign of a team which isn't upto scratch

Starting to? :lol: I think I've been doing it since about October at least.

Everybody is relying on the idea we will beat Fulham, Boro and Pompey. Of those 3 Fulham can be a good team on the day and could be a tough game. We have also singularly failed to beat other shit teams at home this season. There is also the idea that because we don't have a bad record at Spurs that ones in the bag. The idea we will outfight Stoke on their ground is laughable.

If the 4 games against the good teams go as predicted we will get 36 points if we are very, very lucky - I think we won't and will go down.

Stoke bought Etherington to put crosses in and Beattie to finish them off. That might be enough to keep them up and sent us down.

The pair of them were £5.5m. How much would relegation cost us?

Good point

Boro were woeful today, as too were portmouth, stoke looking like they are falling apart and west brom are fucked.

Thats just the teams below us.

Blackburn were appauling albeit against a majestic arsenal side, hull were nothing special today and sunderland were apparently at there worst today too.

As iv said other teams result can help us but we have to take care of our own business.

Thats alot of games you seen today to know how bad they all were :lol:

Being serious though you missed one team out of that list.

Newcastle were fucking shit, again!

Ashley is determined to recoup every penny, thats we have made a a profit on transfers this season.

We may possibly stay up this season but we will be in the same situation nest season and the season after.

The best we can hope for is scraping about for enough points to avoid relegation, playing crap football, we will in fact be nowt better than the Boltons of this world, no chance of winning anything and grateful just to stay up.

Depressing

Everybody is relying on the idea we will beat Fulham, Boro and Pompey. Of those 3 Fulham can be a good team on the day and could be a tough game. We have also singularly failed to beat other shit teams at home this season. There is also the idea that because we don't have a bad record at Spurs that ones in the bag. The idea we will outfight Stoke on their ground is laughable.

If the 4 games against the good teams go as predicted we will get 36 points if we are very, very lucky - I think we won't and will go down.

This is about where I am now - struggling to see where we'll get the points we need from.

We're likely to lose aginst Arsenal, Chelsea, Dippers and Villa. Stoke's home form is much better than our away form, as is the spuds - they were getting turned over by anyone early in the season but that's not happening now. We have three winnable home games, Portsmouth, Smogs and Fulham, but you'd have to stick the old rose-tinteds on to see us winning all three. And if we don't win at least two of those I think it's goodnight Vienna.

8/9 points, if we're really lucky, might keep us up. I'm not even confident we'll get them :lol:

Didn't know we had only 28 pts at the same time last season (29 now), but still were 3 pts clear off the relegation zone.

I can't see us getting anything in the next two games, so if results go against us, we will be fucked. That means: Beat Stoke, or forget about it. We couldn't manage to beat the worst home side of the entire league yesterday, so how should we get all three points at a team with a decent home record?

I've always thought we will escape somehow, but at this point I fear the worst. We are really fucked.

Edited by KingKev