George Bests health

peasepud

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wish him any suffering or ill, but I'm just sorry that he's totally and utterly fucked up his second chance through his own selfishness and greed. That's the real shame.

Good.

49906[/snapback]

I take it your're very young Brock? How can you say good? you must be either a very unsympathetic person or just plain ignorant!

Yes he bought his illness on himself, he wasted his second chance which he was lucky to get, but he had a sickness, an addiction to alcohol which ruined his life. Do you think its easy to overcome that? Because i assure you its not, which is why millions of others experience the devastating effects of this addiction.

I couldnt say 'good' i dont want him to die, i feel really sorry for his family and those that care about him. It could be someone close to you, maybe you'd look on things alittle differently then.

I feel pity and sadness for him, and i try to remember what an incredibly talented footballer he was, one of the best of his time.

ill not shed a tear. I feel sorry for the family of the Liver donor though

49907[/snapback]

Why, do you think maybe they wanted it on the mantlepiece?

It's funny to see the same peoples differing reactions to alcoholism and depression, "selfish cunts, somebody might have needed those sleeping pills", doesn't sound quite right does it? It does make the criticism of J69's reactions a little hypocritical.

I know I'm a cunt about this, but I don't think he should've received his new liver due to his alcoholism. But at the same time, it pisses me off when I have to do PET scans on smokers with lung cancer that CONTINUE TO SMOKE! I also hate having to do cardiac scans on people that have had coronary artery bypass grafts that have continued to smoke and eat like shit.

Maybe I've started to become bitter and twisted about working in health care, but if you receive these life saving surgeries, especially those that get it all on the NHS, and then continue with the self-detructive behaviour then I have absolutely no sympathy and will just go through the motions when working with you.

I know I'm a cunt about this , but I don't think he should've received his new liver due to his alcoholism. But at the same time, it pisses me off when I have to do PET scans on smokers with lung cancer that CONTINUE TO SMOKE! I also hate having to do cardiac scans on people that have had coronary artery bypass grafts that have continued to smoke and eat like shit.

Maybe I've started to become bitter and twisted about working in health care, but if you receive these life saving surgeries, especially those that get it all on the NHS, and then continue with the self-detructive behaviour then I have absolutely no sympathy and will just go through the motions when working with you.

49965[/snapback]

As long as you know ;)

Edited by alex

I know I'm a cunt about this, but I don't think he should've received his new liver due to his alcoholism. But at the same time, it pisses me off when I have to do PET scans on smokers with lung cancer that CONTINUE TO SMOKE! I also hate having to do cardiac scans on people that have had coronary artery bypass grafts that have continued to smoke and eat like shit.

49965[/snapback]

So if you save a suicide victim first time out you should just leave them the next time they come in?

This is a side issue but if someone cuts their wrists and loses a lot of blood would they need a transfusion to save them?

It's easy to see where people are coming from, I'm not too sure about it myself but I don't get how an opinion about depression can be treated with such abhorrence and then alcoholism (pretty closely related) treated so differently. Where do we draw the line? Extreme sports injuries? 5 miles and hour over the speed limit?

Last time I checked, alcoholism was considered a disease.

49951[/snapback]

Yep!

I've known a couple of alcoholics and they were very troubled people. It wasn't some lazy choice just to go boozing the whole time. They had major psychological issues and were self medicating with alcohol.

I think it's very sad all round, both for George himself and the family of the donor.

49951[/snapback]

Yep!

I've known a couple of alcoholics and they were very troubled people. It wasn't some lazy choice just to go boozing the whole time. They had major psychological issues and were self medicating with alcohol.

I think it's very sad all round, both for George himself and the family of the donor.

49973[/snapback]

I would even go as far as to argue that a 'normal person' (in terms of alcoholic consumption) couldn't be an alcoholic even if they tried. If you or I tried to go on drinking binges all the time we'd probably last about 2-3 days. I think it's an awful disease/addiction, not least because it's so readily available everywhere.

49951[/snapback]

Yep!

49973[/snapback]

I would even go as far as to argue that a 'normal person' (in terms of alcoholic consumption) couldn't be an alcoholic even if they tried. If you or I tried to go on drinking binges all the time we'd probably last about 2-3 days. I think it's an awful disease/addiction, not least because it's so readily available everywhere.

49982[/snapback]

I agree. I don't know anyone who'd want to drink a bottle of spirits in the morning unless they were unbelievably unhappy.

The old clingon will get no sympathy off me, self inflicted.

No time for Plonkys, thats why i despise my own brother, other than the fact he shagged an old tramp in my bed when he looked after my house, shitbag!

Edited by Wacky Jnr

The old clingon will get no sympathy off me, self inflicted.

No time for Plonkys, thats why i despise my own brother, other than the fact he shagged an old tramp in my bed when he looked after my house, shitbag!

50011[/snapback]

;)

Wasn't just the bed though Wacky was it, it was the bath, the sofa, the kitchen worktop, they even had the cheeck to perform the Monroe Transfer on your water bed.

I'm sure Callum has done this to his fatha plenty of times, perhaps that's what's pushed Bestie back to the bottle after the op?

Wasn't just the bed though Wacky was it, it was the bath, the sofa, the kitchen worktop, they even had the cheeck to perform the Monroe Transfer on your water bed.

I'm sure Callum has done this to his fatha plenty of times, perhaps that's what's pushed Bestie back to the bottle after the op?

50031[/snapback]

Aye, but the bird Wacky Snr took back is no where near the standards what young Best pulls, fuck me if that was the case I'd be sniffing the covers not bagging and binning them.

P.S It's a mud bed wor kid, far superior to water beds

;)

Aye, but the bird Wacky Snr took back is no where near the standards what young Best pulls, fuck me if that was the case I'd be sniffing the covers not bagging and binning them.

P.S It's a mud bed wor kid, far superior to water beds

;)

50038[/snapback]

Was it a mud bed before the Monroe transfer?

A mud bed you say, ideal for storing the remains of a Monroe Transfer session!

Bet you can "wash the dog" in there nee botha too?  ;)

50048[/snapback]

Don't know about washing the dog but there's been plenty feeding the horse in there

:icon_lol: