Chopra answers his critics

zico martin

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair Luque has played LM for us so far hasnt he?

I reckon he's been bought for both if that makes any sense. On the left to replace Robert but an eye on the fact he can also play as a striker too...

50234[/snapback]

Of course it makes no sense, it's sensible!

I agree.

A left-sided attacker plays down the left, simple enough to understand I would have thought.

50212[/snapback]

Like Robert, you mean? Thanks. You've got it at last. It's like pulling teeth, son.

50217[/snapback]

Weren't you arguing that both Luque and Robert were left-sided midfielders rather than left-sided attackers though?

50223[/snapback]

You can label them whatever way you want.

What I was saying was that Luque was signed as a replacement for Robert. So whatever label you want to put on that feel free to do so. For myself, I don't care what you call them but to say someone is a 'striker' means a player like Shearer, or Owen.

50253[/snapback]

For me Owen and Shearer are totally different types of players, so I'm not sure I follow.

50256[/snapback]

Ho ho ho. I'll play along.......

The fact you don't follow is probably why you think Shearer, Owen and Luque are all strikers.

Has championship manager changed the concept of what a striker is?

Perhaps after a few years of championship manager, a player who plays as Robert does, you know, a left sided midfielder/attacker who provides for others, and scores goals as well, is now considered to be a striker in the mould of Shearer and Owen?

Edited by Howaythelads

A left-sided attacker plays down the left, simple enough to understand I would have thought.

50212[/snapback]

Like Robert, you mean? Thanks. You've got it at last. It's like pulling teeth, son.

50217[/snapback]

Weren't you arguing that both Luque and Robert were left-sided midfielders rather than left-sided attackers though?

50223[/snapback]

You can label them whatever way you want.

What I was saying was that Luque was signed as a replacement for Robert. So whatever label you want to put on that feel free to do so. For myself, I don't care what you call them but to say someone is a 'striker' means a player like Shearer, or Owen.

50253[/snapback]

For me Owen and Shearer are totally different types of players, so I'm not sure I follow.

50256[/snapback]

Ho ho ho. I'll play along.......

The fact you don't follow is probably why you think Shearer, Owen and Luque are all strikers.

Has championship manager changed the concept of what a striker is?

Perhaps after a few years of championship manager, a player who plays as Robert does, you know, a left sided midfielder/attacker who provides for others, and scores goals some as well, is now considered to be a striker in the mould of Shearer and Owen?

50265[/snapback]

come on now HTL I thought you were starting to calm down now :o

every body walk away , there's nothing to see, it was just a misunderstanding!

IF we had everyone fit, who reckons we'll play 4-3-3 for the majority and who reckons we'll play 4-4-2?

I think he might try 4-3-3 at home.

50231[/snapback]

Doh!

I'd suggest that if Mr Souness goes this route we'll be playing 4-5-1 more than 4-3-3.

Also, you claim he might play 4-3-3 at home. So does that mean you reckon he'll play 4-4-2 away and if so how is 4-3-3 going to be used for the majority of the time?

Edited by Howaythelads

That Jenas is a bling bastard.

50229[/snapback]

As racist as anything I've ever posted.

50266[/snapback]

So bling's a racist term then? :o

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50267[/snapback]

Exactly. Glad we agree that I haven't posted anything racist.

In his career, Luque has been used as a striker who favours the left hand side of the pitch due to the fact that he has an awesome left foot. He drops deeper than Shearer (much like Bellamy did :o) but never an out and out left winger.

I'm yet to see a quote provided from Souness saying that he was bought as a replacement for Robert. I've seen him say that he will offer us more threat down the left (bearing in mind that he does favour the left hand side striker position) but never that he will be playing on the left wing.

I can't understand what this debate is about anyway. Luque IS a striker. If Souness plays him on the left wing rather than up front then he'll confirm that he is in fact an idiot (although that's already been confirmed plenty of times).

I'm no fan of Souness at all, but I'm a huge fan of Luque from his time in Spain. If we don't use him properly then he's going to look out of his depth (would anyone really put a striker on the wing? :o)

In his career, Luque has been used as a striker who favours the left hand side of the pitch due to the fact that he has an awesome left foot. He drops deeper than Shearer (much like Bellamy did :o) but never an out and out left winger.

I'm yet to see a quote provided from Souness saying that he was bought as a replacement for Robert. I've seen him say that he will offer us more threat down the left (bearing in mind that he does favour the left hand side striker position) but never that he will be playing on the left wing.

I can't understand what this debate is about anyway. Luque IS a striker. If Souness plays him on the left wing rather than up front then he'll confirm that he is in fact an idiot (although that's already been confirmed plenty of times).

I'm no fan of Souness at all, but I'm a huge fan of Luque from his time in Spain. If we don't use him properly then he's going to look out of his depth (would anyone really put a striker on the wing? :o)

50284[/snapback]

Can I add fuel to the fire by saying I think he's equally comfortable with his right foot and has in the past played on the right side of midfield! :o

I think I do remember Souness saying something along those lines, I just assumed that was him being bitter and twisted, as usual.

IF we had everyone fit, who reckons we'll play 4-3-3 for the majority and who reckons we'll play 4-4-2?

50231[/snapback]

Doh!

I'd suggest that if Mr Souness goes this route we'll be playing 4-5-1 more than 4-3-3.

Also, you claim he might play 4-3-3 at home. So does that mean you reckon he'll play 4-4-2 away and if so how is 4-3-3 going to be used for the majority of the time?

50269[/snapback]

First up, i'm guessing at what Souness might do not what i'd do. I think he think's 4-3-3 is a more attacking formation, so does Johan Cruyff by the way. So i think he might try 4-3-3 more at home and maybe away if he thinks he can or if he needs to come back from a goal down.

Personally i was interested to see how 4-3-3 might work but after watching the highlights of Manure against Spurs (1st half Manure playing 4-4-2) reminded of how sweet it is to watch an attacking team play 4-4-2 properly.

Right now i just care about the results so whatever formation they line up in won't overly concern me as long as we get the points.

People say Chelsea are boring but i reckon their fans get plenty of entertainment just looking at the table nevermind going to the match!

50231[/snapback]

Doh!

50269[/snapback]

First up, i'm guessing at what Souness might do not what i'd do. I think he think's 4-3-3 is a more attacking formation, so does Johan Cruyff by the way. So i think he might try 4-3-3 more at home and maybe away if he thinks he can or if he needs to come back from a goal down.

Personally i was interested to see how 4-3-3 might work but after watching the highlights of Manure against Spurs (1st half Manure playing 4-4-2) reminded of how sweet it is to watch an attacking team play 4-4-2 properly.

Right now i just care about the results so whatever formation they line up in won't overly concern me as long as we get the points.

People say Chelsea are boring but i reckon their fans get plenty of entertainment just looking at the table nevermind going to the match!

50289[/snapback]

Yes, but Cruijf does believe in wingers...

Supporting HTL's argument, straight from the horse's mouth piece.

NUFC official website

50410[/snapback]

well I'll be damned, but dont start spending your winnings just yet HTL, perhaps they're wrong as well :o

50414[/snapback]

Maybe if it was posted on the nufc.com website people would believe it. Some on here do fawn all over those lot, don't they.