Stephen Hawking

Ketsbaia

... no a mentalist means you're mental..

don't use the tv show as an indication of what the term means.

?what tv show? :D

The Mentalist ??

ha ha. never heard of it. Is it on some shit channel like 5? cos if it is, there you go then.

Hmmmmm - you allude the name 'Mentalist' to mind reading and then just happen to guess that it's on Five....?

I don't believe you've never heard of it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... no a mentalist means you're mental..

don't use the tv show as an indication of what the term means.

?what tv show? :D

The Mentalist ??

ha ha. never heard of it. Is it on some shit channel like 5? cos if it is, there you go then.

Hmmmmm - you allude the name 'Mentalist' to mind reading and then just happen to guess that it's on Five....?

I don't believe you've never heard of it.

Seriously on 5? Fuck me I must be psychic then.

What Is Mentalism?

Mentalism is the art of appearing to have supernatural or extrasensory mind-based powers. These include mind reading, psychokinesis, telekinesis, pedagogary, fortune telling, remote vision, and more.

Through the ages, mentalist effects have been used to convince the unwary the mentalist is a person of special powers. A magician is much more likely to frighten simple natives by apparently peering deep within their soul than by pulling a nickel out of their ear. If you want to start a religion, then you could do worse than bone up on a few mentalism effects.

Now let's learn the secrets behind some of the most popular feats of mentalism!

I just did a fop and fuckin' googled it to find out what one was, it said nowt about a program.

a) You thought mentalist meant psychic.

2) There's a tv show called mentalist that has a psychic as the protagonist.

iii) You knew what channel it was/is on.

Now, I'm not mentalist, but I'd reckon 1+1=2

a) You thought mentalist meant psychic.

2) There's a tv show called mentalist that has a psychic as the protagonist.

iii) You knew what channel it was/is on.

Now, I'm not mentalist, but I'd reckon 1+1=2

and you just named 3 things so I guess as maths is not your forte, neither is deductive reasoning.

just surprised that despite mentalist being common nomenclature for a mental fella, you'd go for psychic instead.

Cos I've only ever heard it used on here, like the word munter, I'd never come across that before either, but munter makes me giggle.

Hey if I've never heard of something I'll google it to find out what you freaky lot are on about.

I'm a simple creature you know, I'd kinda led a sheltered life til wacky came along.... :D

forget the surprise about the mentalist saga.. I'm shocked you've never heard munter.

Haven't sorry. It musn't have filtered its way to gosforth yet. Its probably too busy figuring out how to get out the byker wall.

Na sorry, honestly never heard it til it was used on here, but then again, few people call you names to your face do they?!

forget the surprise about the mentalist saga.. I'm shocked you've never heard munter.

Haven't sorry. It musn't have filtered its way to gosforth yet. Its probably too busy figuring out how to get out the byker wall.

Na sorry, honestly never heard it til it was used on here, but then again, few people call you names to your face do they?!

I would :D

Have they tried turning him off and back on?

:D

That joke was on the front of the Metro this morning which i thought was a bit harsh of them.

I was looking forward to posting it on here though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8008767.stm

Great mind. Frankly amazing he has lived for as long as he has.

I read his biography and he wasn't expected to live long enough to complete his PhD when he was diagnosed. Most people would fall apart at that stage but he has always remained driven and used his abilities to their maximum, to his enormous credit. Mind, some of the physicists I know don't 'rate' him and claim he has used his disability as a sympathy vote to further his career. Sounds like massively sour grapes to me like.

:razz::D:razz::D :D :D

Oh great, yet another thread that turns into the same boring shite. :D

And in such an appropriate location for it too. :razz:

Shame what may well turn out to be an obituary thread for arguably the greatest British physicist in a generation has been reduced to this like.

Oh great, yet another thread that turns into the same boring shite. :D

And in such an appropriate location for it too. :razz:

Shame what may well turn out to be an obituary thread for arguably the greatest British physicist in a generation has been reduced to this like.

He's nae Newton like.

Edited by Happy Face

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8008767.stm

Great mind. Frankly amazing he has lived for as long as he has.

I read his biography and he wasn't expected to live long enough to complete his PhD when he was diagnosed. Most people would fall apart at that stage but he has always remained driven and used his abilities to their maximum, to his enormous credit. Mind, some of the physicists I know don't 'rate' him and claim he has used his disability as a sympathy vote to further his career. Sounds like massively sour grapes to me like.

:razz::D :D :D :D :icon_lol:

Alex? Aesop? :razz: