The insane optimism thread ...

Geordiejihad

Some reasons not to despair ...

1. Boro Pompey and Fulham ..have shit away records

2. Hull are dropping like a stone...

3. Maybe now Shearer will see that 4 3 3 is the only way to go

4. Barton on the way back

5. By the time we play Villa they will have nothing left to play for.

6. Weathers been nice these past couple of days innit : )

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
Some reasons not to despair ...

1. Boro Pompey and Fulham ..have shit away records

2. Hull are dropping like a stone...

3. Maybe now Shearer will see that 4 3 3 is the only way to go

4. Barton on the way back

5. By the time we play Villa they will have nothing left to play for.

6. Weathers been nice these past couple of days innit : )

Good lad. LETS

We have won 6 matches all season but last year Fulham stayed up on 36 points so you never know.

And look at how they kicked on this year. :D

Edit: With the right manager.

Edited by ewerk

What we really need is rid of the out of towners. Leave it to the real supporters, the proper Geordies to support the team. Lads n lasses from Wallsend, Benton, scotswood, kenton etc People from the region for the region.

No passion in the out of towners eh. :D

It's difficult to know what the chances are as you don't know what Hull and Sunderland will do between now and the end of the season. My gut feeling is Hull will nick a result from somewhere, they might even take something from Man United on the final day. Sunderland have a tough run in and could yet be dragged back down, it's concievable West Brom could beat them which would then leave them in big trouble :D

One thing is for sure we need to win at least 2 home games and either win at Villa Park or win all 3 home games. I've already writted off Anfield. I still think we'll do it. I think we'll get something on the final day and that will be enough, just.

It's a testament to how far we have fallen when the insane optimism thread discusses the possibility of us staying in the division.

To be fair we are down, we need to win 3 games to give us a 5 point lead of the mackems and hope they don't pickup 5 points from their remaining 5 games

its simply not gonna happen, if the Mackems win 2 games and hull nick a result we are down even if we do win those 3 games

It's difficult to know what the chances are as you don't know what Hull and Sunderland will do between now and the end of the season. My gut feeling is Hull will nick a result from somewhere, they might even take something from Man United on the final day. Sunderland have a tough run in and could yet be dragged back down, it's concievable West Brom could beat them which would then leave them in big trouble :D

One thing is for sure we need to win at least 2 home games and either win at Villa Park or win all 3 home games. I've already writted off Anfield. I still think we'll do it. I think we'll get something on the final day and that will be enough, just.

That concerns me as well, Brown and Fergie seem to be pals.

Hopefully Liverpool keep winning so there is something to play for on the last day.

It's a testament to how far we have fallen when the insane optimism thread discusses the possibility of us staying in the division.

To be fair we are down, we need to win 3 games to give us a 5 point lead of the mackems and hope they don't pickup 5 points from their remaining 5 games

its simply not gonna happen, if the Mackems win 2 games and hull nick a result we are down even if we do win those 3 games

Oi! The thread title is Insane Optimism, not Glaring Reality

Keep up eh? :D

Eh, if we win three games and Hull nick A result I guarentee we will not go down.

I'm at the stage now where I'm so pessimistic that I'd settle for us going into the last game of the season with a fighting chance.

Eh, if we win three games and Hull nick A result I guarentee we will not go down.

You could of gone with the "mackems are 5 points clear already" we have to take 9 points over the next 5 games and hope that other results go our way (if we don't get 3 points against Boro, guarantee we are down)