The Boxing thread

Jimbo

• 2 months later...

Albert's dead, isn't he? The biggest fight in years and he's nowhere to be seen.

RIP Albert

Pouring Austin Powers GIF

• Haha 4

a lot of chatter that fury has shed too many pounds for this fight and he won't be able to use his weight advantage to lean down on usyk in the clinch like he did to good effect against wilder 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

a lot of chatter that fury has shed too many pounds for this fight and he won't be able to use his weight advantage to lean down on usyk in the clinch like he did to good effect against wilder 

It wouldn't have worked nearly as well against Usyk anyway as he's not going to stand still and windmill, hoping for the best. Less weight probably means he can be slightly quicker than normal - which he'll need. I still think Usyk outboxes him though, so it could be an interesting (yet dull as fuck) fight.

Just now, Gemmill said:

What time's kick off? 

The ring walks are expected for 11pm, but it'll depend on how long the undercard matches go and the olympic ceremony bollocks the saudis like to do before the main events. So it could end up nearer to 3 in the morning :lol:

• Haha 1

I think I saw that they're doing a replay at 10 on Sunday morning, I'll probs just end up watching that. Obviously after I've woken up and completely forgotten about the fight and accidentally found out the result. 

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Albert's dead, isn't he? The biggest fight in years and he's nowhere to be seen.

RIP Albert

Pouring Austin Powers GIF

Careful

Its Showtime Halloween GIF by Death Wish Coffee

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I hope im wrong but Im expecting a boring, no knockdowns and a SD points win. 

That's what I am expecting - Except I fully expect a bent decision with the scores that leads to a draw and forces a shitfest rematch no one wants.

Unless Fury can knock Usyk down I expect Usyk to outbox/score him as he's the superior technician IMO, but the judges will still score it evenly.

Bookmark this to royally mock me on Sunday morning when I get this immensely wrong :lol:

Has to be unanimous this, if it’s not it’s fucking proof positive that boxing is bent fucking sideways.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamTaylor5 said:

That is a disgrace. 

At least he won it. But anyone scoring Fury ahead there was paid off. Fury won four rounds max.

• Like 1

Apart from 2 rounds, how could you call it any other way? The two rounds Fury was on top, I genuinely saw no way back for Usyk. However, there is no way he got more than 3 of the 12 rounds.

• Like 1

“They are siding with the country at war”

What a complete cunt he is. Just be gracious in defeat you fat prick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

“They are siding with the country at war”

What a complete cunt he is. Just be gracious in defeat you fat prick.

It was still better than AJ's melt down. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

It was still better than AJ's melt down. 

No where near as funny though :lol:

• Haha 3

On 15/05/2024 at 13:51, Holden McGroin said:

I hope im wrong but Im expecting a boring, no knockdowns and a SD points win. 

You got some of it right

On 15/05/2024 at 14:43, Dazzler said:

That's what I am expecting - Except I fully expect a bent decision with the scores that leads to a draw and forces a shitfest rematch no one wants.

Unless Fury can knock Usyk down I expect Usyk to outbox/score him as he's the superior technician IMO, but the judges will still score it evenly.

Bookmark this to royally mock me on Sunday morning when I get this immensely wrong :lol:

You weren't far away. But the right fighter won in the end.

A replay is of course nailed on.

• Like 1