Lovenkrands wouldnt mind staying

Marko

He has pace and knows where the goal is, should be good enough to have in the squad.

Done well, given he joined a club in self-destruct mode, has already played for 3 managers and hadnt played much before joining us. We need to use him on the break more, there should be no issue playing him out wide either.

After Jonas's horrible display on monday, i'd be tempted to start him tomorrow, although another part of me would want to get Jonas back out there to atone for the performance.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in terms of return on investment, they are both far superior to most of our squad which is why we should keep Lovenkrands. Same reason I think having a go at Harper is ridiculous.

Geremi, Smith, Owen, Barton etc those players are the real problem. Owen's inclusion is a little unfair in some ways but he's paid almost double what anyone else is getting.

We can't carry players on such massive contracts anymore and I'd rather see us sign two players on £30k a week than one on £60k simply because our squad's too small and also because high wages don't always go hand in hand with great performances.

We've probably had the worst return per pound of any club in history. :o

All very true. It's our massive wage bill that's killing us and makes Ashley so miserly with his money in the first place.

So just because he's cheap, he's not as shite??? (for asprilla not the guy doin' 90)

Fuck me, if that's all it takes that's us sorted for great players next season then!

A spectacular miss of my point. Well done. :o

No your point wasn't missed, it was just dismissed for the shit it was :D

Nope.

What you're guilty of is a non sequitur. :o

He has pace and knows where the goal is, should be good enough to have in the squad.

Done well, given he joined a club in self-destruct mode, has already played for 3 managers and hadnt played much before joining us. We need to use him on the break more, there should be no issue playing him out wide either.

After Jonas's horrible display on monday, i'd be tempted to start him tomorrow, although another part of me would want to get Jonas back out there to atone for the performance.

Start LoveK.

But in terms of return on investment, they are both far superior to most of our squad which is why we should keep Lovenkrands. Same reason I think having a go at Harper is ridiculous.

Geremi, Smith, Owen, Barton etc those players are the real problem. Owen's inclusion is a little unfair in some ways but he's paid almost double what anyone else is getting.

We can't carry players on such massive contracts anymore and I'd rather see us sign two players on £30k a week than one on £60k simply because our squad's too small and also because high wages don't always go hand in hand with great performances.

We've probably had the worst return per pound of any club in history. :lol:

All very true. It's our massive wage bill that's killing us and makes Ashley so miserly with his money in the first place.

So just because he's cheap, he's not as shite??? (for asprilla not the guy doin' 90)

Fuck me, if that's all it takes that's us sorted for great players next season then!

A spectacular miss of my point. Well done. :o

No your point wasn't missed, it was just dismissed for the shit it was :D

Nope.

What you're guilty of is a non sequitur. :o

:o

Fuck where's Gemmill when you need him?

Guest alex

Basically, if Lovenkrands stays and he's anything other than a squad player, it'll probably mean we've gone down.

Basically, if Lovenkrands stays and he's anything other than a squad player, it'll probably mean we've gone down.

This, asprillia, fucking this!

Oh but it will be ok because he hasn't cost the club much.

Edited by sammynb

This, asprillia, fucking this!

Oh but it will be ok because he hasn't cost the club much.

Jesus you're a bright one! :razz:

Please show me where I said that we should build our team around Lovenkrands.... :rolleyes:

I'll explain my point once more for the benefit of the comprehensionally challenged. :P

We have FAR bigger problems than worrying about whether or not useful utility players get new contracts. Our squad is tiny and we regularly have 4 or 5 players on at least £50k a week sitting on the treatment table. That's a quarter of a million quid a WEEK wasted.

The kind of players we have paid out the big money for, have often been disappointing. Just because someone gets paid the same as Ryan Giggs, doesn't mean they're as good as Ryan Giggs. We are now in the shit...and unless someone comes in and really wants to invest we're going to need players like Lovenkrands who are unfashionable and unglamorous but do a job and don't spend half their life banned or in prison.

We've built a team full of expensive players thinking that somehow we're guaranteed to do better than other teams who spend their money more carefully. Our position at the foot of the table ensures that any future big money signings are likely to have suspect motives for coming and that's why players "like" Lovenkrands are necessary for the short term.

And?

Fucking hell man don't be as dense as that spuds supporting cunt.

Everyone here can see what you keep repeating (like a bad curry I might add) it does not justify signing and resigning shite players like Lovenkrands.

If you can't see that the biggest problem with the team isn't the players we have, it's the lack of players we don't have to compliment them.

Think about it, over the last four seasons we have sold all our players with pace and replaced them with what?

Oba "not fucking good enough" Martins and Peter "soft as shite" Lovenkrands, great just great.

And?

Everyone here can see what you keep repeating (like a bad curry I might add) it does not justify signing and resigning shite players like Lovenkrands.

If you can't see that the biggest problem with the team isn't the players we have, it's the lack of players we don't have to compliment them.

Think about it, over the last four seasons we have sold all our players with pace and replaced them with what?

Oba "not fucking good enough" Martins and Peter "soft as shite" Lovenkrands, great just great.

I don't have time for an ad nauseum circular argument with a basement warrior....but if you think Ashley's about to sign loads of top players on big money then you're in for a shock.

As somebody said he's free, already settled in at the club and our team is woefully lacking in any pace whatsoever. Also he has managed 3 goals in a team with no midfield creativity whatsoever and sometimes being out wide rather than upfront.

Obviously we'd like some top class signings to come in but how likely is that, and even if it does happen we still need squad players and i'd be happy to see him get a year or two here.

We will have fuck all to spend and practically need a whole new midfield. Makes sense to keep him, he is a decent player with pace and will score the odd goal. Will be useful coming off the bench running at tired defenders. He gives us a different option.

In an ideal world we would get rid and sign some up and coming youngster for £5m to blood in but in all likelyhood that amount will probably be half our transfer budget (still slightly wishful thinking).

It'd be daft to let him go really, if he wants to stay that is. We've got a small enough squad as it is without letting any more go.

And?

I don't have time for an ad nauseum circular argument with a basement warrior....but if you think Ashley's about to sign loads of top players on big money then you're in for a shock.

No of course you don't have time, you're too busy writing all those classic top 40 pop songs.

Lovenkrands is shit, you're an idiot and Ashley's a cunt - does that make it clear?!??

Howay man lads, I appreciate you're both tense, but easy now :razz:

So what he's the wigwam and I'm the teepee? :P

By the way those advocating Lovenkrands being kept, the man is a puff. He gets subbed because he hurts himself running into the advertising boards, he gets carted off to hospital because he's winded.

The man is goos enough to be a sub and a sub only at best and then you better hope he doesn't break a nail if we've had all three subs. He's got nee fookin heart, is that why you like him Asprillia old chap?

And?

No of course you don't have time, you're too busy writing all those classic top 40 pop songs.

Lovenkrands is shit, you're an idiot and Ashley's a cunt - does that make it clear?!??

Why are you bothered what I do with my time? Stick to your own dreams and I'll stick to mine.

Lovenkrands is better than several players in our squad and didn't cost us anything, I'm such an idiot that I live in the South of France with my gorgeous woman and write music for a living and yes Ashley's a cunt. :razz:

Guest alex
And?

Why are you bothered what I do with my time? Stick to your own dreams and I'll stick to mine.

Lovenkrands is better than several players in our squad and didn't cost us anything, I'm such an idiot that I live in the South of France with my gorgeous woman and write music for a living and yes Ashley's a cunt. :P

Pictures please. :razz:

Stop arguing you two, you're both sound.

And?

Lovenkrands is better than several players in our squad and didn't cost us anything, I'm such an idiot that I live in the South of France with my gorgeous woman and write music for a living and yes Ashley's a cunt. :rolleyes:

I'm done. Ok, here's pics...I bet you didn't think I'd post any! :P

IMGP1088.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

And?

Lovenkrands is better than several players in our squad and didn't cost us anything, I'm such an idiot that I live in the South of France with my gorgeous woman and write music for a living and yes Ashley's a cunt. :P

I'm done. Ok, here's pics...I bet you didn't think I'd post any! :rolleyes:

IMGP1088.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

Obviously she's got no taste.

She's playing a strat ffs :P

Tbf, you get some puffs who are nails :razz:

Betty Handbag was a North Shields legend. Anyone who fucked with him/her did so at their extreme peril (or so it was said). There was always a story knocking around the bars about Betty chinning someone or other. Sadly, I never saw the legend in action myself.