Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The Gentlemen on Netflix was surprisingly decent. 7/10

The Old Man. 6/10

Shogun (episode 5 out today, not yet watched) 8/10 so far. Would have been a higher rating if it wasnt for Cosmo Jarvis' silly accent.

He seems to be doing Tom Hardy from taboo impersonation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Exactly what I said to my mate. I knew it was a Tom Hardy accent he was copying but couldn't remember which, I thought it was his Bronson accent but aye it's definitely Taboo. Shame like as its the only negative of the show so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Which in turn seemed to be a Papa Lazarou impression 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alex said:

I quite like her but when she’s  presenting on that show the lines she delivers are so forced it’s painful to watch a lot of the time

Genuinely couldn’t stand more than 2 episodes of the Taskmaster series she was on. And that’s some going considering there’s only ever 2 funny people on it at any one time 

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Genuinely couldn’t stand more than 2 episodes of the Taskmaster series she was on. And that’s some going considering there’s only ever 2 funny people on it at any one time 

Ive never really watched Taskmaster. I quite like only connect though. And she comes  across well I think when I’ve seen her on panel shows. But the scripted ‘comedy’ stuff on only connect is genuinely painfully cringeworthy :lol: 

The earlier seasons of Taskmaster were fantastic but I think they’ve exhausted the pool of decent contestants they’re capable of getting so it’s gone downhill massively with the likes of Julian Clary and Sue Perkins.

8 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The Gentlemen on Netflix was surprisingly decent. 7/10

The Old Man. 6/10

Shogun (episode 5 out today, not yet watched) 8/10 so far. Would have been a higher rating if it wasnt for Cosmo Jarvis' silly accent.

Episode 5 very good. 

20 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Greg Davies and Alex Horne?

• Haha 1

Taskmaster is class. I watch it with my kids and they love it. Alex Horne is a funny little oddball genius - a great British comedy eccentric. The Horne Section is great too 

• Like 1

Got about half an hour into 20 days in Mauripol last night. It’s clearly brilliant filmmaking but I wasn’t in the frame of mind for it. It’s absolutely gut wrenching 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 10:41, Dr Gloom said:

Got about half an hour into 20 days in Mauripol last night. It’s clearly brilliant filmmaking but I wasn’t in the frame of mind for it. It’s absolutely gut wrenching 

Hard init? But I think stuff like this needs to be seen. It shows what war is.

• Like 1

The Road.  (2009)

A post-apocalyptic world that is terrifying because this is what will probably happen.

Don't watch it if you're a soft shite.

21 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

The Road.  (2009)

A post-apocalyptic world that is terrifying because this is what will probably happen.

Don't watch it if you're a soft shite.

God I love(d) Cormac McCarthy. 

• Like 1