Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

There’s definitely elements of McCarthy in my posting style. 

I'm more Chaucer with a soupçon of Irvine Welsh and Bamber Gascoigne. :good:

• Haha 3

New Netflix documentary called Turning Point about the Cold War. I don't think its teaching me anything new* but its a canny watch nonetheless and a history refresher. Plots the relationship between Russia and the West from the revolution to Putin, 9 1 hour episodes. 

* Other than Marx was German not Russian, the CIA are/were even more useless than I had supposed, and Gorby's wife was quite the groin stirrer when they met. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2024 at 09:21, Gemmill said:

I watched it. This is a pretty good summary.

Off to see Pesky Paul tomorrow. 

Finished Constellation on Apple, featuring Mike from Breaking Bad. Was one of these annoying Sci Fi series which looked great to begin with, then by halfway it descends into pseudoscience bollocks, but by that time it's too late to give up, you just hope there is some plot twist to redeem itself. But no, the last two episodes are rancid and make no sense at all. How the fuck does shit like this get past the throw the script in the bin stage? 

The last ever Curb Your Enthusiasm was good. Only spoiled by the appearance of that unfunny cunt Seinfeld, and presumably some inside jokes that people that couldn't bear that shite would have missed. 

Rest of it was good though. 

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The last ever Curb Your Enthusiasm was good. Only spoiled by the appearance of that unfunny cunt Seinfeld, and presumably some inside jokes that people that couldn't bear that shite would have missed. 

Rest of it was good though. 

Haven't seen it yet. My guess is giving the storyline so far the ending will relate to the ending of Seinfeld, which was undoubtedly and undeniably a great ending.

Have you got a favourite Curb episode now it's finished? 

Edited by Renton

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Have you got a favourite Curb episode now it's finished? 

I like the one where he’s in a seemingly innocuous situation and  somehow, something gets misconstrued, leading to him and others shouting over each other. 

Later, at a lunch with his shouty mates, and maybe some celebrity guest, they shout some more. 

Eventually he realises he fucked up. 

0*7Mf93wCfJXKsS2Q4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I am not going to get triggered by that.

Started Shogun and it’s good but would be much improved if they got white lads to play the Japanese lads and do hilariously racist accents IMO

The middle episodes dragged on a bit but the most recent one had a bit of a kick to it.

Amy Winehouse: The Day She Came To Dingle on iPlayer is quality. Footage of her brilliant acoustic performance there plus talking about her influences with some class archive footage 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Amy Winehouse: The Day She Came To Dingle on iPlayer is quality. Footage of her brilliant acoustic performance there plus talking about her influences with some class archive footage 👍🏻

It’s really good- as you say, some of the performances of singers she cites as influences are incredible, the Carleen Anderson one doing Don’t Look Back in Anger is sublime. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...