Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

TGTBATU is probably the best film ever made too.  To have watched just one Marvel film before it, is quite frankly ridiculous.

I'm quite enjoying the new Star Trek.  I like the change in format to an ongoing story and I like the fact that it's took me to the forth episode to realise the head engineer bloke is the nerdy kid of Dazed And Confused.  The fact that the technology available to the studio is way in advance of the what was available to even TNG makes it feel like the technology they have on this ship is greater but I don't think they've been out of sync with anything yet.  The Klingons don't all have cloaking technology.  I think that's been the big thing so far to show that this point in time is less advanced.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

So you've watched pretty much all of the Marvel/DC movies but never seen any of the Dollars trilogy? Sort your life out.

Worst thing is I've got them all, just never got round to watching them. 

Might find a weekend when I'm on my todd, make some cowboy food (refried beans and the like), drink some American beers, then smoke cigars and drink some bourbon while watching all three.

Might wear a stetson and chaps as well.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: You should've just blamed the 'Mag at work' for duff information. 

:lol:

"Fucking Dummettgate all over again lads, sorry"

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

TGTBATU is probably the best film ever made too.  To have watched just one Marvel film before it, is quite frankly ridiculous.

I'm quite enjoying the new Star Trek.  I like the change in format to an ongoing story and I like the fact that it's took me to the forth episode to realise the head engineer bloke is the nerdy kid of Dazed And Confused.  The fact that the technology available to the studio is way in advance of the what was available to even TNG makes it feel like the technology they have on this ship is greater but I don't think they've been out of sync with anything yet.  The Klingons don't all have cloaking technology.  I think that's been the big thing so far to show that this point in time is less advanced.

For something pre-Kirk to have the replicators, the floaty intangible interactive screens, 3D holographic skype calls...

Like I said, it jars a little.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Worst thing is I've got them all, just never got round to watching them. 

Might find a weekend when I'm on my todd, make some cowboy food (refried beans and the like), drink some American beers, then smoke cigars and drink some bourbon while watching all three.

Might wear a stetson and chaps as well.

turtle-cartoon-mascot.jpg

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

turtle-cartoon-mascot.jpg

Listen, you can't just swan in here, drop a jpeg and fuck off again. 

Honestly, you're like a deadbeat dad sometimes.

On 08/10/2017 at 9:14 PM, TheGingerQuiff said:

Anyone watching Louis Theroux? 

"What should I call you? Petty? Or Betty?" :lol:

Yeah man, anybody else notice how Colo's career has taken a down turn since leaving us? 

tapatalk_1507666991208.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Tooj said:

Aye man, that and the gabapentin. No doubt my liver is ruined. 

Ouch. I'm on the sick ATM, just paracetamol and ibuprofen for sciatica, I only went to the the doctors about that and something else and now I'm on the sick for stress. 'Up-a-height' were his words? :lol:

I'm totally with Larry on the hotels that tuck the sheets into the bed. What the fuck is that all about?

Buck Dancer :lol:

that colo lookalike on the Louis doc was weirdly at peace with his smack habit. Wonder how much of it was front for the camera, given he's living in a tent, or if he genuinely is content with seeing his days out getting wasted.

23 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ouch. I'm on the sick ATM, just paracetamol and ibuprofen for sciatica, I only went to the the doctors about that and something else and now I'm on the sick for stress. 'Up-a-height' were his words? :lol:

Just don't let them see your posts on here. ;)

Watched the first of the Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams.  Was looking forward to it as I was impressed with Black Mirror which was also on Channel 4 and had some nods to PKD's work. I'm also a massive fan of his stuff but I wasn't disappointed and it was also good to get a look at what post-Brexit Britain will look like.

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

For something pre-Kirk to have the replicators, the floaty intangible interactive screens, 3D holographic skype calls...

Like I said, it jars a little.

Surely it would jar more to have a series made in 2017 and set in the future with technology inferior to what we currently have?  Those things you mention are virtually with us now.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Watched the first of the Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams.  Was looking forward to it as I was impressed with Black Mirror which was also on Channel 4 and had some nods to PKD's work. I'm also a massive fan of his stuff but I wasn't disappointed and it was also good to get a look at what post-Brexit Britain will look like.

I've watched the first three episodes and while I was a bit disappointed with the first couple (because of my expectations rather than them being poor) I've still enjoyed them.  The third episode with Timothy Spall is the best and most Black Mirror ish of the three.

New season of Black Mirror is due in December I believe.

Just now, David Kelly said:

I've watched the first three episodes and while I was a bit disappointed with the first couple (because of my expectations rather than them being poor) I've still enjoyed them.  The third episode with Timothy Spall is the best and most Black Mirror ish of the three.

New season of Black Mirror is due in December I believe.

I note Buscemi is in the fourth Electric Dreams. Didn't realise they were making a new series of Black Mirror.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I note Buscemi is in the fourth Electric Dreams. Didn't realise they were making a new series of Black Mirror.

Aye I've restarted Better Call Saul the last couple of days so I've not watched it yet.  But I'll probably finish that tonight and watch Electric Dreams too.

Aye, Jodie Foster is directing the first one of the new season apparently.

Just now, David Kelly said:

Aye I've restarted Better Call Saul the last couple of days so I've not watched it yet.  But I'll probably finish that tonight and watch Electric Dreams too.

Aye, Jodie Foster is directing the first one of the new season apparently.

Better Call Saul is worth sticking with like.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Better Call Saul is worth sticking with like.

I'd watched the first couple of episodes of season 3 when they were first shown but then got distracted with Twin Peaks, Game Of Thrones and re watching The Sopranos.  So I've just watched the last couple of Fargo's and so last night when I got in after five a side I thought I stick episode 3 on.  I ended sitting up until 1 watching it and then watched episode 7 this morning.  The lead up to and fall out from Jimmy's Bar Association hearing was excellent.

55 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Surely it would jar more to have a series made in 2017 and set in the future with technology inferior to what we currently have?  Those things you mention are virtually with us now.

If the Star Trek universe is assumed to be a future version of ours. e.g. Marvel is mostly set in the here and now, yet thanks to Stark the world has tech that's not available now, the Winter Soldier has had a robotic arm since WW2, and so on.

In the ST universe, 3D holographic video conferencing were apparently commonplace pre-Kirk. As were replicators and so on.