How's everyone feeling leading up to Sunday?

dbsweeney

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pretty much given up hope of us staying up too. can't see us getting a draw.

and yet this is going to hurt more than relegation in the 80s because we have more to lose this time. we genuinely have the potential and the facilities now to compete at the top of the premier league but conversely, going down - because of the financial implications these days - could hurt us even more than last time.

i wish it was all just over

Its the hope thats the killer.

Rationally I know we are doomed - before Shearer came back I was reconciled to it

After the Fulham game my hope had been extinguished.

and yet....how fucking great would it feel to stay up. More than likely Hull and Sunderland will both lose, Villa are in a tailspin..we are actually due a bit of luck.

If it was any other team you could bet your house on Michael Owen finally coming good. The script is written

HOWAY THE LADS

I watched 'Secretary' the other night as it happens.

what is that alex?

It's a film about a lass who self harms and gains fulfilment when she becomes a secretary and her slightly sadistic boss smacks her arse a lot.

Saw that a while ago, slightly freaky I thought. Unless you're into that sort of thing :lol:

regarding Sunday, I'm quite relaxed in a way. Seen it before. Don't want it to happen but I'm taking a "its going to happen stance", made out to the lads down the pub that I'm expecting it, so the blow won't appear to be so colossal

. we genuinely have the potential and the facilities now to compete at the top of the premier league

i wish it was all just over

I absolutely disagree with you. (except the wish it was all over bit!)

our training pitches are a different surface to the standard pitches. how can a team prepare properly without identical pitches for home games.

our medical diagnosis and treatment facilities aren't up to the job (hence too many injuries for this season (and most previous seasons))....

our scouting network is shite. collocini... gonzalez etc etc etc....

our first team and reserves aren't good enough (justified by our league position)

our manager is inexperienced ( but i do think he has enough savvy to get us going long term)

the chairman and board of directors are corrupt lieing impulsive gits. that don't want to spend money.

other than that we are all good eh?

I'm excited and relieved. As a neutral, I can't wait for the drama to unfold (sorry), but I am relieved as we are not involved. We'd already be relegated if Paul Ince was still at my club.

On an unrelated note, SSN had something about Sunderland and interviewed a male manicurist at a hairdressers in an old style Sunderland shirt. Check out the comedy hair and eyebrows.

Whenever I see footage of Shearer or the team on SSN, I shudder and have a great sense of anxiety, I then feel ill and set my mind on other things.

God help me when I'm at Villa Park on Sunday, I'm praying we stay up.

Edited by ChriszyD

I've died a thousand deaths over it and it's only Friday ffs. Not given up hope yet though. I can't shake the feeling it'll be a total non-event though, we'll be down 3-0 by the 20th minute and it'll all just be over.

I'm actually not too stressed, like a lot of otehrs im resigned to the fact if we go down it's deserved from being completely shite for the whole season, and if we stay up we will have been VERY lucky.

The thing is, if we stay up, Is Ashley really going to invest a lot of money to stop this situation happening again!?

I'm actually not too stressed, like a lot of otehrs im resigned to the fact if we go down it's deserved from being completely shite for the whole season, and if we stay up we will have been VERY lucky.

The thing is, if we stay up, Is Ashley really going to invest a lot of money to stop this situation happening again!?

Honestly the really scary thing is what the fuck is he going to do if we go down. :lol:

He's taken a club that should have been able to sit Premiership mid-table with a baboon running it and brought us to this, there are no depths to which we might not be taken.

In theory we should have a decent bit of money to spend whether we go up or down - the 12mil from Minler should be being paid now (or at least some of it?) and the money from the Given + Zog deals - plus the 25/15/12/10/whatever it is this week Mikey boy has promised to invest, as well as money from the players that will be off regardless of what league we're in.

In reality he'll, at best, use the money from any sales this window and hope we forget about all the other money