support next season

Dr Gloom

does anyone know what are our projected home gates for next season....or is anyone willing to guess? i imagine that our hardcore is around 35k - anyone know how many season tickets we've sold for next season?

i suspect that although there will be more empty seats around the ground than we've seen for years, the atmosphere may improve as it will be the true hardcore support that continue to turn out every week. perhaps a return to pre-level 7 extension noise levels...

I know a Leeds fan very well and was talking to him about this. They went from 40k to 30kish in their first season. I would expect us to lose 25% of our fans, bringing us in the 30-40k region. I pray to God we bounce staright back up as that will fall even further if we stay down.

a lot of new away grounds next season!

a few more fun away days too. surely we're going to win more than the two we managed away from home this season

I honestly think our away support is going to be tremendous! call it novelty or whatever but I think people will struggle to get tickets for some games, Blackpool, Scunthorpe etc

Hopefully i'll get to more home games, with less interference from Sky and Setanta moving the games to monday nights and the like.

Cant see the average being up over 35k though.

how do you think they will run the seats next year at home? think they will close off a small section unless they sell out so people are still packed into areas, or do you think there will just be pockets of empty seats all over the ground. I think it'll be the second option as the numptys in charge couldn't find their own ass with a mirror on a stick let alone organise seat movements again, but i think it will have a horible effect on the atmosphere.

I think it'll all depends if there are signs of change during the summer and whether Shearer is still on board. Regardless of what league we're in, most just want to see 11 players committed to the black and white. So if the fans see that MA is backing Shearer I can't see too much changing with regards attendance.

I know a few on here have had doubts about renewing..Gemmil I think, and others. What are your thoughts now?

I've had thoughts about getting a season ticket (although the thought of Ashley still at the club is putting me off).

I honestly think our away support is going to be tremendous! call it novelty or whatever but I think people will struggle to get tickets for some games, Blackpool, Scunthorpe etc

Blackpool's ground is actually pretty decent right now, what with them having a relevantly new stand. I once got to walk out on the pitch there for a Photo...heh....

But anyway, get there early and head down to the Pleasure Beach and then make your way to the match after! Blackpool will be a fucking awesome away day!

Guest alex
I think you can probably knock 15k off for the opening home game of the season. Which way it goes beyond that will depend on how we do.

Aye, all down to how we do on the pitch.

Blackpool's ground is actually pretty decent right now, what with them having a relevantly new stand. I once got to walk out on the pitch there for a Photo...heh....

But anyway, get there early and head down to the Pleasure Beach and then make your way to the match after! Blackpool will be a fucking awesome away day!

away day? funk that! away weekend! honestly cannit wait!

Guest Stevie

I know a lot of season ticket holders, and not one of them who I've discussed the possibility of relegation is jacking it. If we get over 40,000 it will be unparalelled in modern football.

I know a lot of season ticket holders, and not one of them who I've discussed the possibility of relegation is jacking it. If we get over 40,000 it will be unparalelled in modern football.

I know a few who are wanting to jack it, fair enough the club doesn't need supporters like that.

a lot of new away grounds next season!

Yeah, oh goodey, trips to Scunthorpe, Plymouth, Doncaster and Peterborough. Joy.

2 great days out there in the past (actually 3 counting Peterborough twice).

How many more times do people want to go to Wigan or Blackburn? Or to Old Trafford/Anfield knowing humiliation beckons?

Obviously this is a separate issue to the actual football but as I've said elsewhere, maybe people just need to go and enjoy football again.