Beye Wants To Stay

Tooj

Good positive stuff. You'd have to feel sorry for Harper if he got demoted back to second choice by Krul but it's not out of the question. Just hope the kid can stay fit.

I really, really don't :wub:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good positive stuff. You'd have to feel sorry for Harper if he got demoted back to second choice by Krul but it's not out of the question. Just hope the kid can stay fit.

I really, really don't :lol:

Harsh :wub:

I really like Steve Harper myself and think he's a decent 'keeper, although he's not looked as convincing this season as he did when Given had his injury problems. If we've got a better one in Krul though, and we might have, get the cunt played. Given was getting first-team football at about the same age.

not going to pity a rich man who, for years, has earned shit loads and done comparatively little for it. Not doubting his loyalty, but I'm never going to feel sorry for him.

"I don't see any reason to leave Newcastle United – why should I?" said Krul.

"It's my first priority to start the new campaign as first-choice goalkeeper. I am willing to take up that challenge.

"We want to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and I hope to play a major part in it. That would be UNBELIEVABLE."

FHQ.

More good news.

Harper for me has had 6 months to prove himself and hasn't shown anything special. I'd be willing to give Krul a crack at it and see what he can do :wub:

Hopefully Beye stays and proves himself to be the Nobby Solano style of foreigner instead of the typical money grabbing one.

On the Krul thing though, he wasn't exactly great in his time up here in Scotland. He will obviously have improved but seeing him lining up for the first game of the season would leave me a touch aprehensive.

Hopefully Beye stays and proves himself to be the Nobby Solano style of foreigner instead of the typical money grabbing one.

On the Krul thing though, he wasn't exactly great in his time up here in Scotland. He will obviously have improved but seeing him lining up for the first game of the season would leave me a touch aprehensive.

Welcome aboard BTW - cracking to see a whole load of newbies sign up in the last 24 hours. :wub:

Welcome aboard BTW - cracking to see a whole load of newbies sign up in the last 24 hours. :lol:

Aye, was always a lurker on here reading what everyone else said. But now that the board has become members only was sort of forced into signing up :lol: But yeah thanks for the welcomes lads. Oh unless you count Montrose FC as opposition that is :wub:

Welcome aboard BTW - cracking to see a whole load of newbies sign up in the last 24 hours. :lol:

Aye, was always a lurker on here reading what everyone else said. But now that the board has become members only was sort of forced into signing up :lol: But yeah thanks for the welcomes lads. Oh unless you count Montrose FC as opposition that is :wub:

Not yet pal, but if Joe Kinear comes back I wouldn't rule it out.....

Enrique has gave an interview in Marca where he says he wants to stay and believes in fulfilling his contract.

As nice as it is to hear (and I hope he does stay) we're not going to be able to keep every single member of the back four unless Ashley is willing to sub their wages for a season.

Enrique has gave an interview in Marca where he says he wants to stay and believes in fulfilling his contract.

As nice as it is to hear (and I hope he does stay) we're not going to be able to keep every single member of the back four unless Ashley is willing to sub their wages for a season.

“I have a contract for three years with Newcastle," Enrique told Marca.

"Nobody wants to play in the Championship, but I’m thinking only of fulfilling my contract.

“The team has great resources and I am sure that if things go well from the start we can be a team to match Aston Villa.

“I like the city and I am very happy in England, but that does not stop anyone considering an offer that might arrive from another team.

“As it stands today, I see myself playing next season at Newcastle.”

Sounds like he wouldn't be to upset if he had to move. I hope he stays though

"Nobody wants to play in the Championship, but I’m thinking only of fulfilling my contract.

“The team has great resources and I am sure that if things go well from the start we can be a team to match Aston Villa.

“I like the city and I am very happy in England, but that does not stop anyone considering an offer that might arrive from another team.

Can't really blame him for that attitude. He's not straining to get out of here at all costs, but he'd take a clearly superior offer if it came along. If not, he's in for the fight for one season at least. That's about as far as we should expect anyone's loyalty to stretch at this point in time - it's up to us to show that we have the corresponding ambition.

I'd like to see Enrique stay. I reckon he's good enough for the Premiership, so he'll definitely be good enough for the CCC

Sounds to me like a sound-bite from before last weekend.

Be more interesting to hear his views now that relegation is a reality rather than a probability.