Steve Bruce

Jimbo

Is there a real quote of him saying he bleeds black and white anywhere?

Just seen this on N-O, as always, the man's word is his bond.

STEVE BRUCE has rubbished suggestions he could be the next Sunderland boss.

And he believes just considering such a move would be an act of betrayal towards his old Manchester United team-mate Roy Keane.

On top of that, Bruce pointed out that a Geordie could never manage the Toon's deadly rivals.

Wigan boss Bruce, whose side take on Arsenal at The Emirates today, said: "Let's nip this straight in the bud. It's a total non-starer.

"I'm very happy at Wigan and if you cut me open I'd be black and white to the core!"

Edit: This was in December 2008.

Very very foolish words, Bruce.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not the point though. Its still a public humiliation for them

How? We've also got a fan who's claiming to be a hardcore Newcastle fan managing them. It actually makes my stomach churn seeing him in that picture. Much like when you saw Chopra having his bairn dressed in their kit too.

"Yet Bruce is a Geordie who was thought to hanker after the Newcastle and Manchester United jobs and has regularly used smaller clubs as stepping stones.

The Sunderland post is his seventh in management in 11 years and his record overall shows he wins on average only a third of matches.

Bruce may have taken Birmingham into the Premier League but he also took them out of it again and staying up has been his main objective in the top flight.

Sunderland have given the impression they are aiming higher than that and would get a 'big name' manager. Maybe when Bruce leaves they will".

Thats not the point though. Its still a public humiliation for them

That they have to rely on a Geordie to get them anywhere? Bless em.

Guest Stevie
I can't imagine they're too bothered. I think it's been well established that he's talking shite when he says he's a Newcastle fan.

I believe he has a strong affinity for Newcastle, I do believe that. Just look round this board though, at the people who have moved away from the area, your trophyshy's, your fishes, your Parky's, your Craig's, when you move away from the area for a length of time, your love and affection for the club can become watered down, and Parky and Craig's love for Hamburg and Liverpool respectively, mirror Steve Bruce and Bobby Charlton's affinity for Manchester United.

mirror Steve Bruce and Bobby Charlton's affinity for Manchester United.

I'd argue that's a test though - compare and contrast him and his brother who I hated as our manager but I've softened to since because of his genuine love of the club. Both men spent their playing lives with one club.

I can fully understand ex-players having a soft spot for clubs - see Sir Les is a good example - but I don't think this ever trumps genuine love of a properly supported club. The caveat to that is I don't think many footballers are genuine fans - they are usually too busy playing as kids/teenagers.

Guest Stevie
mirror Steve Bruce and Bobby Charlton's affinity for Manchester United.

I'd argue that's a test though - compare and contrast him and his brother who I hated as our manager but I've softened to since because of his genuine love of the club. Both men spent their playing lives with one club.

I can fully understand ex-players having a soft spot for clubs - see Sir Les is a good example - but I don't think this ever trumps genuine love of a properly supported club. The caveat to that is I don't think many footballers are genuine fans - they are usually too busy playing as kids/teenagers.

I reckon even if your were conceived on the centre circle at Elland Road, you would still find it hard to love Leeds.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder tbh. I probably view the NE with rose tinted specs and forget all the nongs and shitholes.

I think my affiinity for the club is stronger than ever despite current trading shortfalls. I llove Melbourne but have zero affinity for Collingwood or Melbourne Storm or Melbourne Knights.

In other words Stevie, you're talking shite mate.

I reckon even if your were conceived on the centre circle at Elland Road, you would still find it hard to love Leeds.

Fair point but the other players from the Revie era like Bremner, Giles, Lorimer etc all seemed to go the Bobby Charlton way and became professional Leeds Cunts.

I can't imagine they're too bothered. I think it's been well established that he's talking shite when he says he's a Newcastle fan.

I believe he has a strong affinity for Newcastle, I do believe that. Just look round this board though, at the people who have moved away from the area, your trophyshy's, your fishes, your Parky's, your Craig's, when you move away from the area for a length of time, your love and affection for the club can become watered down, and Parky and Craig's love for Hamburg and Liverpool respectively, mirror Steve Bruce and Bobby Charlton's affinity for Manchester United.

:icon_lol: Fuck off stevie, how is my affection for Newcastle been watered down? Because I don't froth at the slit when someone who was born in Brighton supports the same club as me? Because I can't recite every team member stretching back to the dawn of time?

I can't help breaking these rules, I'm not conformist, I'm different.

...Yeah :icon_lol:

Edited by The Fish

:icon_lol:

Bollocks! I'm Newcastle through and through til the day I die - not watered down at all and as I've said previously, the only other club I have any affinity for is Preston North End but come the two occasions we play them this coming season, I hope we fucking destroy them.

The only connection I have with Liverpool is that my lass supports them. And with that comes the fact I have to listen to her old man drone on about how badly Liverpool are done to, etc.

As I've said before I'm indifferent to them. There's only 4 clubs I hate in football and that's Man Utd, Tottenham, Sunderland and whoever we play in the next game. I no more want Liverpool to win a match than I do Man City or Aston Villa tbh.

Trouble is Stevie, your hatred for them goes way beyond obsession. So much so that you can't understand when someone else doesn't harbour the same degree of hatred towards them bringing you to the deluded view that they must have some degree of love for the club.

Get a fucking grip man! :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie

Parky was like a dog, he came, and I seen his name at the bottom, he had a good sniff, and turned his nose up at it.