Manchester United 0-2 FC Barcelona

Guest Stevie

Who do you want to win?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were able to put two past ManU this past season, then surely Barca have more than enough power to turn the turbo on when required.

I'd LOVE to see Barca put them down.

The best way ManU have of stopping Barca is to stifle attack and play a defensive game. They'll attack on the break and go full-force towards the end.

Hopefully, by then, Barca will have already neatly put one or two goals in already.

I'm not bothered who wins like. I'll watch it but avoid all the build-up and post-match bollocks.

For a betting interest I'm backing Barcelona to win outright, and doing 3-1 and 3-2 correct scores. So it'll probably be nowts each.

Guest Stevie
Notice it seems to be fans over a certain age who've more inclined to celebrate a Barcelona victory?

Is it because their hatred was at the most white hot during our flirtation with league success in the mid-90s and for whatever reason it hasn't subsided, whereas younger lads either were too young (think on it, 95 was 14 years ago and there's some lads on here who're only 18...) or is it because these lads have had to endure more taunting than the rest of us?

I'm 27 so I was still a teenage when we truly challenged Man U, maybe it was the youth, but I really can't hate Man U or their fans.

I think that's bollocks.

I'm 31, and seen as much of the toon as people in their late 30's, and I've never hated them, found it quite complimentary that such a big club actually think we were significant enough to consider us as rivals briefly and make up songs about us. They're a bigger club than us, partly down to the Munich situation, and them and Arsenal are the only two clubs I respect.

Guest Stevie
I'm not bothered who wins like. I'll watch it but avoid all the build-up and post-match bollocks.

For a betting interest I'm backing Barcelona to win outright, and doing 3-1 and 3-2 correct scores. So it'll probably be nowts each.

I've done Man Utd 3 Barcelona 1 18/1, and Ronaldo first 11/2.

Notice it seems to be fans over a certain age who've more inclined to celebrate a Barcelona victory?

Is it because their hatred was at the most white hot during our flirtation with league success in the mid-90s and for whatever reason it hasn't subsided, whereas younger lads either were too young (think on it, 95 was 14 years ago and there's some lads on here who're only 18...) or is it because these lads have had to endure more taunting than the rest of us?

I'm 27 so I was still a teenage when we truly challenged Man U, maybe it was the youth, but I really can't hate Man U or their fans.

I think that's bollocks.

I'm 31, and seen as much of the toon as people in their late 30's, and I've never hated them, found it quite complimentary that such a big club actually think we were significant enough to consider us as rivals briefly and make up songs about us. They're a bigger club than us, partly down to the Munich situation, and them and Arsenal are the only two clubs I respect.

Maybe so, but I didn't say that it was all fans over a certain age...

I get why Manc-mag hates them so much, he has to endure gloating Man U fans every day, he has to endure living in a city that's the size of a box and nobody knows your name.

Alex hates them because Fergie has more hair than him.

Other people have real reasons, but outside of this forum the majority of fans around a certain age are the ones who hate Man U. Older ones hate sunderland pretty much exclusively, some of them have an emnity towards one or another, but in my experience it's the 30 odd year olds who absolutely detest the Red half of Manchester.

Never said I could back it up with emperical data though.

Guest alex

I think that's bollocks.

Maybe so, but I didn't say that it was all fans over a certain age...

I get why Manc-mag hates them so much, he has to endure gloating Man U fans every day, he has to endure living in a city that's the size of a box and nobody knows your name.

Alex hates them because Fergie has more hair than him.

Other people have real reasons, but outside of this forum the majority of fans around a certain age are the ones who hate Man U. Older ones hate sunderland pretty much exclusively, some of them have an emnity towards one or another, but in my experience it's the 30 odd year olds who absolutely detest the Red half of Manchester.

Never said I could back it up with emperical data though.

Why don't you then?

Still talking bollocks btw :lol:

I want Barca to win, however if I was a betting man I'd go with a 2-0 Man United win.

Looking forward to this, and hoping both Messi and Ronaldo have a blinder.

Well my football bets have been shit lately so you're probably on the right lines :lol:

I seem to do better on football the odd time I bet in play, but this is far too good an excuse to go to the pub to be missed so that's out.

Back in the mid nineties I was not that keen on Man U mainly because of there gloating supporters (I live in Devon) But I have always respected the team and the way that Fergie has them playing football, I am 47 by the way (old git I know)

As I mentioned on an earlier post all the talk seems to be about Ronaldo V Messi with not many folk thinking that Rooney, Henry(if fit), Eto, Giggs, Tevez, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta will have much of a say.

I hope Man U win it but most of all I hope it is an entertaining game of football between the 2 best footballing teams in Europe.

Man U 3 Barca 2

Rooney to score 2

Why don't you then?

Still talking bollocks btw :lol:

Because I'm not going bald. It's just that it's taking longer to wash my face, that's all.

I never said I was right or wrong, if you read the post, it's a question, rather than a definite staement.

knob head

I don't mind ManU and would probably prefer them to edge it, although I'm not really arsed. I'll be watching the Apprentice tbh.

For some reason I've never minded the bigger, more successful clubs. It's the bitter mackem type clubs I hate.

See the Man Utd fans in Rome on GMTV? "Where have you come from?" - "North Devon", "Kent", "Abu Dhabi", etc.

Well what if you were getting interviewed with Jimbo, "Ally", Manc-Mag, Attain and Canofbeans before a champions League final.

"Where have you come from?" "Suffolk" "don't swear on TV!" "Teeessaaad" "Stretford arrr kid" "I am living in Swiss Cottage" "Suwwey miite" etc...

Fuck me, you'd have a monk on if one of them said Gateshead, yet alone Suffolk ! :lol:

No I wouldn't, all of our OOT's are proving their loyalty right now by sticking by the club, but my point is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You'll disagree, but I don't put myself in the same bracket as your typical plastic Manc, the ones that I know and trust me where I live there are many. They chosse to support "united" purely for reasons of glory hunting, have never been to Old Trafford and could write their full understanding of football on a postage stamp, I may be in your view an OOT but I'll support this club come hell or high water, this relegation has only galvanized my passion for it.

Guest alex
I don't mind ManU and would probably prefer them to edge it, although I'm not really arsed. I'll be watching the Apprentice tbh.

For some reason I've never minded the bigger, more successful clubs. It's the bitter mackem type clubs I hate.

Especially Liverpool.

See the Man Utd fans in Rome on GMTV? "Where have you come from?" - "North Devon", "Kent", "Abu Dhabi", etc.

Well what if you were getting interviewed with Jimbo, "Ally", Manc-Mag, Attain and Canofbeans before a champions League final.

"Where have you come from?" "Suffolk" "don't swear on TV!" "Teeessaaad" "Stretford arrr kid" "I am living in Swiss Cottage" "Suwwey miite" etc...

Fuck me, you'd have a monk on if one of them said Gateshead, yet alone Suffolk ! :lol:

No I wouldn't, all of our OOT's are proving their loyalty right now by sticking by the club, but my point is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You'll disagree, but I don't put myself in the same bracket as your typical plastic Manc, the ones that I know and trust me where I live there are many. They chosse to support "united" purely for reasons of glory hunting, have never been to Old Trafford and could write their full understanding of football on a postage stamp, I may be in your view an OOT but I'll support this club come hell or high water, this relegation has only galvanized my passion for it.

+ fucking 1

Although historically Ronny has had mares in these really big games?

Guest alex

And scored first.

And scored first.

Generally plays badly in the really big games.