Manchester United 0-2 FC Barcelona

Guest Stevie

Who do you want to win?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
Does Whitley Bay count as Newcastle Stevie?

Not technically no. North Tyneside is basically Newcastle though isn't it. Is Wallsend in Newcastle? Honest question to which I don't know the answer?

Apparently Park will play tonight, Fergie loves him, I don't think he has that much to his game tbh.

Guest alex
I want Barcelona, they are the only team i watch in the Primera, if they play anywhere near as shite as they did against Chelsea though they can kiss it goodbye right now. Shocking.

Man Utd will walk it 3-0 no doubt.

Got that in the sweep! Can't see it like.

Not technically no. North Tyneside is basically Newcastle though isn't it. Is Wallsend in Newcastle? Honest question to which I don't know the answer?

Apparently Park will play tonight, Fergie loves him, I don't think he has that much to his game tbh.

Sells a lot of shirts over there.

He's playing him for his work rate and defensive capabilities really. A very good defensive winger if there is such a thing. Was a much better player when he was at PSV. Looks to me now like he's lost a bit of pace and the spark he once had.

Guest alex

He's playing him for his work rate and defensive capabilities really. A very good defensive winger if there is such a thing. Was a much better player when he was at PSV. Looks to me now like he's lost a bit of pace and the spark he once had.

And Fletcher, who does a similar job for the team (I know both play at times) isn't available.

See the Man Utd fans in Rome on GMTV? "Where have you come from?" - "North Devon", "Kent", "Abu Dhabi", etc.

Well what if you were getting interviewed with Jimbo, "Ally", Manc-Mag, Attain and Canofbeans before a champions League final.

"Where have you come from?" "Suffolk" "don't swear on TV!" "Teeessaaad" "Stretford arrr kid" "I am living in Swiss Cottage" "Suwwey miite" etc...

Fuck me, you'd have a monk on if one of them said Gateshead, yet alone Suffolk ! :lol:

No I wouldn't, all of our OOT's are proving their loyalty right now by sticking by the club, but my point is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Ridiculous to compare our fans' demographic with their lot tbh.

:aye: not entirely sure Fop's ever met a Man U fan that was actually from Manchester (even Sima isn't :lol:).

Prefer the honest ones though "why do you support Man U?" "they win everything, so who else would I support?".

Guest Stevie
See the Man Utd fans in Rome on GMTV? "Where have you come from?" - "North Devon", "Kent", "Abu Dhabi", etc.

Well what if you were getting interviewed with Jimbo, "Ally", Manc-Mag, Attain and Canofbeans before a champions League final.

"Where have you come from?" "Suffolk" "don't swear on TV!" "Teeessaaad" "Stretford arrr kid" "I am living in Swiss Cottage" "Suwwey miite" etc...

Fuck me, you'd have a monk on if one of them said Gateshead, yet alone Suffolk ! :lol:

No I wouldn't, all of our OOT's are proving their loyalty right now by sticking by the club, but my point is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

:aye: not entirely sure Fop's ever met a Man U fan that was actually from Manchester (even Sima isn't :lol:).

Prefer the honest ones though "why do you support Man U?" "they win everything, so who else would I support?".

They get 76000 every week and 60000 are from Gtr Manchester, therefore they have the biggest local fanbase in the country.

They get 76000 every week and 60000 are from Gtr Manchester, therefore they have the biggest local fanbase in the country.

How do you know? That's a LOT of IP addresses to check. :aye:

Guest Stevie

Man Utd's database of match going supporters. Even if it was 40,000 would still be double the scum of Merseyside.

park is a bundle of energy that restricts opposition players by relentless closing down. he does have a fair bit to his game to be fair. the lads won a couple of league titles and come 4th in the world cup. very very good player and a class above some of the dross that we have.

if he plays against a part fit iniesta i can see him winning that battle.

:aye:

Guest Stevie
My best friend is in Rome for the match and I still want Barca to win.

I'm a terrible friend... :lol:

Is she geordie?

My best friend is in Rome for the match and I still want Barca to win.

I'm a terrible friend... :lol:

Is she geordie?

No, lives near Warrington.

She's spent the week practically claiming that their game tonight is more stressful than ours was at the weekend though, hence me not making a massive effort to back Man U tonight.

Notice it seems to be fans over a certain age who've more inclined to celebrate a Barcelona victory?

Is it because their hatred was at the most white hot during our flirtation with league success in the mid-90s and for whatever reason it hasn't subsided, whereas younger lads either were too young (think on it, 95 was 14 years ago and there's some lads on here who're only 18...) or is it because these lads have had to endure more taunting than the rest of us?

I'm 27 so I was still a teenage when we truly challenged Man U, maybe it was the youth, but I really can't hate Man U or their fans.

Notice it seems to be fans over a certain age who've more inclined to celebrate a Barcelona victory?

Is it because their hatred was at the most white hot during our flirtation with league success in the mid-90s and for whatever reason it hasn't subsided, whereas younger lads either were too young (think on it, 95 was 14 years ago and there's some lads on here who're only 18...) or is it because these lads have had to endure more taunting than the rest of us?

I'm 27 so I was still a teenage when we truly challenged Man U, maybe it was the youth, but I really can't hate Man U or their fans.

I'm 25 and I'm going with Barca. Already explained one of my reasons, but other than that, I really do just hate Man U, their manager and their players.

Edited by leannenufc