Net Spend this Summer

trophyshy

How much outlayed?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I also went for profit purely because without outside investment in the form of a clean sheet and a takeover we are going to need to make a profit as we simply can't afford the fall in revenue we are going to suffer.

• 3 years later...

Just comparing who has spent what so far this summer......

54 Chelsea

24 Arsenal

21 Man U

11 Spurs

9 Liverpool

6 Southampton

5 Reading

5 West Ham

4 Swansea

3 Villa

3 Norwich

0 Everton

0 Fulham

0 Man City

0 Stoke

0 West Brom

-0.4 QPR

-3.6 Newcastle

-6 Sunderland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2145179/Premier-League-transfers--summer-2012.html

Happy to make any corrections from undisclosed fees I've not taken the time to look at more closely.

I think we'll spend some rather than claw it in. In fact, I think we'll be more or less intact and add a few new faces.

Debouchy will be about 6 mill, the cheap Aussie kid, another new face in the back four will be about five or so if they are going to be any good. Offloading Simpson for two perhaps, another young forward/midfielder for 3-4 mill takes us up to about 12 mill or so.

I think we'll spend some rather than claw it in. In fact, I think we'll be more or less intact and add a few new faces.

Debouchy will be about 6 mill, the cheap Aussie kid, another new face in the back four will be about five or so if they are going to be any good. Offloading Simpson for two perhaps, another young forward/midfielder for 3-4 mill takes us up to about 12 mill or so.

Debuchy not looking good.

Are we being ambitious enough for a team that finished 5th?

Just comparing who has spent what so far this summer......

54 Chelsea

24 Arsenal

21 Man U

11 Spurs

9 Liverpool

6 Southampton

5 Reading

5 West Ham

4 Swansea

3 Villa

3 Norwich

0 Everton

0 Fulham

0 Man City

0 Stoke

0 West Brom

-0.4 QPR

-3.6 Newcastle

-6 Sunderland

http://www.dailymail...ummer-2012.html

Happy to make any corrections from undisclosed fees I've not taken the time to look at more closely.

Spurs should be £6.5 million.

I've generously said we'll spend £6-10m cos I'm confident that we won't lose any players and hope we will bring in Debuchy or A.N. Other full back and still hoping for a centre back. Also it seems we're serious about bringing in another striker. If we were to add good players in those three positions we'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Debuchy not looking good.

Are we being ambitious enough for a team that finished 5th?

Ambition doesnt come in to it does it?...everyone seemed happy with what we've done in the last 18 months or so. No good heaping praise on Ashley for waiting for everything to fall into place i.e. player,availability,price etc etc or accepting daft money for Carroll and then complaining about lack of ambition on September 1. I certainly don't want to hear it anyway ;)

Tbh, as long as we get a good attacking full back in and let nobody leave I'll be happy enough. That really is the key to Pardew getting his seemingly preferred 433 working properly i.e. with the fullbacks getting forward to create the width a narrow 3 in midfield doesnt allow usually.

I agree with your earlier view more than your current view....

All I'm saying is next season will be a lot tougher than this one. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing who comes and goes and how Pardew will set about his first European campaign. But looking at how other clubs have faired in the league who have also had to play in the EL in the last few years doesn't fill me with too much hope. Qualifying for it then not being able to give it a decent bash and throwing in the towel is utterly pointless too. I just don't think the squad will be strong enough. Where would we be in the league now if we'd bought a quality centre back in January? 4th might well be ours for the taking. Its this attitude that makes me a bit dispondant about what might be coming up for us. Ok, no one takes the piss out of big Mike, but at what cost to the squad. There was a lot of stick for him on here for that on Feb 1st or do people's memories only go back as far as HBA's goal last Monday?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

:)

I agree with your earlier view more than your current view....

http://www.toontasti...ch&fromsearch=1

:)

Guilty as charged :lol: I'm in two minds all the time when it comes to whats happening at NUFC. The policy they appear to have has been phenomanlly successful for a lot of clubs over the years, the two that stick out are Leazes' beloved Nottingham Forest under Clough and Taylor (not that he ever acknowleged it!) and Lyon in France. But there is another side of me that thinks we should be kicking on from last season and giving Lille what they want for Debuchy or splashing out on Luke de Jong. Thing is, we cant have it both ways, because one or two huge deals (like signing Michael Owen and Luque the same summer for daft money) blows all spending plans and budgets for practically the next decade out of the water. So if we fail to bring our targets in this summer there are those who will criticise and say Ashley's a tight bastard etc etc but that attitude really is wanting to have your financial cake and eating it.

I think that they've done brilliantly in the transfer market for taking us from the championship to the Premier League and for moving us from the bottom half to the top half. I've held my hands up and admitted that my fears of being turned into a West Brom perpetual relegation fighter of a club have been totally unfounded. The £18m spent in 11/12 really raised expectations and performances.

The question Mark was always going to come when it came to pushing to cement our place in the top 5. I don't think it would be a return to the Owen/Luque days to to spend an extra million or so on a player we've targeted for months, and whose value should probably have gone up based on an excellent Euros performance.

Nor do i think we need to spend 8 figures on a centre back, but we must have better cover than Perch & Williamson...and everyone has agreed that for a couple of years. The fact we seem to be heading towards the end of another window without rectifying that is ridiculous.