Shearer ready to quit for West Brom

Jimbo

ALAN SHEARER is ready to quit Newcastle and take over at West Brom.

The Toon manager's relationship with the club has reached breaking point after owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale after they had crashed out of the Premier League.

And, last night, Shearer emerged as the shock favourite to replace Baggies boss Tony Mowbray, who is expected to move to Celtic this week. Once Mowbray's departure is confirmed, negotiations will begin with the Shearer camp.

And Sport Of The World can reveal that the former England striker will listen favourably to any offer.

The Toon legend has been left frustrated by Newcastle's failure to confirm him as manager and give him the time and resources to revive the club's fortunes.

Two rival consortiums are interested in taking over Newcastle but any sale won't be concluded until July - after Newcastle's players return for pre-season training.

A source close to Shearer said: "The delay is damaging. It has been frustrating for Alan. He will not commit career suicide."

Laughable how they got that story from: 'A source close to Shearer said: "The delay is damaging. It has been frustrating for Alan. He will not commit career suicide." that quote.

Shearer has shown nothing to suggest he has the ability to be a good manager.

Don't know why most people are desperate for him to take our job full time tbh.

Because if we don't get him, we might get Joe Kinnear :lol:

I've given up trying to guess what's going to happen with this lot. The truth usually turns out to be stranger than fiction. Odd that the press are fixated by a small Championship club, mind.

Who else do you think will take it?

Especially when us as a PREMIERSHIP club in limbo, with no cash and up for sale could only get Kinnear? :lol:

Change the record Sima.

Look at the options, where the club is currently with the cunt that owns it, what division it's in and then honestly tell us all who the "better" alternatives are?

No? Thought as much.

I'd much rather have a manager that has experience of getting out of this division, can stabilise the club and has had creditable Premiership experience.

Shearer's charisma and his gravitas with the fans is a massive plus granted, however some of his tactical decisions and choice of substitutions in the last few games of the season stand against him.

Someone like Paul Jewell for example would be a decent appointment to stabilise the current situation if a new buyer comes in.

I'd much rather have a manager that has experience of getting out of this division, can stabilise the club and has had creditable Premiership experience.

Shearer's charisma and his gravitas with the fans is a massive plus granted, however some of his tactical decisions and choice of substitutions in the last few games of the season stand against him.

Someone like Paul Jewell for example would be a decent appointment to stabilise the current situation if a new buyer comes in.

Can you give us some examples of which substitutions and ddecisions you mean Sima?

Im with you on the thought that a proven manager with experience of promoting a club would be a better choice however no proven manager with any sense would touch this club under the current regime. In that respect then Shearer is our best hope for the short term at least.

Jewell is a total fool, I'm not saying Shearer is the best man for the job but Paul Jewell is horrid

Jewell is a total fool, I'm not saying Shearer is the best man for the job but Paul Jewell is horrid

I think Jewell would have merely confirmed our second rate status - forward thinking choices would have been Martinez or D Ferguson I think shearer may develop himself into a viable option and if not at least his shadow will have been cast aside and other choices could be given a chance by the fans

ALAN SHEARER is ready to quit Newcastle and take over at West Brom.

The Toon manager's relationship with the club has reached breaking point after owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale after they had crashed out of the Premier League.

And, last night, Shearer emerged as the shock favourite to replace Baggies boss Tony Mowbray, who is expected to move to Celtic this week. Once Mowbray's departure is confirmed, negotiations will begin with the Shearer camp.

And Sport Of The World can reveal that the former England striker will listen favourably to any offer.

The Toon legend has been left frustrated by Newcastle's failure to confirm him as manager and give him the time and resources to revive the club's fortunes.

Two rival consortiums are interested in taking over Newcastle but any sale won't be concluded until July - after Newcastle's players return for pre-season training.

A source close to Shearer said: "The delay is damaging. It has been frustrating for Alan. He will not commit career suicide."

also just reported on talksport that ashley had said shearer was never going to be his 1st choice

"We want him to be the manager 110%," Llambias told the Newcastle Chronicle. "He's very good at what he does and he's a straight-talking guy – we like that. He'd be the perfect appointment.

Like Dowie for example?

Can you give us some examples of which substitutions and ddecisions you mean Sima?

The Villa game is the obvious one. Enrique for Lovenkrands and not throwing complete caution to the wind.

Fucking hell we were fighting for our lives, I'd rather have shipped 3 in the last five minutes with 6 up front than kept it the way it was and in the end not even rendering a decent effort on target.

We went down without even a whimper.

Edited by Sima

The Villa game is the obvious one. Enrique for Lovenkrands and not throwing complete caution to the wind.

Fucking hell we were fighting for our lives, I'd rather have shipped 3 in the last five minutes with 6 up front than kept it the way it was and in the end not even rendering a decent effort on target.

We went down without even a whimper.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but Shearer wasn't on the pitch. He had to chuck on what rubbish he inherited from before who clearly weren't up to the job throughout the whole season, not just the last eight games. If he'd had a half decent player to put on to throw caution to the wind with and instead put on someone who was sh*te then I might agree with you, but he didn't. I doubt even Fergie would have done any better with the demoralised shell of a squad Ashley left him with.

I'll never understand putting Shola on though :lol: