Fixtures

Tom

2010/2011  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking to book a flight up to Newcastle for the SMB game in October in the next couple of days. It might get moved to Sat 12pm or Sunday 4pm but it shouldn't get moved any further than that should it? Can't imagine them having that game on a Monday night.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to book a flight up to Newcastle for the SMB game in October in the next couple of days. It might get moved to Sat 12pm or Sunday 4pm but it shouldn't get moved any further than that should it? Can't imagine them having that game on a Monday night.

Wouldn't have thought so, it's always an early KO.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton cannot wait for the start of the new season after the fixtures for the new season were released.

In a repeat of the 2008 season, the Magpies began their campaign with a trip to Manchester United.

On that occasion, the North East club came away with an excellent 1-1 draw, and Hughton is upbeat ahead of the clash again.

"We had the same fixture two years ago and we got a good result on that occasion, but it is a very, very difficult first game and these are the things we have to cope with," he told Sky Sports News.

"We are aware how difficult a league it is and if we look at the whole list it is even, as after a tough away trip there are games we hope to get something from.

"You go into every game thinking and believing you can get something from it and that is how you have to set your stall out.

"But there are target games and games that will be tougher than others, and in the league there probably will be three sections. We know which one we probably will be in and we know which games we need to get points from."

Prepared

Hughton also dismissed some concerns from fans that Newcastle will not be bolstering their squad following promotion.

"We are very confident that going into the season we will bring in the players that we need to bring in, and we wanted to keep the bulk of what we had," he said.

"I think it is a very exciting prospect getting in the league and one we have to look forward too."

The Newcastle boss also insisted that the club were not merely looking to stay up next term.

"The ultimate target is to stay in the division but I don't think we can settle for that, we have seen Birmingham and Wolves do very well last year and Stoke over the last few seasons really sustain a place and improve every year and that has to be our objective."

Wouldn't have thought so, it's always an early KO.

That's what I thought, cheers.

I'm fucking sick of Wolves beeing mentioned as role models - they finished about 3 points above relegation.

Agreed. Surely Birmingham would be a better comparison? Or are the gutter press suggesting that's a bridge to far for us?

I'm fucking sick of Wolves beeing mentioned as role models - they finished about 3 points above relegation.

Agreed. Surely Birmingham would be a better comparison? Or are the gutter press suggesting that's a bridge to far for us?

Hughton quotes Birmingham, Wolves and Stoke as role models. Of course forgetting that as I said Wolves were shit and also that they and Brum spent a good £20m each.

Hughton quotes Birmingham, Wolves and Stoke as role models. Of course forgetting that as I said Wolves were shit and also that they and Brum spent a good £20m each.

Well that's cheered me up :)

I imagine Ashley would consider that to be a success.

I'd imagine he'd consider us bouncing between the leagues for the next 5 years to be a success too :)

I'd imagine he'd consider us bouncing between the leagues for the next 5 years to be a success too :)

Aye, that would do, especially with the increased parachute payments.

More at our level some of the first championship games look alright.

Leeds vs Derby is bound to be on the BBC & Boro start against Ipswich.

Going by our last season in the Premier League, it would be :)

We all knew we'd get one of the "big 4" away as our first match, there was no way they'd give us a nice easy home game to start with so we could try and keep the momentum going from last season.

However as has been said if you're going to play manu away then early is always best and of the top clubs they are often the slowest starters so it could have been worse. And Villa at home, well as Stevie said, we owe that lot one and why not do them straight away, first home game back in the prem!

I would love to beat Villa like, what a set of sad tossers their fans are!

I echo Stevie's hatred for a lot of the boring bastards from that area!

Regarding Villa, I'd hope we (the supporters)give them a quick expression of our hatred,then drown any and every attempt at a response ,or songs for their lot, with non stop noise in support of the Lads.

Scum as they are, they aren't worth any more acknowledgement than that.

Wolves and Stoke as role models - we can look forward to some great football next season then.