Sailor Jerry Rum

TheMoog

I went to a pirate themed bbq at the weekend at a mate's in Doncaster where he produced a bottle of Sailor Jerry Rum... if you haven't tried it I can heartily recommend it! Awesome stuff, really nice tasting if you like that sort of thing, it's a bit like Morgan Spice Gold, flavoured with vanilla and lime. The only thing is it seems difficult to find, my mate bought his from a local off-license, I bought some yesterday (after a bit of research) from Waitrose as Morrisons and Tescos don't do it sadly.

Anyways, the point of the post was if you haven't tried it and like Morgan Spice type rums then get some of this, it's the daddy!

I've seen a couple of mates drinking this when we're out, and I reckon it's one to pick up for a BBQ that I'm having. Any idea how much a bottle will set me back? (you never know, maybe the voucher will cover it)

I've seen a couple of mates drinking this when we're out, and I reckon it's one to pick up for a BBQ that I'm having. Any idea how much a bottle will set me back? (you never know, maybe the voucher will cover it)

IF Asda sell it! :o

IF Asda sell it! ;)

:o

It is funny like. Could there be a lesser voucher? Kwik Save perhaps.

Cost me £16.99 a bottle from Waitrose but my mate said he got his from some off-license chain called Rhythm & Booze for about £14. Other than that some of the online drink sellers do it I think.

IF Asda sell it! ;)

:o

It is funny like. Could there be a lesser voucher? Kwik Save perhaps.

Definitely :razz: How about a Superdrug one? Exciting stuff!!

Sailer Jerry's is good. Like it in a dark and stormy, a man cocktail (if that isn't an oxymoron)

Dark Rum

Ginger Beer (the fieriest you can find, Bundaberg is pretty good)

Fresh Lime

That's some tasty shit...

Guest alex

I like Rum and I fancy trying the 'proper' stuff which is now getting marketed quite a bit over here as 'True Rum', i.e. the authentic brands from the Caribbean like Appleton, Cockspur etc. Only one I've had is Mount Gay (fnarr) which is well nice. Like the cocktail DS mentions as well although I didn't know what it was called.

Mount Gay and Appletons are both excellent but the best I've had is Matusalem. I've got a bottle of 10 year old at the minute and it's gorgeous (makes a class mojito if we're talking cocktails) but the white excellent too.

SJ is alreet but it's a bit too sweet for me. I could only have a couple before getting sick of it.

I like Bundaberg personally. Made in Australia, which is where I was introduced to it, but the only places I can find it over here are Wetherspoons and Fenwicks.

The dark and stormy cocktail mentioned above is superb with this stuff. They make it in cans over there actually, but the freshly made stuff is nicer obviously.

I like Rum and I fancy trying the 'proper' stuff which is now getting marketed quite a bit over here as 'True Rum', i.e. the authentic brands from the Caribbean like Appleton, Cockspur etc. Only one I've had is Mount Gay (fnarr) which is well nice. Like the cocktail DS mentions as well although I didn't know what it was called.

Friend of mine came back from a trip to Cuba with a bottle of the "second best rum in the world" - I forget the name. He built it up as something incredibly special. It wasn't. But then rum isn't really my drink, so I may be something of a Palestine in that regard.

My mate always gets his Dad that Wood's stuff. Rocket fuel and it's like treacle.

Yeah, we always get my dad that or Lambs Navy Rum for Christmas.

Morgan Spice is alright as a mixer, not as nice as Sailor Jerry imo. Morgan Spice Gold on the other hand is really nice, though sadly it's no available over here, apparently they only sell it on the continent and South Africa (I got a bottle from Cyprus).