Ashley's Legacy...

Winnipeg Toon

Hello, everyone.

Until now, I was willing to have some sympathy for Mike Ashley. I mean, he invested millions in the club, seemed to care for the club at least at some gut emotional level and at worst could be considered an idiot for his decision making around the club. That is not to say I agree with all (or even many) of his decisions, from the constant managerial changes to ridiculous wages offered to players worth less or beyond their peak.

This past few weeks crossed the line.

After relegation, the first priority had to be to get the club ready for life in the Championship. This is not an easy league to escape and on the records it has been as likely for Premier League clubs to fight a second relegation as to get promoted again. Instead, we are managerless, with a dangerously unbalanced squad built to linger in the mid-regions of the Premier League, and no transfer activity until Ashley gets his buyout. In this state, who would buy Newcastle United?

Ashley has just proven what most Toon fans have known all along: Ashley hardly had Newcastle's interests at heart and his continued association with the club is a recipe for disaster.

Keep chugging, Mike. With how you've steered the ship, I hate to think how long it will take you to find a buyer.

Hello, everyone.

Until now, I was willing to have some sympathy for Mike Ashley. I mean, he invested millions in the club, seemed to care for the club at least at some gut emotional level and at worst could be considered an idiot for his decision making around the club.

You lost my attention at this point Im afraid.

Perhaps it is just being naive, but I never thought Ashley would let it get this far. The degree to which he has let his own personal interests trump those of the club he claimed to love is almost unbelievable. At least have an interim manager and the signings necessary to contest the Championship in place. Sales can be made at any time, but the core of the squad should be in place for pre-season training.

His motives for buying the club will probably always be unknown. One of them that went the rounds was that he did it to trump Paul Kelmsley, when he was still worth over 1bn.

If Ashley had done this to a club he'd bought in another country, it probably would have been thought of as an act of war.

Mike Ashley's legacy is one of bitterness, ridicule and horror. Even Michael 'the truth is out there' Knighton would have done a better job. The plethora of managers, temporary managers and acting managers in just one season is an example of the sheer incompetence of his ownership. And lets not go into the whole Dennis Wise issue. And now he is making it worse by not appointing any manager at all, and thus ripping apart any pre-season plans. Newcastle needed someone with a cool head, patience and a long term plan. What you got was a wideboy who wanted to please the fans and then went all Frank Spencer when things were a bit shaky and the fans were unhappy.

To sum up Ashley had bought a club that needed stability, but ended up pushing it into the water and keeping its head below the surface.

Mike Ashley's legacy is one of bitterness, ridicule and horror. Even Michael 'the truth is out there' Knighton would have done a better job. The plethora of managers, temporary managers and acting managers in just one season is an example of the sheer incompetence of his ownership. And lets not go into the whole Dennis Wise issue. And now he is making it worse by not appointing any manager at all, and thus ripping apart any pre-season plans. Newcastle needed someone with a cool head, patience and a long term plan. What you got was a wideboy who wanted to please the fans and then went all Frank Spencer when things were a bit shaky and the fans were unhappy.

To sum up Ashley had bought a club that needed stability, but ended up pushing it into the water and keeping its head below the surface.

Poetry that like, Billy.

Poetry that like, Billy.

The more I hear what is going on at your club, the more my heart sinks. The amount of shit that has happened to Newcastle United FC in the last 12 months or so is simply beyond a joke. Sure, relegation raised a few sniggers from non-Geordie fans, as did the unexpected appointment of JFK, but it is now like someone kicking a dog after they have broken its legs and its ribs. If most neutrals came here and read the crap you have had to see go on at your club, I bet the tune would be more sympathetic than "ha ha, sad deluded Geordie cunts." I know that my team will not be missed by the media or other fans as we are seen as a northern Milwall, but to see any other club being shat on repeatedly like this is awful. I'd even feel a bit sorry for Spurs after a while if they had to go through this, and you know I am not a fan of them.

Poetry that like, Billy.

The more I hear what is going on at your club, the more my heart sinks. The amount of shit that has happened to Newcastle United FC in the last 12 months or so is simply beyond a joke. Sure, relegation raised a few sniggers from non-Geordie fans, as did the unexpected appointment of JFK, but it is now like someone kicking a dog after they have broken its legs and its ribs. If most neutrals came here and read the crap you have had to see go on at your club, I bet the tune would be more sympathetic than "ha ha, sad deluded Geordie cunts." I know that my team will not be missed by the media or other fans as we are seen as a northern Milwall, but to see any other club being shat on repeatedly like this is awful. I'd even feel a bit sorry for Spurs after a while if they had to go through this, and you know I am not a fan of them.

Sadly I think you're a rarity bud.

Poetry that like, Billy.

Kind sentiments about us, but I really don't know how you think Blackburn are seen as a 'Northern Millwall'. Comparing Millwall to Rovers is like comparing Gary Glitter to Dr Barnado. :D

Hello, everyone.

Until now, I was willing to have some sympathy for Mike Ashley. I mean, he invested millions in the club, seemed to care for the club at least at some gut emotional level and at worst could be considered an idiot for his decision making around the club. That is not to say I agree with all (or even many) of his decisions, from the constant managerial changes to ridiculous wages offered to players worth less or beyond their peak.

This past few weeks crossed the line.

After relegation, the first priority had to be to get the club ready for life in the Championship. This is not an easy league to escape and on the records it has been as likely for Premier League clubs to fight a second relegation as to get promoted again. Instead, we are managerless, with a dangerously unbalanced squad built to linger in the mid-regions of the Premier League, and no transfer activity until Ashley gets his buyout. In this state, who would buy Newcastle United?

Ashley has just proven what most Toon fans have known all along: Ashley hardly had Newcastle's interests at heart and his continued association with the club is a recipe for disaster.

Keep chugging, Mike. With how you've steered the ship, I hate to think how long it will take you to find a buyer.

You seem a bit slow on the uptake like :D

Ashley has never installed anyone of any competence at the club, with the possible exception of chris mort.

Keegan? Shearer? Though he has gone on to fuck over both men.

His motives for buying the club will probably always be unknown. One of them that went the rounds was that he did it to trump Paul Kelmsley, when he was still worth over 1bn.

If Ashley had done this to a club he'd bought in another country, it probably would have been thought of as an act of war.

Kelmsley told him to buy it and apparently told him he could make money from it.

Is that the same Kelmsley whose own investments have gone tits up? Surely a man worth taking advice from.....:icon_lol:

thats the same cunt who,when a member of their board, advised spurs to have a d.o.f. as well......they sorted that fuckin mess out last December by appointing a manager with proven ability and giving him 20 odd million to spend in January. What did we do......? :D

Ashley has never installed anyone of any competence at the club, with the possible exception of chris mort.

Keegan? Shearer? Though he has gone on to fuck over both men.

keegan did well to save us from relegation. shearer, for me the jury is out on him.... so far. if we get bought out and he gets us promoted then i'll be glad of him ( of course!)

ashleys just a fat bully boy in any case.

Poetry that like, Billy.

Kind sentiments about us, but I really don't know how you think Blackburn are seen as a 'Northern Millwall'. Comparing Millwall to Rovers is like comparing Gary Glitter to Dr Barnado. :icon_lol:

I'll assume Blackburn are not the ones touring Cambodia in that analogy :D. Anyway, we are a sort of northern Millwall in the eyes of the media after the 2005 FA Cup Semi Final when we spent the match kicking the shit out of Arsenal. The spine of the team were the meek and shy characters of Andy Todd, Aaron Mokoena, Robbie Savage and Paul Dickov so it was fair enough then. However, we had been trying to recover from Graeme Souness, and had to fight for our lives to stay in the Premier League whilst having no money to really buy quality.

Ever since then the myth that Blackburn are the dirtiest team in the league has been perpetuated by that blind, hypocritical, arrogant cunt Arsene Wenger who always goes to the media and says he needs protection for his players from the nasty blue and white bullies so they can be free to walk the ball into the net, dive and occaisionally try to end a Rovers player's season. Van Rapist and Bergkamp were the worst for this. It happens before we play them on almost every occaision and people fall for it, including referees. Tackles that usually get a firm telling off can become yellow cards and so on.

That's a cracking summary of Ashley's ownership. The wrting was on the wall after the January transfer window.