4 million bid for Duff

Scottish Mag

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the zog was never consistent enough though. look at him at wigan for example. never much end product. I beleive the term used for players like this is "promises much, but delivers little".

duff tried but was never going to shake off the effects of several serious ankle injuries, they robbed him of his explosive pace. Mourinho got rid at the right time. he'll do a job for fulham as they have a midfield with far better ball retention than we had...

the zog was never consistent enough though. look at him at wigan for example. never much end product. I beleive the term used for players like this is "promises much, but delivers little".

duff tried but was never going to shake off the effects of several serious ankle injuries, they robbed him of his explosive pace. Mourinho got rid at the right time. he'll do a job for fulham as they have a midfield with far better ball retention than we had...

I was just pointing out we had a left-winger at the time we signed Duff. And he was in form etc. I don't think he'll ever fulfill the potential he once showed. He's still better than anyone we've got in on either wing however and he was messed about here to the extent that it's difficult to know how well he might have turned out with a consistent run on the left. I think he'll do alright at Wigan as well.

Again, like the Ameobi situation, you have to forget about what players did in the PL. We play at a poorer level now, and the priority is to get out of this division. Love or hate him, Duff would have easily looked a class above in this division, and was a player who would have helped us get out of it. It's another good player gone who because of the transfer window and the current situation of the club either won't be replaced or will be replaced with someone sub-standard.

I thought there was absolutely no need for Duff when he signed. N'Zogbia had his best ever season for us and was looking all the better for being a regular starter(remember that goal away to Blackburn?). Duff came in and proceeded to do fuck all, and Zog was immediately dropped to the bench.

Terrible signing.

i was ecited when we signed duff. he looked quality alongside drogba and robben or cole in chelsea's 4-3-3 system. it was also a sign of our pulling power at the time (or our willingess to pay top wages, depending on how you look at it) as lots of other clubs were in for him. shame he looked poor for most of his time with us. i agree though that he would have been excellent in the championship, as would nzogbia for that matter. we will do well to attract a better winger than either of them for a while

Good price for a player long past his best. Great bit of business for you guys. Hodgson must have thought he was at Blackburn again with paying over the odds for average players.

He was at his best at Blackburn and the first couple of seasons at Chelsea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...