Palace 24

Nottm Forest 23

Sheff Wed 23

Barnsley 23

PNE 23

Coventry 20

Blackpool 19

Average 26.62

Loads of kids with zero or next to no experience have squad numbers here though. Doesn't mean the squad isn't paper thin. The equivalent level of players at even Championship teams won't even have squad number. Unless you actually think Coventry only have 20 players including their youth team.

Quality not quantity etc. Half of our "squad" has never played a first team game.

same at other clubs tho'

Half our squad are overpayed rubbish but that is a different problem :blink::razz:

Quality not quantity etc. Half of our "squad" has never played a first team game.

same at other clubs tho'

Half our squad are overpayed rubbish but that is a different problem :blink::razz:

Can't see it being the case at other clubs like. Are you saying (to take a club in the middle of the list you posted) that only 14 of Sheff Utd's players have a reasonable level of 1st team experience? I'd be very surprised if that was the case there or across the board for that matter.

shola and carrol will both do a job in the championship. but they don't look a front two that will work well together. we need to sign at least one other striker i reckon. preferably someone with experience and a bit of pace. a pool of shola, carrol, smith, ranger and one other is probably enough.

the thing that troubles me is that we're bound to ship out the likes of collicini, enrique and jonas. and quite possibly taylor and geremi too. if those players all leave and are not replaced with players that can perform at this level then we will be in trouble.

And I'd still be happy to see Shola go, replacement or not.

Rather play with 10 men tbh.

you must feel such a prat today :blink:

Read your threads and recongise the irony.

From Soccerbase.com

Squad sizes

Newcastle 33

Leicester 32

Derby 32

Watford 32

Bristol C 31

Middlesbro' 30

Reading 30

Sheff U 28

Ipswich 27

Plymouth 27

Scunny 27

Swansea 27

Cardiff 26

Peterboro' 26

WBA 26

QPR 25

Doncaster 25

Palace 24

Nottm Forest 23

Sheff Wed 23

Barnsley 23

PNE 23

Coventry 20

Blackpool 19

Average 26.62

Loads of kids with zero or next to no experience have squad numbers here though. Doesn't mean the squad isn't paper thin. The equivalent level of players at even Championship teams won't even have squad number. Unless you actually think Coventry only have 20 players including their youth team.

but that applies to everyone else as well - everyone still thinks we're in the PL and possibly in Yurop - we have 46 tough games to play but our squad is no worse than anyone else s I reckon

Over a certain level it's the quality of the squad that is important. Problems is we don't know the quality of many of our players included in our first team squad. We had a side last season that was only good enoiugh to finish thrid from bottom in the premier league. That squad has since been weakened substancially with 9 players leaving, and only 1 player coming in (albeit on a 6 month loan).

From Soccerbase.com

Squad sizes

Newcastle 33

Leicester 32

Derby 32

Watford 32

Bristol C 31

Middlesbro' 30

Reading 30

Sheff U 28

Ipswich 27

Plymouth 27

Scunny 27

Swansea 27

Cardiff 26

Peterboro' 26

WBA 26

QPR 25

Doncaster 25

Palace 24

Nottm Forest 23

Sheff Wed 23

Barnsley 23

PNE 23

Coventry 20

Blackpool 19

Average 26.62

but that applies to everyone else as well - everyone still thinks we're in the PL and possibly in Yurop - we have 46 tough games to play but our squad is no worse than anyone else s I reckon

As I've stated, I don't think it does. Have Coventry only got 19 players including their youth team? Of course they haven't. Only an idiot would try and make excuses for Ashley and what he's allowed to happen to the squad over the summer.