Interest in Beckford?

wykikitoon

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be difficult to get to grips with stepping up 2 levels against one of the better teams in Europe. Harsh to judge him to be honest.

I wouldn't call that liverpool team one of the better teams in europe though.

They regularly get into Champions league quarter finals (at least) so i'd have to disagree there.

The point being Liverpool's starting line up last night, wouldn't regularly get into the Champions League Quarter finals.

I didnt see the game/higlights so you are probably in a better position to comment than me to be honest. ;)

Ah ok i see now :huh:

The Liverpool team was pretty doggers to be fair and Leeds had countless chances but there finishing was poor.

Thought he looked excellent, him Bechhio and Snodgrass were top class for Leeds. The move which involved all 3 and led to the overhead kick from Beckford would have graced any premiership match.

He gave Carragher a hard match from the off.

Only saw the highlights but he looked dangerous to me. His finishing let him down on occasions but he was unlucky at times and was causing them a lot of problems.

Beckford is a big game bottler. Everytime Leeds have needed him for play off finals etc hes been shite, as he was on Tuesday night. He went missin on Tuesday night and even the Leeds fans agree on that!

It should of been the stage he was looking for, a "come and get me stage" but no, he went missing.

Beckford is a big game bottler. Everytime Leeds have needed him for play off finals etc hes been shite, as he was on Tuesday night. He went missin on Tuesday night and even the Leeds fans agree on that!

It should of been the stage he was looking for, a "come and get me stage" but no, he went missing.

I watched the match with a Leeds fan and we both reckon thats drivel.

Well I watched it with about 200 Leeds fans and the majority agreed with me!

That he had a shit match against Carragher? I think there was a decent penalty shout in the first half, he had a few chances to score, the overhead kick being the most memorable AND he was playing against a top class (world class?) defender. If thats considered a bad game when playing against an experienced defender from the top of the premiership then you and your Leeds mates are deluded. I know the accusations leveled against Beckford and was watching him with them in mind and was impressed by his play.

Just look at the state of Carragher 10 mins after the match on TV, either he has an alcohol problem or he was sweating buckets due to the amount of running around he did stopping Beckford.

Well I watched it with about 200 Leeds fans and the majority agreed with me!

You canvassed 200 Leeds fans? I detect a whiff of bullshit.

Ok, ok, so I didnt asked everyone there but from the moaning they did they werent impressed.

he had a few chances to score

Yes, and he didnt?

I thought Leeds played well against a weakened Bin Dippers side. They played the ball on the floor and passed well, Snodgrass in particular. Beckford however wasnt as great as the Leeds fans make out. He goes missing in big games, simple.

Maybe my first post was harsh as I was a tad tipsy, but I wouldnt of branded his play excellent? Thats way OTT IMO. He was ok, not good, not great, just ok.

Ok, ok, so I didnt asked everyone there but from the moaning they did they werent impressed.

That's just people from Yorkshire, that's how they sound.