wheres Pud??

paddy

NUST Facebook update

BREAKING NEWS involving NUFC and the Newcastle United Supporters Trust in tomorrow's Chronicle. Be sure to pick up a copy, or check out our website from midnight tonight.

what be the crack??

NUST Facebook update

BREAKING NEWS involving NUFC and the Newcastle United Supporters Trust in tomorrow's Chronicle. Be sure to pick up a copy, or check out our website from midnight tonight.

what be the crack??

Visit My Website

its not mine btw - Dave Lister wouldnt allow that sort of thing sir

Edited by Kryten

BREAKING NEWS/ NEWSFLASH – Its time to step up to the plate – The Trust is backing the Yes we can’ campaign and you can read about it in the Evening Chronicle who have broke the scoop.

We’re officially launching the Trust on Wednesday 7th October at Newcastle Civic Centre and more details and partners will emerge but John Gibson, a great Trust supporter wrote a series of superb and accurate stories culminating with our front page splash.

Now is the time for fans and businesses to back the “Yes we can” bandwagon.

Derek Llambias, asked by BBC Radio Newcastle if the fans could buy a stake in the club answered “No” – we say “Yes we can!”

Derek has set the bar, we’re accepting the challenge and the scheme to buy the club has already raised over £20m in pledges.

That is real money that is pledged to be invested in our club, not by fake sheiks, billionaires with billionaire ego’s, imaginary consortiums etc.

This is by real people like you and me.

Watch out for more information after the launch, but as always our website has the news that really matters. Watch this space.

There are a number of businesses involved so far. Big companies and individuals, this is NOT Graham Roberts I must point out. Those involved will be announced over the next week or so.

A lot of work has been going on in the background over the last month or two and it's starting to gain momentum.

There are a number of businesses involved so far. Big companies and individuals, this is NOT Graham Roberts I must point out. Those involved will be announced over the next week or so.

A lot of work has been going on in the background over the last month or two and it's starting to gain momentum.

Is this with an aim to buying the club outright, or say joining together with say Moat if he's a serious bidder meaning together there would be more financial power behind the group?

Am I the only one who's feeling very cautious by this notion? :D

no, especially as a year down the road there has still being no elections.

It's not that - I have every belief that the intentions of NUST are in the best interests of the fans and the future of the football club.

I don't want to use the phrase "5 year plan" for obvious reasons but aside from buying the club, will the consortium be outlining to the fans their plan to take the club forward over the next 10 years or so?

You confuse me totally.

You shouted on about how we should have a forum where members can put these points forward yet weeks after its been put in Ive not seen a post from you? Thats where you should be making these points, raise it, ask the questions and see the answers you get back.

On that note have you read the FAQs? the reasoning behind the delay in elections etc?

I have no problem with the debate being raised on here however I would want to see these concerns being raised in there as well, thats the place for them, thats where you'll get answers from more than just me because at the end of the day I could be feeding you any old bullshit on here.

Concerns, thoughts, questions etc etc should be raised in the proper place, that way you know you'll get answers and to be fair, you're not really helping the cause by raising them here only. Non-members could read what you've put and think theres a rabbit off, members have concerns and cant get them answered, that sort of thing which is anything but the case.

Raise your concerns there, you'll get answers, if after debate you're not happy then raise them here in the public domain also but at least give us a chance to do things properly first.

It's not that - I have every belief that the intentions of NUST are in the best interests of the fans and the future of the football club.

I don't want to use the phrase "5 year plan" for obvious reasons but aside from buying the club, will the consortium be outlining to the fans their plan to take the club forward over the next 10 years or so?

Is probably where I am. I cant critisise it as I dont know anything about it yet alone seen a business model. But, the concept of it does leave me somewhat cautious. But, interested.

Again though, we need everyone who is a member to put these thoughts in the place that will be read by the rest of the committee, its easy enough for me to say "3 people I know who are members think this" however its meaningless.

I ask anyone that is a member to put their thoughts forward to the committee through the proper channels that way they have a chance of being seen, debated, thought about and answered.

Continue it here by all means but please never assume that because I read it, it will be seen by others or taken on board.

I'll C&P my post from N-O. I'm too hungover to be writing it out again.

Everyone has differing opinions on different subjects but there are always some big issues at the club that almost everyone is universally agreed on and that's where fan representation will work. There is also the accountability issue. Having someone on the board, even if they're not able to influence decisions in a big way, will still have it's benefits as a watchdog.

They're not going to own the club outright but if they do have £20 million pledged from various organisations/supporters of NUST then they could be very desirable to someone like Moat and his consortium who want to get the fans behind them and pump some more cash into the takeover fund.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread you can't possibly agree with everything NUST say to the letter, i'm one of their biggest advocates and I certainly don't, but in reality the issues people get their knickers in a twist about are minor. We're all fans and we've all got the same goal - to see this club be as successful as possible. I understand people are skeptical and have quibbles about the wording of this or their policy on that but in the grand scheme of things it means fuck all. I'm probably not going to agree with the ridiculous comments spouted around me today at the match but I certainly don't think myself as a better supporter than those people with differing opinions.

Pledges are one thing. Lets see how many put their hands in their pockets when the time comes to it? Also, regardless of if the fans have a share of the club, will the final decision not sit with the majority shareholder ie. Ashley or Moat?

I don't understand the negativity of some people. Good on NUSC for having a go and trying to do something positive. If it works out great. If it doesn't, what have we lost?