The Guitar Thread

On 23/05/2021 at 09:31, sammynb said:

I totally forgot about the Fanies pedal, did you read about it?

4 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol:

I know you're a 30 year old virgin Quiff but fannies has two Ns (and sometimes a cock) in it!

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Used to be called a Fuzz Box before everyone started shaving. :lol:

4 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

How is the FY2 btw? You a big Jesus and Mary Chain fan or do you just hate your neighbours? Can't be be much of an audience for those kinda sounds.

Haven't got it yet, should be here by the end of the week and yes both! More the JMC fan but my neighbours are cunts.

Edited by sammynb
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a guitar anecdote per se but I thought this was as good a place as any for this.      

I think Ian Watkins had the same model.

I bet you've snapped a few of them since moving to the South Coast. 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://orangeamps.com/product/custom-guitar/

Have you seen this thing? Nearly 4 grand ffs! I mean would you not just get something from the Fender custom shop or drop a bit more for something from the Gibson custom shop. 

At least you'd be in with a shot at some resale value. And you'd have something that didn't look like this thing looks. 

"This Custom Guitar was designed by Orange’s Technical Director Adrian Emsley "

Nothing but a weird vanity project, like you say, who on earth is buying that? 

Yeh the price is absolutely insane. 

Their amps are amazing but their attempts at guitars have always looked wank, never mind for £4k

Josh Scott in good form here. I expected to see a mention of the old Randall RG series or the Laney amps from the same era but honestly no complaints, the oddball stuff he's found here really renders them all obsolete, even that really shitty looking DOD "grunge" amp.

12 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Josh Scott in good form here. I expected to see a mention of the old Randall RG series or the Laney amps from the same era but honestly no complaints, the oddball stuff he's found here really renders them all obsolete, even that really shitty looking DOD "grunge" amp.

The Electro Harmonix amp looks and sounds a find, the Vox Pathfinders are a dime a dozen here and dirty cheap, would make an interesting option as a second (stereo) amp off a split in the pedal line.

8 hours ago, sammynb said:

The Electro Harmonix amp looks and sounds a find, the Vox Pathfinders are a dime a dozen here and dirty cheap, would make an interesting option as a second (stereo) amp off a split in the pedal line.

I only realised EHX made amps a few years ago when they put out their Mig 50 and Mig 100. Honestly wouldn't mind one of them, the old Sovtek's are great amps.

• 2 weeks later...